The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:22 pm

The Rock vs Cena - The People's Champion vs The Children's Champion
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 pm

The first Impact i've really enjoyed with ages. I like how they're using Angle to take turns keeping top faces out of the main event picture for a while, particularly as it's Hardy's turn now and i'm really not the fan of him I once was. How does someone whose promos are based around just raising his voice at the end of every sentence get the nickname "charismatic enigma"? Kurt Angle is much more entertaining, his anti-Hardy promo was hilarious. Glad to see Sarita getting some TV time, and the main event was just pure brilliant, particularly Magnus and Aries.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 pm

no matter what hardy does people still love him, thats why he's the charismatic enigma. some guys much better than him struggle to get half the crowd reaction he gets. angle was excellent though, very good promo.

TNA are currently keeping some people off TV to cut down on the number of big names they have to squeeze into impact, which is another great move by them.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:06 pm

CrappyMike wrote:no matter what hardy does people still love him, thats why he's the charismatic enigma. some guys much better than him struggle to get half the crowd reaction he gets. angle was excellent though, very good promo.

TNA are currently keeping some people off TV to cut down on the number of big names they have to squeeze into impact, which is another great move by them.

Part of my problem with Hardy as well is his injuries are really starting to affect him in-ring. Like his botched swanton attempt on someone through a table a while back that ended up being just a big splash. Shit was actually embarrassing.

I have noticed TNA doing that, and it's surprising that sometimes I simply forget about people. Like where has Anderson or Hernandez been for the past while?

It's a good move but it's a bit late coming as far as i'm concerned. I'm still pissed off at TNA for messing up what could've been a great Mexican America/Ink Inc. feud by not giving it any time on Impact bar a 30 second backstage brawl, cutting one of their matches from a PPV broadcast, and then quietly releasing Jesse Neal and Toxin.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:16 pm

mexican america were crap anyway. i like hernandez but he's not a safe worker at all, which is why he hasnt been seen for a while. anderson was away for personal issues but he's back doing live shows now, could be back on impact after angle/hardy finishes and angle takes another few weeks off. pope, RVD and devon are being kept off cause theres nothing for them to do just now. some of the x-division guys are as well.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 pm

CrappyMike wrote:mexican america were crap anyway. i like hernandez but he's not a safe worker at all, which is why he hasnt been seen for a while. anderson was away for personal issues but he's back doing live shows now, could be back on impact after angle/hardy finishes and angle takes another few weeks off. pope, RVD and devon are being kept off cause theres nothing for them to do just now. some of the x-division guys are as well.

The Pope/Dvon story is another one I thought had a lot more juice. RVD is wrestling for some promotion in Amsterdam from what i've heard. Not that that will surprise anyone in the slightest.
Upcoming Gigs

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1090338-wwe-news-wade-barrett-injury-causes-wwe-to-drop-mitb-from-wrestlemania-28

I did kind of think this might the reason why the MITB match was pulled from 'mania as soon as I heard that it had been pulled (despite the fact that I said a few pages back that Barrett's injury might have a positive effect for him but we'll just ignore that shall we? :P )
This is a massive shame for Wade, as he's been one of the guys most deserving of a push over the last year, I'm hoping that this means he'll get the briefcase once the MITB PPV comes round in a few months.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:09 pm

So wait, not only does Big Show have to make us endure one of his shitty slow matches at WM, he also RUINED THE MOST EXCITING MATCH OF THE NIGHT.

Great.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

O-well, leaves 'Taker and Rocky as highlights for Wrasslemania now ....

on a similar note, will TNA bring that damn King of the Mountain match back!
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:56 pm

tried watching raw live last night, fell asleep though and woke up at half 7 watching hockey :lol:
gonna watch the rest of it in a bit

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 pm

A bar near me are showing Wrestlemania live. Fuck. Yes.

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 am

from the spoilers i've seen smackdown may actually be worth watching on friday.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 am

I haven't seen any spoilers but the whole night will just be part of the GM wars storyline so I imagine it will be worth a watch.
Upcoming Gigs

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 am

gelder wrote:A bar near me are showing Wrestlemania live. Fuck. Yes.

I've got the choice of going either to Walkabout in Brum or Rileys in Wolverhampton. I've booked the Monday off work. :)
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 am

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:that was in 2004.
road dogg is working as an agent. i was hoping they would do a legend killer type thing with cody rhodes after his little run with booker. he's slowly winning me over and a few runs with some attitude era legends would be great. and it fits in this thread because the thought of this makes me happy.

I still think Cody is pretty shoddy on the mic but i'm starting to be won round by this whole taking the piss out of Big Show's Wrestlemania record. That could be his new gimmick; beating veteran guys by playing mind games and mocking them. Maybe finishing with a feud against his big bro, Goldust? A straight-up Orton-style legend killer angle wouldn't work, he just isn't tough enough for that.

(copy this and reply to it in the wrestling thread if you want to keep talking)

i was expecting to see him against goldust at WM. i would definitely prefer that to big show.