Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Moonburp
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Moonburp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:14 pm

I've always wondered how on earth people can eat while walking. A piece of fruit or a snack bar or something, fair enough but I see people walking down the street tucking into sandwiches and even full breakfasts. There's something a bit disgusting about it, i find.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Moonburp wrote:I've always wondered how on earth people can eat while walking. A piece of fruit or a snack bar or something, fair enough but I see people walking down the street tucking into sandwiches and even full breakfasts. There's something a bit disgusting about it, i find.

How do you expect people to eat on the move?

:P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 am

All the freshly ground coffee is gone. Now all I have is instant. Ho hum.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 am

Moonburp wrote:I've always wondered how on earth people can eat while walking. A piece of fruit or a snack bar or something, fair enough but I see people walking down the street tucking into sandwiches and even full breakfasts. There's something a bit disgusting about it, i find.

From a different point of view, my guts will go crazy if theyre not allowed to settle for a couple of minutes after eating. Gaviscon at the ready.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 am

Looks like I'm going to get an excellent virus (what usually happens when dealing with sick people, I can't wait until my immune system finally catches up again
My temp is currently 38.4 and my throat and ears feel sore :(
bloody illness.
Leeds Festival: 08, 09, 10, 11
Download: 09, 10, 11, 12
Sonisphere: 09, 10, 11, 14
Bloodstock: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest: 12, 13
Beermageddon: 12, 13, 14
Hellfest: 13
Damnation: 10, 11, 12, 13
Wacken: 14

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:All the freshly ground coffee is gone. Now all I have is instant. Ho hum.

You grind coffee beans there and then!?

In comes Kate, the crusher of theory that freshly ground coffee is a bean that was ground 2 days ago, and no longer after that.

That probably makes sense. Either way, in comes Kate..!
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 am

Why is it that when in a pub, or walking through town if foreign ugly old men are ignored when they try talking to girls their automatic response is to call them slags?! Where is is the logic in that?
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 am

Noodle wrote:In comes Kate, the crusher of theory that freshly ground coffee is a bean that was ground 2 days ago, and no longer after that.

2 Days!!!

Try 10 minutes.
:coffee:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Purple n Batty wrote:Why is it that when in a pub, or walking through town if foreign ugly old men are ignored when they try talking to girls their automatic response is to call them slags?! Where is is the logic in that?

A bloke was quite nasty a few weekends ago, started talking to me at the bar when I was trying to get served so I blanked him, so he started talking really loudly (to himself) about how I was an ugly stuck up bitch.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

Ndnd wrote:
Purple n Batty wrote:Why is it that when in a pub, or walking through town if foreign ugly old men are ignored when they try talking to girls their automatic response is to call them slags?! Where is is the logic in that?

A bloke was quite nasty a few weekends ago, started talking to me at the bar when I was trying to get served so I blanked him, so he started talking really loudly (to himself) about how I was an ugly stuck up bitch.

It always makes me laugh how women are perfectly attractive enough to chat up in the first place, yet as soon as the chat-upper get rebuffed, suddenly the woman is hideous. :lol: Silly people.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am

Fjar wrote:
It always makes me laugh how women are perfectly attractive enough to chat up in the first place, yet as soon as the chat-upper get rebuffed, suddenly the woman is hideous. :lol: Silly people.

Something similar can happen with men too. I was called a faggot by a woman that began chatting me up but I had no interest in and politely declined. Men aren't the only stupid ones it seems :P

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Some really awful pics from a night out have made their way on Facebook. I didn't realise just how much of an ugly spanner I look when wankered.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Considering the level that they're playing at, it's quite a poor first half of rugby, especially on Ireland's part.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Feeling really drained and just down in general today, but seemingly for no reason. Just one of those (admittedly odd) days. :|

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Can't find my pencil case the one time I actually feel like being creative, and the house is too damn hot.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.