The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 pm

im looking forward to hardy vs aries. i would have preferred AJ, but apparently the plan from the very start was for storm to win it and things changed very near the end. storm is not a main eventer. he's ok, but TNA are shoving him down our throats too much, like WWE tried to do with the rock early in his career.

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 pm

NOC

well one of the best matches I thought was the The US title match Cesaro is a very good performer, just a shame about the finish that ruined 2 guys working their asses off I thought :(

Overall a good PPV, not bad at all

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:32 am

Night Of Champions was actually probably WWE's best and most consistent PPV thus far this year. JBL on commentary was refreshing. It was someone here who said about Jim Ross on RAW 1000 that they need him back for how he puts over the younger talent on commentary, and I think JBL is good at doing the same. It's been rumoured already, but i think he'll be back in the chair by the end of the year. The Intercontinental Title match was probably held my interest least, but more so because i'm not an avid fan of any of the guys involved. Still a solid match though. The tag title match and the backstage bits that followed were excellent on the other hand, Kane's "I'm going to Disneyland!" bit especially had me in stitches. Normally i'm not a fan of tag titles runs for temporary storyline tag teams, especially seeing as Kane is now a 12 time tag champ (why the hell did he ever team with Rikishi or X Pac?), but in this case it's too funny and and both guys are too talented for it not to work. With the PTP, The Usos and even The Colóns getting better with each match though I hope the tag division gets back to being about proper tag teams soon. If JBL doesn't go back to commentary instead he and Simmons should come back as the APA to help get the younger teams over. Either them or the New Age Outlaws.

The US title match was an unexpected highlight. Cesaro is excellent in every way, I hope he keeps getting pushed. A storyline where he replaces the US title with the European Championship would be awesome. Also, Zach Ryder impressed me in that match too- he's gotten a lot better than when I first started watching WWE again. Orton vs. Ziggler was the big letdown, not in the match so much, but in the finish. The biggest future hope for the company vs. the overrated guy who doesn't need any more championships and is just there to have feuds with no juice with everyone on the mid-card in between his movie roles and drug suspensions. yeah, the wrong guy really won that match. If Ziggler doesn't start winning more matches he's not going to look legit enough as a champ.

Eve vs. Layla was the best divas match i've seen in a long long time. Not mind-blowing, but still, it was good. Sheamus vs. Del Rio then, for what, the 5th time? I don't care about the storyline, except for the odd funny tidbit from Sheamus. But of all the matches those two have had this year, this one was definitely the most exciting to watch. The main event was pure excellent, and Cena really worked his ass off. That suicide dive was better than either Sin Cara's or Hunico's. I know that's not difficult, but still fair play to him for stepping up his game. The finish was a bit dumb, especially as Cena will no doubt get a rematch for his own (kayfabe) fuck up by not bridging for the pin. Still, a finish which makes Cena look like an average wrestler is a lot more true to life and better than what I expected, which was them turning Punk into a cheap heal by needing Heyman to interfere to retain. Best of all about the match though was the drama. Punk showing up in Yankee colours in Boston along with all the rest of the stuff WWE have done to make him the bad guy and he still gets the same if not better reception than Cena in his hometown wearing breast cancer colours? Got to love that.

Also, people's opinions on this. If Cena had have faced Punk in any other city for the title, would Punk (the champion) still have entered the ring first and Cena (the challenger) last? How much is this hierarchy of the current champ being below Cena just because he's Cena (Punk can only headline a PPV when he's against Cena etc) is just to further Punk's quest for respect storyline, or is it a legitimate statement that the golden boy is above everyone else, including the champ?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't think it's any secret that Cena is still the man in WWE :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:41 pm

apparently the raw rating was bad this week... i thought the show itself was pretty good. plenty of time given to punk, which is always a good thing. the end was pretty good as well.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

Well, cena is not advertised for raw tonight. I really dont mind cena but i hope he isnt there because then wwe will see it is possible to put on a good show without him. Have punk/ryback main event and people will watch.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Well, cena is not advertised for raw tonight. I really dont mind cena but i hope he isnt there because then wwe will see it is possible to put on a good show without him. Have punk/ryback main event and people will watch.

No. Just no.
Upcoming Gigs

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am

Just ordered this badboy

:lol:

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

JRP1349
Powermetal Child

Postby JRP1349 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am

Preferring TNA over WWE at the moment, liking the aces and eights storyline, will be looking forward to Bound For Glory.
Might try and watch RAW later, as usually its up on youtube, but from what i read is Ryback being pushed to take on Punk and isnt Cena out for a few weeks now with a shoulder injury?
"You know what really grinds my gears, you America....fucccckkk you!"

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Well, cena is not advertised for raw tonight. I really dont mind cena but i hope he isnt there because then wwe will see it is possible to put on a good show without him. Have punk/ryback main event and people will watch.

No. Just no.

i didnt say it would be good, i said people would watch. the crowds every week go crazy for ryback.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah I know. I've seen plenty of people saying it should happen recently. Morons one and all. On the one hand you've got one of the best wrestlers in the world with the championship, on the other you've got a big stupid powerhouse who is over despite the fact he probably can't wrestle any style of match beyond squashing someone in 2 minutes. Same as Goldberg in that respect. You put those 2 one on one in the main event on Raw you've got 2 outcomes. If Punk wins it ends Ryback's streak and the whole thing was a waste. If Ryback wins then he has to be put into the championship picture because now in addition to being over he has a non-title win over the champ. WWE would be idiots too if they actually booked it.
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

My hopes for Bound For Glory have been rejuvenated now that TNA seem to have dropped the idea of having Brooke Hogan wrestle. Quite a few solid matches on there and i'm expecting the unexpected with the finish of the Aces And Eights vs. Sting and Bully Ray match. I loved the segment on Impact last week with Pritchard showing D'lo Brown the video of Matt Morgan interrupting the house show. Can't wait to see Morgan come back to TV. As a member of Aces And Eights once they get unmasked will be cool, but a little more of a storyline involving D'lo would be great too. In my opinion more Al Snow and D'lo Brown on TV is definitely a good thing (speaking of which, Al Snow vs Joey Ryan will be killer!) Was great to see Doug Williams on TV two weeks in a row as well, even if the second time he was jobbing to Zeema Ion. I do kind of like Zeema, but him squashing Williams like that isn't really believable. Hopefully this isn't a sign they're going to quietly release Williams soon. I'd love to see a nice long one on one feud between him and Kid Kash at some point.
Upcoming Gigs

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Williams is a trainer in OVW (or whatever it's called) so he won't be on tv as much now - good talent, but he's getting on in years so not a bad thing having him put over the younger guys as he remains credible. - Same as Bully does, loses nigh-on everything but remains one of the most credible guys on the roster
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Except that Bully won on Impact last week!
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm

punk punched a fan at the end of raw last night :lol: tbf people were pushing him and hitting him and security were no where to be seen until after it happened, but it doesnt look good for punk right now since the guy he hit wasnt the one hitting him