Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Dangles » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 pm

heres a download link of the ROM
http://btjunkie.org/torrent/The-Legend- ... d13f5cccdc
use that with EPSXE and you're sorted :yes:
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Looky wrote:
WorMzy wrote:Sony made Legend of Dragoon. <3

Okay, that was back in 1999, but still.

I looked for it on eBay yesterday and it's selling for £70 used.

Not surprising, considering I've only ever seen three copies irl. Fortunately for me, I bought (and still have) two of them.

Even after all these years, it's still my favourite game. <3
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Dangles wrote:Well to be quite honest, what does the xbox 360 have?
I haven't played a console in a while but i'm pretty sure the playstation has more varied exclusives.
Xbox 360 has Gears of war 1,2 and 3, and halo 3 and reach but those are medicre games at best in my opinion.
Playstation has far more unique exclusive titles, little big planet 1 and 2, uncharted 1, 2 and 3, resistance 1,2 and 3 and demon souls.

How can Gears of War 3 be a mediocre game in your opinion if you've not played it yet because it's not out?

You don't want to like it, so of course you'll not :P

I'm not normally into brown shooters, but i've had loads of fun with friends on Gears 2.

Dangles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dangles » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 pm

herzeleid wrote:
How can Gears of War 3 be a mediocre game in your opinion if you've not played it yet because it's not out?

You don't want to like it, so of course you'll not :P

I'm not normally into brown shooters, but i've had loads of fun with friends on Gears 2.

Didn't mean to sound biased i just didn't enjoy the first and second one all that much. The second one however i only played the multiplayer gamemodes on it :P

But yeah that's accurate if i didn't have much fun with previous titles usually i'm quite biased to the successer of that title and won't want to like it :lol:

Now that you say that actually, Halo and Gears in my opinion are very medicre franchises(except for Halo Combat Evolved) but these days they are the best franchises in my opinion to have friends come over and play a few rounds, which isn't something some of the more deep more complex games won't usually achieve.
Eg having a few mates over to play legend of dragoon is not a great idea :lol:
Facebook
Bands that should play Bloodstock next year
VADER | SEPTIC FLESH | KATATONIA | ANATHEMA

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 pm

You could take it in turns to perform additions. :O

It'd be a right ol' laugh.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am

the only PS3 exclusive i'll accept as being any different from the 360 exclusives is God Of War. and even then, darksiders is on 360 and is incredibly similar to GoW. uncharted is overrated shit, as are the rest of them. little big planet is particularly bad, so im giving that a special mention.

but to say PS3 has unique exclusives is just plain wrong. uncharted is tomb raider with a male main character, and although better than tomb raider in every way is neither unique nor particularly good. resistance is just another shooter. demon souls divides opinion, but the one thing everyone seems to agree on is it's pointlessly hard. i have no interest in a game that sacrifices fun to be known as a difficult game.

playstation lost all their good exclusives a long time ago. gears is fucking shit online, and the story is barely that good either. halo is literally the only good FPS series left, and also the only good exclusive series since ME2 was released for PS3 (i know ME was on PC, but we're talking consoles here)

in short, i dont give a shit about exclusives, the online community swung it for me

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 am

The fact this this guy put all the effort into making a portable n64.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... +Sixtyfree

They already have those.

It's called a nintendo 3DS.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:43 am

Well that's the PS3 purchase decided.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 am

Oh I see, Nintendo remakes games and everyone moans. Sony does it and it's the best thing ever!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:29 am

herzeleid wrote:Oh I see, Nintendo remakes games and everyone moans. Sony does it and it's the best thing ever!

I wasn't moaning. I think its a pretty cool idea that they're making N64 games for the 3DS. Stop being so defensive bro.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:29 pm

remaking games shows a lack of originality. although nintendo have been showing that and also general laziness for many years now, what with thinking mario is still a relevant series and such. sony are just trying to attract more people with these collections. they almost would have gotten away with it too, if the MGS and ZOE collections werent coming out for 360 as well leaving them, as usual, with nothing worth talking about, nevermind buying.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 pm

CrappyMike wrote:remaking games shows a lack of originality. although nintendo have been showing that and also general laziness for many years now, what with thinking mario is still a relevant series and such. sony are just trying to attract more people with these collections. they almost would have gotten away with it too, if the MGS and ZOE collections werent coming out for 360 as well leaving them, as usual, with nothing worth talking about, nevermind buying.

DAT INSECURITY!

And really the MGS collection is going to Xbox? That hurts my soul.

The Team Ico Collection isn't really displaying a lack of originality either. They're not remaking it as such, just giving it a new HD paint job. It's hardly a 'Mario Crown Green Bowling'
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 pm

CrappyMike wrote:remaking games shows a knowledge of their target audience

FYP.

20 year old guys that want to play old games but without the shitty graphics.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:07 pm

im 20, and id rather play a new game than one that wasnt very good when i was a kid. also, changing the graphics ruins the game. when i play an old game, i want it to be like playing the classic version, and in many cases i would only ever play the classic version. otherwise id spend my money on a new game.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 pm

I never actually played Ico or SotC so these are new games for me. They're apparently both the dogs bollocks and they're so rare nowadays that they're impossible to find on the cheap. So this is just a great move in my view.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."