Applecore wrote:From a local Reptile pet store's facebook:Reptile Mania wrote: Four-foot-long deadly snake named ‘Hissing Sid’ evades police who even scramble a helicopter to look for him
This has got to be the silliest 'news' story I have ever seen.
1. It's a Ghost Corn Snake. Not in the least bit dangerous (unless you are a mouse).
2. At 4', it could overpower 3 adults??? Please!!
3. A danger to kids? A hamster would be more dangerous. seriously.
4. The police went looking for it with a thermal imaging camera... a COLD-BLOODED reptile???
5. 'Experts' couldn't identify it any better than "a non-native species, probably a constrictor". Get yourself some better experts.
Daily Fail does it again
It isn't as bad as when a whole police force surrounded a field and got a helicopter out because they thought there was a Siberian Tiger on the loose when it was actually a large stuffed toy tiger, it was on the BBC News website a while back.