What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Turbo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 pm

WMMLT: As an incident with no strings attached, there was a guy that I used to work with got caught walking through a nearby park wearing nothing but a spiderman mask had to appear in front of magistrates court and has since been put on the sex offenders register.

WUMT: As an incident with strings attached, the guy is massively depressed...has problems at home and with the press coverage and that he's gone and fucked his future: I feel these might send him over the edge. I.e. I am genuinely concerned for his welfare. I mean I didn't really know the guy but I feel bloody sorry for him.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:28 pm

you get put on a sex offenders register for just not wearing clothes? really? :|

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 pm

I don't know all the ins and outs. I think it might have been that he might have walked past a minor in the nuddy or something and the guardian wanted to press charges. It's just a bit surreal that you read about this shit. Laugh. Then you notice that you know the person.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:50 am

Nantha wrote:you get put on a sex offenders register for just not wearing clothes? really? :|

It probably depends on the context. If it's a park full of families then it's a bit more serious than walking naked on a beach in Brighton where it happens all the time. And it probably doesn't help wearing a mask, which possibly implies intent to case harm in the view of the police/courts.

Just walking around naked could get you a prison sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Gough
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:44 pm

that's just so fucking bizarre though.
Being sent to prison for just not covering your genitalia. If you think about it, its a massive violation of human rights essentially.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Turbo wrote:I don't know all the ins and outs.

Hurr hurr.

Seriously though, hope that he doesn't end up with much more than a slap on the wrist and that his future prospects aren't in jeopardy. It could happen to any of us off the back of some stupid act.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Nice to see Liverpool living up to its stereotype...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34650304
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Probably a bunch of Londoners like all the thieves and beggars around here. :lol:

Seriously though that used to be the classy part of town with good theatres and pubs. Now it's full of smackheads, alcoholics, dodgy foreigners and beggars. Mainly begging off or mugging the students as they are easy targets. The council turns a blind eye as it's PC not to victimise the homeless and foreign scum. Yet if any of us decided to drink or piss/shit in the street then we'll be getting locked up.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:24 pm

My second stint at Starbucks lasted just over a month � Going off to some fancy artisan place to follow my barista dreamz (and get paid more regularly)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Tet wrote:Nice to see Liverpool living up to its stereotype...

[url]link[/url]

fucking hell, i mean how do you get away with stealing a tour bus in the middle of a city. That's the worst thing to steal in the worst place to steal it from haha

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 pm

It's a quiet area without much passing traffic or pedestrians, on the edge of the city centre in what is mostly a student area. But it has a lot of rough sleepers hanging about.

Funnily enough there used to be a police station opposite. :lol:

Apparently a couple of sneak thieves saw a door open to the venue, took a chance to wander in and struck lucky finding keys laying around. Went outside and they fitted the bus. Bus gone with all the merchandise. I doubt that it was planned.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... n-10339681

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:51 am

It's the people in Liverpool who aren't on the nick arouse suspicion. Though a tour bus is a lot more ambitious than stealing dust caps.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm

I can't say I liked Liverpool, the one time I visited. Isn't the sort of place people gravitate to, either. Like you get people who move to Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Newcastle, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, even Aberdeen. Got some great friends (ok, three) from Liverpool but never known anyone to move there.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:17 pm

All depends on jobs really. I have been to Liverpool a few times and actually like the city. Has alot more to shout about than Brum imho.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Liverpool is grand. The people? Nah.