The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Lick Mars » Mon May 12, 2008 1:08 pm

haha, all my boyfs seem to have been metallers, not that I've had many, or think thats a criteria.
It helps for going out, being into similar stuff, but its nice to have different interests. If theyre at least into different bands it helps. Means can swap music! Though I don't like when you get someone whos happy to off load a load of their music onto you but won't give yours a chance bah! I like to think I'm the bigger metaller in my relationship :flame:

Miko5
Powermetal Child

Postby Miko5 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:07 pm

hairyscarymark wrote:Not liking you listening to metal is a non-starter

Yep. I mean he would very grudgingly put up with me listening to stuff like Iron Maiden or Angra, but I'm also into heavier/faster stuff as well, which according to him was bollocks/crap/meaningless noise etc, which was a shame because he had an awesome stereo. I had to put up with listening to Sasha and Paul Van Dyke, so it did grate a bit at the time.

hairyscarymark wrote:Also must like Science Fiction, preferably Star Trek

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Star Trek. I did used to be into Farscape though...

hairyscarymark
Consort of the Beast

Postby hairyscarymark » Thu May 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Miko5 wrote:
hairyscarymark wrote:Not liking you listening to metal is a non-starter

Yep. I mean he would very grudgingly put up with me listening to stuff like Iron Maiden or Angra, but I'm also into heavier/faster stuff as well, which according to him was bollocks/crap/meaningless noise etc, which was a shame because he had an awesome stereo. I had to put up with listening to Sasha and Paul Van Dyke, so it did grate a bit at the time.

hairyscarymark wrote:Also must like Science Fiction, preferably Star Trek

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Star Trek. I did used to be into Farscape though...

I said preferably Star Trek but Farscape I quite enjoyed also :D

I cannot remember who Sasha or Paul Van Dyke are but I have a feeling it has something to do with dance music.

Metal people are the best.

p.s I have an awsome stereo but am yet to plug it in as I just got it ;)

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 pm

It helps for going out, being into similar stuff,

I just got out of a nine month relationship with some one I had virtually nothing in common with. 8)

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Fri May 16, 2008 5:25 pm

I was dumped by my girlfriend of two and a half months. Doesn't sound like much, but I actually care about her more than I've ever liked any of my previous girlfriends, and now that she's gone, I feel apathetic and nihilistic. I honestly don't see the point in anything, I've betrayed most of my principles for her (and that means a lot to me, even though some people don't understand it), and she left me for the stock excuse of 'it doesn't feel right'.

What does that even mean???
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Fri May 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Freakshow Nightmare wrote:I was dumped by my girlfriend of two and a half months. Doesn't sound like much, but I actually care about her more than I've ever liked any of my previous girlfriends, and now that she's gone, I feel apathetic and nihilistic. I honestly don't see the point in anything, I've betrayed most of my principles for her (and that means a lot to me, even though some people don't understand it), and she left me for the stock excuse of 'it doesn't feel right'.

Know the feeling, almost exactly the same happened to me a few months back. Just don't ever betray your principles, because I almost lost a really good friend by doing so, frankly if the women concerned doesn't accept your principles then she isn't for you. Though I know the temptation is always to lie to yourself.....

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Freakshow Nightmare wrote:I was dumped by my girlfriend of two and a half months. Doesn't sound like much, but I actually care about her more than I've ever liked any of my previous girlfriends, and now that she's gone, I feel apathetic and nihilistic. I honestly don't see the point in anything, I've betrayed most of my principles for her (and that means a lot to me, even though some people don't understand it), and she left me for the stock excuse of 'it doesn't feel right'.

If we lived in America, this would be the part where you go out and buy a gun

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Remind's me of when my Girlfriend of 2 1/2 Years decided that a perfect 18th Birthday Present to me would be to tell me that we were over.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Fri May 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Remind's me of when my Girlfriend of 2 1/2 Years decided that a perfect 18th Birthday Present to me would be to tell me that we were over.

Girls can be so cruel 0.o

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Fri May 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Zancan wrote:

Girls can be so cruel 0.o

Yeah but now she's a single mother who since me has been with a guy who turned out to be gay (kids dad) and a guy who turned out to be a peado, i still talk to her, she thinks it's ok to phone me at anytime (literally it was 5am the other week) and moan about how shit her life is. So in a way i like to think in my head "HA!" :lol:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Fri May 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Don't just think it in your head, say it. People should suffer all the consequences of bad decisions, not just some!

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 pm

andeh wrote:

If we lived in America, this would be the part where you go out and buy a gun

Too late, made that joke.

Thanks for the support though guys :yes:
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Fri May 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Yeah but now she's a single mother who since me has been with a guy who turned out to be gay (kids dad) and a guy who turned out to be a peado, i still talk to her, she thinks it's ok to phone me at anytime

From the age of 18 to 21 I had a stalker, not dangerous but really annoying and obsessive.

(would be outside my house when I left for work at 8am and outside my work when I finished at 5.30pm just to follow me to and from work as I wouldn't talk to her. If I stopped off at the pub on the way home she would wait outside til I left as she was too young to go in!!)

I finally got rid of her when I moved away to uni and managed to keep my new address from her.

That was 21 years ago and for the last 10 years or so she has made the effort to track me down every 2 years or so just to say hello and see how I am and tell me how her life is going.

I'm only mentioning this because she contacted me the other day and I ended up talking to her for an hour.

Girls are weird

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 pm

jello wrote:
Yeah but now she's a single mother who since me has been with a guy who turned out to be gay (kids dad) and a guy who turned out to be a peado, i still talk to her, she thinks it's ok to phone me at anytime

From the age of 18 to 21 I had a stalker, not dangerous but really annoying and obsessive.

(would be outside my house when I left for work at 8am and outside my work when I finished at 5.30pm just to follow me to and from work as I wouldn't talk to her. If I stopped off at the pub on the way home she would wait outside til I left as she was too young to go in!!)

I finally got rid of her when I moved away to uni and managed to keep my new address from her.

That was 21 years ago and for the last 10 years or so she has made the effort to track me down every 2 years or so just to say hello and see how I am and tell me how her life is going.

I'm only mentioning this because she contacted me the other day and I ended up talking to her for an hour.

Girls are weird

Hahaha, wow. :lol:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri May 16, 2008 9:38 pm

jello wrote:I'm only mentioning this because she contacted me the other day and I ended up talking to her for an hour.

My first kiss four years ago sent me a friend request through Facebook last week. It turns out she's married with a kid now. Somebody I went out with for a month in 2005 had a daughter a few months ago and my first proper girlfriend, who I've never got over, is with someone else now. One by one they're all settling down while I gave up ages ago. Fantastic. :(
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm