movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Re: movies

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 am

THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOTION PICTURE TRILOGY: EXTENDED EDITION ON BLU-RAY FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO JUNE 28. Extended Versions of all Three Films on 15 Discs, With More Than 26 Hours of Special Features Including the Costa Botes Documentaries.

2 x Blu-Ray + 3 x DVD extras discs per film. Commentary & most of the extras are same as already on older versions & only FOTR gets a full overhaul from Theatrical release, but all will be scaled at highest rate hence the reason they are still on 2 Blu-Ray

Not that it matters, will still be buying this as I have just bought myself two HD screens to use as TV + PC Monitor & I want to keep my DVD Collectors editions in decent condition.

Available for pre-order/alert via normal sites I would imagine.

Then to wait for Star Wars :)

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I'll probably end up seeing captain America for sure, the trailer for the new X men film looks great and not what i was expecting the film to be at all, somaybe this will be the same, i was talking more about the traditions behind the Captain America character, rather than the current movie ( which i admit i know nothing about )

Well, as had been stated, I think you're basing your idea about `the traditions behind Captain America` from nothing but the name and costume. Sure, 70 years ago he was written as a chest beatingly patriotic character but considering it was in the middle of the 2nd World War I think Americans were allowed to be patriotic.

The Marvel comic character stands for what he thinks America should be...and is very often disappointed at what it is. He's certainly not a tool to promote how much better America is to everywhere else, the character is just a man of very high morals. The film will, IIRC, feature the character Union Jack who Cap has often fought besides so we can do a bit of flag waving of our own!

If you're a comic fan Andy I'd urge you to put your preconceptions behind you and pick up Ed Brubacker's recent story lines...it's probably the best superhero run of the last half dozen years.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:56 pm

thanks, will do, I am reading the Dark Avengers stuff at the moment, so will go for that when they are finished

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:08 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:thanks, will do, I am reading the Dark Avengers stuff at the moment, so will go for that when they are finished

dont forget Civil War. you only really need to read the main book, but the Iron Man book shows how much hate Captain America has for Iron Man. Hopefully a trailer will be released soon for Captain America as pictures of him (well a very low quality clip and gif) throwing his shield.

theres also suppose to be some Batman 3 casting news soon over some people roles.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Luke_X wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:thanks, will do, I am reading the Dark Avengers stuff at the moment, so will go for that when they are finished

dont forget Civil War. you only really need to read the main book, but the Iron Man book shows how much hate Captain America has for Iron Man. Hopefully a trailer will be released soon for Captain America as pictures of him (well a very low quality clip and gif) throwing his shield.

theres also suppose to be some Batman 3 casting news soon over some people roles.

Have you seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChaQIPPa ... r_embedded

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 pm

that was the clip i was referring to. the version i saw was incredibly low res and was basically watching a blue blur change to a red blur. glad to see a HD version has come out and it has made em very exited for the full trailer. i wish they'd hurry up and get these reshoots done and dusted so the film can come out.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

ish42 wrote:Just watched Die Welle for the first time since it was out in the cinema. Absolutely fantastic. I really should reiterate how much you need to see this film Mr Weasel.

Brilliant film, released on DVD here as "The Wave". I went off on one about it a few months ago. Really, really, really good film.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 pm

some new Captain America footage. http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... short-clip

the first clip shows mainly small clips but a large section on a pre-formula Steve Rogers. and the second clip is a 6 second clip of a scene. a full trailer is due Thursday.

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Went to see Paul yesterday
thoroughly enjoyed it

loads of great sci fi refrences

espacially loved the 'cantina' scene!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:25 am

Captain America trailer is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBXXnYo ... r_embedded

Hasn't impressed me as much as the Thor or X-Men ones if I'm honest.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 am

Went to see Limitless last night. It was good. I liked some of the visuals, story was interesting, it felt quite realistic like that is what would happen if such a pill existed. Though still felt like it was missing something..

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Soze wrote:Captain America trailer is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBXXnYo ... r_embedded

Hasn't impressed me as much as the Thor or X-Men ones if I'm honest.

that didnt seem to show the power and emotion as well as the comic con teaser did. although it still made go wow. i imagine a second trailer will appear in a few weeks showing more footage.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:53 pm

The Cap America trailer hasn't made me go i must see this, unlike the Thor trailer, but that may be to my dislike of the character more than anything,i will see the film, but wont be trying to beat the cues to see it, will catch a later showing a few weeks after release probably

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Meh.
Another film with more CGI and green screen work than anything else, with Tommy Lee Jones chucked in for a bit of credibility.
DVD job for me.
Probably.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Just seen The Eagle, really enjoyed it, was a lot more story driven than the trailer would have you believe, and really does the job well, some acting is quite wooden though I have to admit, solid 7/10