Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:23 pm

WorMzy wrote:2DS? What're you, six years old? :P

Added you. Mine is 3093-7058-4113.

Yes.

But really it was either be able to afford a 2DS and X or just a 3DS. So I stuck with the 2DS. I don't need the stupid 3D function anyway.

And awesome! I pretty much just started with a Froakie. Trying to get a system update for the game but the Nintendo eShop isn't working. It's really annoying.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Ah, fair enough. I don't use the 3D either, I just like being able to pocket my DS. Makes it easier to get street passes (really easy to get when you use public transport and work at/attend a University btw) and play coins. Dunno if the 2DS has the same Mii plasa functionality as the 3DS, but play coins and street passes are pretty much essential on the 3DS version.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:47 pm

What are play coins and Street pass by the way?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Play coins are what you get from using the pedometer in the 3DS (and possibly 2DS), you can use them to hire random heroes, or buy random puzzle pieces in the Mii Plaza mini games.

Street passes are what you get when your DS passes within range of another DS. You get a Mii visitor from their DS to act as a hero and get to pick one of the other person's puzzle pieces to copy to your puzzle boards.

This seems like a decent enough video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbfd49sTnFY
~ Adam Jenson

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Streetpass Quest is the best game on the 3DS!

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I got a Nintendo 2DS and Pokémon X today. FINALLY.

Add me, bitches!

2938-7608-2197

done, I'm 1392-5137-0723
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Speaking of pokemon actually, it warmed my heart a little to see a lad who couldn't have been more than 12 playing Pokémon Yellow on a GBC in the waiting room at the hospital this morning. To think a game that has been out over here for 13 years now, and is probably older than him and made before he was born can still bring so much pleasure, and I think it's a testament to the quality of the pokemon games that even now, six generations down the line, that there is still something fundamentally enjoyable about the early games that belies it's (by todays standards) rudimentary graphics and somewhat clunky mechanics. And it's not like he was poor, his younger brother had some sort of tablet he was using, and the mother had an iphone, so he was clearly playing out of choice rather than necessity.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:51 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:Speaking of pokemon actually, it warmed my heart a little to see a lad who couldn't have been more than 12 playing Pokémon Yellow on a GBC in the waiting room at the hospital this morning. To think a game that has been out over here for 13 years now, and is probably older than him and made before he was born can still bring so much pleasure, and I think it's a testament to the quality of the pokemon games that even now, six generations down the line, that there is still something fundamentally enjoyable about the early games that belies it's (by todays standards) rudimentary graphics and somewhat clunky mechanics. And it's not like he was poor, his younger brother had some sort of tablet he was using, and the mother had an iphone, so he was clearly playing out of choice rather than necessity.

Fair play to him! I was never that fond of Yellow myself. But then again I never liked Pikachu :P

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 am

Womble wrote:Streetpass Quest is the best game on the 3DS!

Fucking right, I got me a lacy headband. :yes:
~ Adam Jenson

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:Speaking of pokemon actually, it warmed my heart a little to see a lad who couldn't have been more than 12 playing Pokémon Yellow on a GBC in the waiting room at the hospital this morning. To think a game that has been out over here for 13 years now, and is probably older than him and made before he was born can still bring so much pleasure, and I think it's a testament to the quality of the pokemon games that even now, six generations down the line, that there is still something fundamentally enjoyable about the early games that belies it's (by todays standards) rudimentary graphics and somewhat clunky mechanics. And it's not like he was poor, his younger brother had some sort of tablet he was using, and the mother had an iphone, so he was clearly playing out of choice rather than necessity.

Fair play to him! I was never that fond of Yellow myself. But then again I never liked Pikachu :P

You do realise you didn't have to use pikachu? Surely the availablity of all 3 starters outweighed your dislike of pikachu?

---

I've starter the TCG game boy game again recently. Such a shame they never carried it on as a game, as I love to play it. I've managed to get 7 medals so far, beat the rival twice, and won two tournaments. (Tactical saving for the last two). I feel like I understand the game so much better now, especially when it comes to trainer cards. For example for the first time I've found a use for Scoop Up, which previously I thought was a waste of time.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:01 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:You do realise you didn't have to use pikachu? Surely the availablity of all 3 starters outweighed your dislike of pikachu?

Kinda.

Also WoRmzy, the pokemon I found on your friend Safari are awesome. Larvesta and Magmar :yes:

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:08 pm

We need to all go online simultaneously once everyone has done the E4 so we can all unlock the third pokemon.

I've not checked what you give off yet Jim, do you know?

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:07 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:We need to all go online simultaneously once everyone has done the E4 so we can all unlock the third pokemon.

I've not checked what you give off yet Jim, do you know?

Dark, I think.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Bloody hell, you didn't hang about. Did you even stop to sleep in the last three days? :lol:

I think it too me three weeks or so to get to the friend park. :lol:
~ Adam Jenson

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:58 pm

WorMzy wrote:Bloody hell, you didn't hang about. Did you even stop to sleep in the last three days? :lol:

I think it too me three weeks or so to get to the friend park. :lol:

To be honest, Pokémon X isn't exactly difficult. The only reason I took as long as I did (33 hours) was trying to gather a decent Beldum and Ampharos for my team :lol: