Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Fucking dry ice cloud atmosphere shit makes my eyes look like shit. All red.

Got home and have really bad tinnitus. This will be fun to sleep with.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Ever since I moved to Bristol, family gatherings are now my responsibility because they always want to come down here even though them and my brother live in Gloucester. That would be reasonably OK but finding a place that both my mum and my brother will like is damn hard work :(
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:40 pm

I need to get some better chicken, this dodgy frozen stuff I bought lost over 100 grams of water in cooking.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Jobdone wrote:I need to get some better chicken, this dodgy frozen stuff I bought lost over 100 grams of water in cooking.

It's not that it's frozen, some cheap chicken is put through a machine that injects water into the meat to plump it up. Can't remember the name of it, just remember my Dad telling me about it since he works in a place that supplies meat.

My trivial grumbling, well more annoyance but thought this was probably the best threat for it.

My Dad and Step-Mum are away on holiday to India tomorrow and I can tell my Dad feels really guilty going cause of the news I got last week. Obviously not annoyed that he feels guilty, I just don't want this whole thing to fuck up his holiday and mean he doesn't enjoy it. While he's away I'll be getting my CT scan, but we won't get any results from it till the week after and he'll be back by then anyway, so not like anything important will be happening when he's away.

Same for my Mum, she's supposed to be doing this charity walk to Machu Picchu for Macmillan in May. But she's trying to cancel it or get somebody else to do it instead cause she feels guilty going. I know why she wants to and understand why she worried, but I'd rather she went and did it cause I know she's been looking forward to it and has put so much effort into raising money for it.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Oh yeah, should've specified that's what I meant. Saw a doc about that a long while back. They don't even hide it anymore, just says "added water" on the front. But with the spin of "FOR MORE SUCCULENCE".

As for the parents thing, have you talked to them about it? I think the problem is they'd struggle to actually enjoy the things for worry/guilt.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:53 am

I need some new formal/job interview clothes as I've put on so much weight in the last year that all of the shirts and trousers I had accumulated over the last few years don't fit any more but I don't have enough spare money to buy any new ones.
Can't imagine going nude would do me any favours. I'm down to one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts that I can actually fasten up now. Christ!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

Jobdone wrote:
As for the parents thing, have you talked to them about it? I think the problem is they'd struggle to actually enjoy the things for worry/guilt.

Yeah I've tried to. Dad is away to India today so hopefully he'll relax about it a bit when he's there and Mum seems to be talking about the Peru thing like she's going to do it now, so hopefully it'll all be grand.

Trivial grumbling for today. The general tiredness from the lymphoma shite, lack of sleep and a shitty cold has left me feeling like absolute crap. All I want to do is lie in bed all day :ugh:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Trivial grumbling: I'm upgrading my computer, so I have to back everything up and remember what programs I want reinstalling.

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Acid indigestion is seriously doing my head in now taking over about 1/3 of my day/night. It keeps me awake, wakes me up, makes me feel sick, gets really bad as I'm due to take my thyroxine and you have to leave around 4 hours between thyroxine and antacids of any kind so I'm going to have to play around with when I take that. Thankfully, my thyroid levels have been ok so far as they are being checked regularly throughout the pregnancy. The Peptac medicine from the doctor doesn't appear to help the acid at all now, nor does milk, mints, sleeping propped upright.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Jobdone wrote:Trivial grumbling: I'm upgrading my computer, so I have to back everything up and remember what programs I want reinstalling.

May or may not be useful: https://ninite.com/

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Nobody can find last years posters, so I've got until Sunday to knock up and get printed two sets for the Wargames club show.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:26 am

Ensorcelled wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Trivial grumbling: I'm upgrading my computer, so I have to back everything up and remember what programs I want reinstalling.

May or may not be useful: https://ninite.com/

Well shit. That would've been hella useful about 12 hours ago :lol:

I'll keep it bookmarked anyway, cheers mate.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Why am I so bad at flirting and general social functioning oh god.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 am

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?"
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:26 am

You should definitely channel Zap Brannigan Ania.

TG: Guy asking too many awkward questions on the phone before 10am and i'm going to have to call my temping agency and tell them they are incompetent later which will be such fun.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock