The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 pm

The problem is she's good, the main roster aren't and the ones that are ,they don't use
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I dunno, AJ and Kaitlyn are both pretty good. Not Trish and Lita good, but still good. She's English, so they will bring her up as a heel (because everyone in England is an evil bastard, clearly) so she'd have nothing to do right now. Rumour is layla will be turning heel soon so it would just be a bad time to bring her in, with a heel champion and another top diva supposedly turning heel.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:01 am

you have a very good actress with Kaitlyn, I hope they keep pushing her, ven though the crowds really seem unsympathetic towards her, I actually think they'd do better with Kaitlyn as a heel, A J is so over with the fans they struggle to give her heat, she could shoot Kaitlyn at this point and still get cheered :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 pm

CrappyMike wrote:I dunno, AJ and Kaitlyn are both pretty good. Not Trish and Lita good, but still good. She's English, so they will bring her up as a heel (because everyone in England is an evil bastard, clearly) so she'd have nothing to do right now. Rumour is layla will be turning heel soon so it would just be a bad time to bring her in, with a heel champion and another top diva supposedly turning heel.

You're probably right, American audiences always want Brits as the baddies. Winter was the best heel the Knockouts in TNA ever had, and Saraya Knight is possibly the top female heel ever on the women's indy circuit. It turns out Paige is actually her daughter so she could learn a lot. Despite the family resemblance I never quite made the connection- maybe because Saraya is from Cornwall and Paige is billed from Norwich.

I still have to question the concerns about Hero's health and especially his work ethic. If he could wrestle Punk to a 93 minute draw as an overweight teenager (more or less) then I don't think his work ethic could be questioned. That was over a decade ago and he's much more athletic now. He's not a gym animal, but just because he has a bit of a paunch doesn't make him a slob. What this still smells of to me is that he doesn't fit the look that HHH is fascinated with. This is a guy whose own bone structure has been changed by injecting himself with growth hormones don't forget, he is obsessive when it comes to size.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah she was in a documentary around the time she got signed, fighting with my family it was called. It was quite interesting, when I watched I looked at them all and said she'd be the only one to make it in wwe or TNA, and at the end of the show she had her fcw contract. Her brother had a tryout as well but he'll never get to one of the big companies.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 pm

The Zebra Kid is her (half?) brother, right? He'll always have challenging Samoa Joe for the ROH world title as his claim to fame anyway. He's past it now but at one time he was one of the top guys on the circuit in Britain. That match in England vs Joe was the first time it was ever defended outside of the US as well so technically he was the first person to challenge for the ROH "world" heavyweight championship.

Will check out that documentary, sounds interesting.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 pm

She has 2 brothers, it was the younger of the two, not the zebra kid I think. He wasnt bad if I remember correctly, but he wouldn't fit in either wwe or TNA at all.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:58 pm

there is so many decent people on the UK scene at the minute that could make it in either WWE/TNA or ROH.

You have entertaining people like El Ligero, Darren Burridge and Marty Scurll who could all make it in the top 2 IMO.

But when it comes to ability you could also see the likes of Zack Sabre Jr, Noam Dar and Lionheart all make it in the likes of ROH where their abiolities as wrestlers would really be put on display a tthe best they can do!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 pm

As I said on the last page, Marty Scurll should've won that TNA reality show instead of Spud. I just hope people who haven't seen him in any other matches dont just write him off because of his horrific botches at the TNA tapings at Wembley. As a team he and Zack Sabre Jr. are awesome as well, which is probably how they could best crack America. They'd fit in right at home in ROH, PWG, CZW and even Chikara with their style.

I hope this British Wrestling Roundup show they have on Challenge takes off and it becomes more than an once a month thing. I've seen some killer guys on there like Rampage Brown, Dean Allmark and El Ligero. Up til that point the only contemporary British wrestlers I really knew of where guys who wrestle for wXw in Germany like Johnny Moss. He's the one guy I'd say it's most disappointing never got a shot to go to America, or even Japan where his size and style would go down really well.
Upcoming Gigs

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

In fairness to Marty though, that main botch was Jesse Godderz fault and not his won.

Also gotta say my favourite guy on the UK indy scene is without a doubt, Dave Rayne. That guy is entertaining and can also work a really fucking solid match!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:In fairness to Marty though, that main botch was Jesse Godderz fault and not his won.

Also gotta say my favourite guy on the UK indy scene is without a doubt, Dave Rayne. That guy is entertaining and can also work a really fucking solid match!

The Brock Lesnar style shooting star press was all him though!

And fuck Jesse Goderz. Fucker has no business being in wrestling whatsoever.
Upcoming Gigs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 am

Christian, ah fuck off :x

Hammer Smashed Custard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Hammer Smashed Custard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Anyone on here been north of the border for any ICW shows? They're getting rave reviews across the wrestling press, big shows coming up with Sabu and Colt Cabana in Edinburgh and Rhyno coming over in October. Excellent atmosphere ringside aswell, its almost like the old ECW cult style audience too.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 pm

I've heard alot about ICW never knew Sabu would be coming over. He is one of my all time favourite wrestlers outside Japan.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:I've heard alot about ICW never knew Sabu would be coming over. He is one of my all time favourite wrestlers outside Japan.

Sabu is doing an event near Nottingham next month

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=123520&st=1050

Super Crazy and Jay Lethal are on the bill too.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!