What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Applecore » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Reminds me of a DVD I got free with a pair of Macbeth shoes years ago. The guitarist from Finch was going around Warped Tour asking people to name (I think) 3 songs by the band who's shirt they were wearing - if they couldn't do it, he'd yell at them and make them turn their shirt inside-out.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Nantha wrote:Oh whatever :lol: She might have liked the band and both their albums and just couldn't remember the names of the albums and said yeah because she was under pressure in front of a camera. I don't think it's just hipsters who pretend they know more about stuff than they actually do when questioned. I've played this game with metalheads too! :P

I find pretending to know more than you do a bit weird personally. You can definitely know a band well enough and not have heard all of the albums though for sure. I tend to get into those type of conversations at grind gigs because there are so many bands (underground ones at that) but 9/10 I would actually have heard of them at least, or checked them out. If not, I'd just say I hadn't. Carl who plays in Reflection In Exile actually designed a logo for a band that doesn't exist and got a shirt made just to wind people up when they asked him about it!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Compulsive liars. They never stop being funny.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Applecore wrote:Reminds me of a DVD I got free with a pair of Macbeth shoes years ago. The guitarist from Finch was going around Warped Tour asking people to name (I think) 3 songs by the band who's shirt they were wearing - if they couldn't do it, he'd yell at them and make them turn their shirt inside-out.

Perfect game to play with kids who wear Ramones or Misfits shirts.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:

Pfft, easy.

London Calling, Anarchy in the UK and Teenage Kicks.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Jobdone wrote:

Pfft, easy.

London Calling, Anarchy in the UK and Teenage Kicks.

The Misfits covered a One Direction song? :o
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Applecore wrote:Reminds me of a DVD I got free with a pair of Macbeth shoes years ago. The guitarist from Finch was going around Warped Tour asking people to name (I think) 3 songs by the band who's shirt they were wearing - if they couldn't do it, he'd yell at them and make them turn their shirt inside-out.

My mate said someone did that to him in Fopp in Manchester when he had a Ramones shirt on. He said his mind went blank and ended up saying Beat on the Brat as it was the first track to come to mind. He said, it's not his favourite, but it did the trick as the guy didn't know what to say after that, apparently he wasn't used to people being able to answer him.

And for the record the right answer is either Bonzo Goes to Bitburg, Pet Sematary or R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

Edit: Having just googled it, I had no idea R.A.M.O.N.E.S. was a Motorhead song. You live and learn.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Subreddit for the day.

Tumblr in action. A collection of the stuff people rant and post about on Tumblr.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:

My mate said someone did that to him in Fopp in Manchester when he had a Ramones shirt on. He said his mind went blank and ended up saying Beat on the Brat as it was the first track to come to mind. He said, it's not his favourite, but it did the trick as the guy didn't know what to say after that, apparently he wasn't used to people being able to answer him.

And for the record the right answer is either Bonzo Goes to Bitburg, Pet Sematary or R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

Edit: Having just googled it, I had no idea R.A.M.O.N.E.S. was a Motorhead song. You live and learn.

The first two are not overly obvious choices either seeing as they're from their later Chrysalis Records period. The number of times i've done this though and the kids have thought "Blitzkrieg Bop" is called "Hey Ho Let's Go" is hilarious. "Rock n Roll High School" is the one they get right most often, but probably because it was in a Tony Hawk game.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:35 am

Jobdone wrote:Subreddit for the day.

Tumblr in action. A collection of the stuff people rant and post about on Tumblr.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/

Amazing. :lol:

EDIT:

Holy fuck:

Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 am

Fjar wrote:Amazing. :lol:

EDIT:

Holy fuck:

Roleplayings gone batshit since I was young. Used to be you'd jump on Gaia and pretend to be a vampire or something shit for a while and use *'s and italics.

Now it's this.

http://new-awakenings.tumblr.com/post/3 ... erspective

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 am

In 2004, me and some buddies went to a certain annual music festival in WI dressed in bandannas and jumpsuits with sharpie-tattoos. We set up a table with a 3'x5' crappy picture of a fireball hitting a car that said, "Remnant" attached to it. We had a box of black and white photos of ourselves and another box of sharpies, a group of friends to hang out by the table playing with some empty rubber-maid containers, and some crappy folding chairs.

Then we sat and waited.

Within 2hrs (the amount of time it took for security to catch us), we had signed hundreds of autographs on photos, faces, shirts, and other things as well. We were told: #1 That our album was simply the best. #2 That they loved seeing us on MTV and VH1 all the time. #3 They wondered if we'd ever come to their town.

When we got busted, all security said was, "Go mosh. What you are doing is not kind."

Best music fest I ever attended.

Found this on the net today. :lol:

henryburch
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby henryburch » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 am

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:

:lol: Brilliant. Sounds like the sort of thing my mate Mark would do. He gets really pissed off when he sees people wearing Ramones shirts when they don't know the band - they're his favourite!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock