TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:26 am

Jobdone wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Was it just me or was the latest episode of The IT Crowd (Which I usually like) complete and utter rubbish?

I liked it.

ditto. wasnt as good as last weeks but it had a few good laughs in it.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 am

Luke_X wrote:
Jobdone wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Was it just me or was the latest episode of The IT Crowd (Which I usually like) complete and utter rubbish?

I liked it.

The only bit I laughed at was when the masseur kissed him on the arse. After that, the entire second half was a tenth rate attempt at Pythonesque wordplay (how many different silly descriptions for the same thing can we use?) but with only a fraction of the style.
And what the fuck was all that rubbish about Spacestar Ordering? I really like Matt Berry but he just came across sounding like a total twat.
Linehan hit rock bottom with that episode.

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Jobdone wrote:

I liked it.

I thought it was pretty good but still probably the worst one yet. That's not saying much since I still really enjoyed it and I think the whole show's great but I didn't think it was that bad.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 pm

I can't believe the previous episode was building up to that "Windows" line for the entire episode. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Futurama now at Episode 4...and it's doing better than the films still, but I feel it's maybe being a bit too pop-cultureish at the moment. The iPhone episode just seemed so forced.

Although Bender and Amy's relationship was just hilarious.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 pm

Calibur wrote:Futurama now at Episode 4...and it's doing better than the films still, but I feel it's maybe being a bit too pop-cultureish at the moment. The iPhone episode just seemed so forced.

The last episode contained a Star Trek joke and a rather amusing political parody that is now my avatar. As long as these nods to the nerds are still in there, i'm still good with Futurama.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey, I'm still loving it. I'd just prefer more geekdom, less "lol, current events!"

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:24 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Calibur wrote:Futurama now at Episode 4...and it's doing better than the films still, but I feel it's maybe being a bit too pop-cultureish at the moment. The iPhone episode just seemed so forced.

The last episode contained a Star Trek joke and a rather amusing political parody that is now my avatar. As long as these nods to the nerds are still in there, i'm still good with Futurama.

i watched this episode this morning. a very good episode all round. they are getting better each time, although i fear they are tackling politics a little too much but i did love Roberto trying to stab Bender with a sock.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Luke_X wrote:
i watched this episode this morning. a very good episode all round. they are getting better each time, although i fear they are tackling politics a little too much but i did love Roberto trying to stab Bender with a sock.

I loved the little visual gag that came out of that with the "I'm gonna have to make a shiv"

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Luke_X wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:

I think they need more politics! But i'm a huge politics nerd so I would say that :P
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:36 pm

The shiv joke was pretty good.

My favourite has to be any bit involving Hedonism Bot though.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Oh, whoever wanted more science- one of the future episodes apparently centers around Group Theory.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 pm

visual jokes have taken a huge step forward in this series. i think they are learning from their mistakes and taking a lot more time with detail. but then you could also say they are doing the same thing as Family Guy who focus a lot on visual and background character detail.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm

some images from the new Walking Dead TV series (based on the comic book) have gone online. looks like they might do the books justice.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Is that Kevin Bacon?