The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Pagan Knight
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Pagan Knight » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Fjar wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Soaps, women love soaps, and get so in to it that it distorts their version of reality, to the point where they think they are watching a documentary

I only watch Eastenders! I promise. :D

Thats bad enough ! :rolleyes:
A Storms A-Brewing!
The Clan Destined , A Forest Of Stars , Wintersun , Tiamat , Moonspell , Wardruna , Pitchshifter , Anathema , Sòlstafir , Suicidal Tendencies , Moonsorrow , Winterfylleth , Baroness & FEN for Bloodstock Open Air ....

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

siliconfury wrote:One I've definitely noticed over the years is that men enjoy being silent and doing absolutely nothing, however we cannot sleep in absolute silence (we need a tiny amount of background noise, preferably music) -- Whereas women love to talk (Got a book offering detailed theories why, it's not just a stereotype) yet Fjar can't sleep if there's a tiny bit of noise!

To be fair, that's the only huge different I think we have (though I think Clarkson and Paxman are awesome crtiics, and I can't really stand Wogan on TV - we definitely differ in that department).

:| I think I was clearly born with the wrong body then, cause I can relate more to what you're like than Fjar... I sleep better if I have music on... Unless it's Ghosts Of Loss by Swallow The Sun, cause just as I fall asleep, it kicks in and I jump a mile in the air :lol: When I first moved to Sheffield I struggled to sleep cause it was so quiet after living on a main road in Edinburgh most of my life. Took me ages to adjust.

I'm not as bad as I used to be for having to fall asleep to music. Ex couldn't understand how I could fall asleep listening to the heaviest albums I owned at the time :|
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 pm

I fit into the silent man category. Eep. *Checks* And my was-boyfriend (argh, there's no escape from using it) definitely got into the soaps more, haha.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Soaps, women love soaps, and get so in to it that it distorts their version of reality, to the point where they think they are watching a documentary

I don't like soaps.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I sometimes like to fall asleep to music, but I get paranoid about it being on all night. By 'tiny bit of noise', I think he means people talking next door.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm

I would attribute my sleeping pattern due to me growing up, as a young child I would only sleep if country & western or classic rock was playing (most notably, John Williams, Willie Nelson or ZZ-Top), but that's just me. Probably explains my fucked up music taste today.

*puts on Polyphonic Spree*
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Fjar wrote:

oooh Charlotte, do the eastenders facebook quiz thing, i wanna know who you get! :D

Women and men are completely sodding different, the most significant being probably that women have more efficient access to both sides of their brain and therefore greater use of their right brain - IE we think with the emotional parts, whereas men think more logically.

A good way to put it is during problem solving, men are more concerned about solving the problem, wheras women are more concerned about how the problem came to be...

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

My ex used to get annoyed cause I'd not want to do owt, and he'd be wanting to go out walking. I would rather do nothing on my days off.

If I do get chatting away, it has to be on something I'm interested in. Start me on music, history or football and I won't shut up. I don't do general chit chat. I'm either a total loud mouth or really really quiet.

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

A lot of the differences are probably down to society as well though. Suppose it depends if you believe in essentialism (ooh, fancy long word) and stuff really.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Hamdir wrote:
Fjar wrote:

oooh Charlotte, do the eastenders facebook quiz thing, i wanna know who you get! :D

I can't find it :(
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Told ya, soaps :lol:

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Fjar wrote:

http://apps.facebook.com/whicheastendie ... uiz_metric[activated_at]=1264370408&quiz_metric[clicked_attribute]=feeds_clicked&_fb_fromhash=3aa8f13e6fbd22648eb9abf4530f47b7&ref=mf

does that work?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Hamdir wrote:
Fjar wrote:

http://apps.facebook.com/whicheastendie ... uiz_metric[activated_at]=1264370408&quiz_metric[clicked_attribute]=feeds_clicked&_fb_fromhash=3aa8f13e6fbd22648eb9abf4530f47b7&ref=mf

does that work?

Yep - I got Roxy :D

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 pm

So wait, watching Eastenders makes me a woman with a distorted sense of reality? Lies!

Also, I just took that Eastenders quiz. I'm Ricky. I'd like to think I'm a bit smarter, but otherwise that's probably quite accurate. Oh dear.