Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
isabiggles
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby isabiggles » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:06 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
isabiggles wrote:New RDR DLC looks shit.

Please try again when you#ve actually made something worthwhile that doesn't solely apply to the brainless shoot 'em up masses.

you say that but also rave about morrowind which couldn't apply to the brainless D&D masses any more unless it came with a d20. Some of the best fps's are stupid and they wouldn't be the same any other way

Except that Morrowind is nothing like D&D and the majority of FPS players are retarded as shit.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Calibur wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:
Calibur wrote:Hey, I play D&D and I tell you now if you're looking for the game closest to that, it ain't Morrowind- It's Neverwinter Nights.

I was under the impression that Neverwinter Nights wasnt like D&D it was D&D with actual dice rolling and all of the rules (I know the mechanics of Morrowind are also based on rolling but they hide it)

...your point being? It still means it's more appealing to D&D players than Morrowind :P

would it? Obviously I cant speak from a D&D players perspective but wouldn't it be better to play D&D with real people than AI or does the ease of having a digitised version outway the enjoyment of playing with a group of people
By this axe I rule

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 pm

isabiggles wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:
isabiggles wrote:New RDR DLC looks shit.

Please try again when you#ve actually made something worthwhile that doesn't solely apply to the brainless shoot 'em up masses.

you say that but also rave about morrowind which couldn't apply to the brainless D&D masses any more unless it came with a d20. Some of the best fps's are stupid and they wouldn't be the same any other way

Except that Morrowind is nothing like D&D and the majority of FPS players are retarded as shit.

Morrowind is a lot like D&D and the only reason it seems like there are more stupid fps players is because there are more fps players, play any other genre of game online and you will find the same
By this axe I rule

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Pretty much everything Black Isle did in Forgotten Realms is AD&D, the dice rolling just went on in the background. Baldurs' Gate, 1 and 2, Torment, Neverwinter Nights.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:41 pm

The main reasons a D&D player would preferred a digitised version are a) Time. D&D Campaigns can be incredibly long and slow-moving, so if you just want to skip out all that, you can just play on. b) While playing with real people if infinitely more fun, sometimes you can be in a group with people who just kill the fun for you and sometimes solitude is much, much more appealing.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:57 pm

a
Last edited by Immort_Reaper on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Immort_Reaper wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-3-pop-fiction/701341

I'm going over my mates tomorrow to get drunk and watch the final. Afterwards we'll need something to do.
He has a gamecube.

I'm going to have to try this glitch :lol:

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:38 pm

gumpy87 wrote:Morrowind is a lot like D&D and the only reason it seems like there are more stupid fps players is because there are more fps players, play any other genre of game online and you will find the same

Nah, not really. Having been on both the Bethesda forums for a long time and having also had to listen to and read posts from FPS fans from everywhere I can safely assure you that the role-playing bunch for the most part have brains.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 pm

gumpy87 wrote: the brainless D&D masses

I have to say that this stereotype has gone right over my head. There are brainless D&D masses?

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:

I have to say that this stereotype has gone right over my head. There are brainless D&D masses?

i lol'ed

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:22 am

RedTeamWins wrote:

There isn't, I was being deliberately antagonistic to see if anyone would start defending D&D/RPG players before FPS players
By this axe I rule

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:37 pm

ah, kay. I could give it a shot if you like :B

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:41 am

Just defeated Screaming Mantis, brb when this pathetic anime romance sub-plot ends :ugh:

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Just defeated Screaming Mantis, brb when this pathetic anime romance sub-plot ends :ugh:

I'm on the last chapter, have been for ages and can't be assed completing it at the moment haha
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Annoyingly the super-kawaii love didn't end, and continued throughout the epilogue :ugh:

You're missing about a million and one plot twists, so I reccomend finishing it. Gameplay wise it's a bit lacking though.