What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Jim » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Debugging a feature which deploys a Czech version of a website look and feel.

Only problem is I need to create a Czech version of the site before I can apply my branding feature.

Error messages look like this:

Soubor nebyl nalezen.
Při načítání sestavení došlo k chybě: [assembly name removed, company name here], Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7320ee27be39147f.

Making liberal use of Google Translate for this project.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Fibbly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

My mum telling me she thinks I should go into politics- that I'd make a good MP. Which was laughable enough. But finishing the sentiment with "And then you can throw an egg at George Osbourne for me." was truly the best part of that idea. I think her trips to the commons should possibly be carefully monitored.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby MotorAmarth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 pm

"According to RIA Novosti, a 13-year-old Norwegian boy avoided being attacked by wolves by playing a heavy metal song on his mobile phone. The incident took place in the central Norwegian municipality of Rakkestad. Four wolves, who appeared before the boy when he was returning home from school, were scared away by the noise coming from the boy's mobile phone, the Russian website Zvuki.ru said.

The song that saved the boy's life was by thrash metal band MEGADETH.

The boy said he had been told that in order to avoid being attacked by wolves one should not run away from them but attack them."
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm

MotorAmarth wrote:"According to RIA Novosti, a 13-year-old Norwegian boy avoided being attacked by wolves by playing a heavy metal song on his mobile phone. The incident took place in the central Norwegian municipality of Rakkestad. Four wolves, who appeared before the boy when he was returning home from school, were scared away by the noise coming from the boy's mobile phone, the Russian website Zvuki.ru said.

The song that saved the boy's life was by thrash metal band MEGADETH.

The boy said he had been told that in order to avoid being attacked by wolves one should not run away from them but attack them."

I saw this on Blabbermouth :lol:
Apparently it was actually Creed though, not Megadeth.

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby MotorAmarth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Not much difference :ugh:
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
mcroper
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1872
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: Solihull, West Mids
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby mcroper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote:"According to RIA Novosti, a 13-year-old Norwegian boy avoided being attacked by wolves by playing a heavy metal song on his mobile phone. The incident took place in the central Norwegian municipality of Rakkestad. Four wolves, who appeared before the boy when he was returning home from school, were scared away by the noise coming from the boy's mobile phone, the Russian website Zvuki.ru said.

The song that saved the boy's life was by thrash metal band MEGADETH.

The boy said he had been told that in order to avoid being attacked by wolves one should not run away from them but attack them."

I saw this on Blabbermouth :lol:
Apparently it was actually Creed though, not Megadeth.


Regardless of it being Creed or Megadeth, they probably ran away because it was so crap :lol:

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby MotorAmarth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

If it was Creed, then yes.
Megadeth though? Get oooout!
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
mcroper
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1872
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: Solihull, West Mids
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby mcroper » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:13 pm

MotorAmarth wrote:If it was Creed, then yes.
Megadeth though? Get oooout!


Hi, I'm Alex, I don't like many old bands :lol:

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby MotorAmarth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 pm

:lol: Megadeth shouldn't count, because they're ace
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

MotorAmarth wrote::lol: Megadeth shouldn't count, because they're ace

this. i am disappointed alex. very disappointed.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote::lol: Megadeth shouldn't count, because they're ace

this. i am disappointed alex. very disappointed.

Michael! You know you aren't allowed to like good bands! Stop it!

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm

no :P
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Moonburp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:41 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote::lol: Megadeth shouldn't count, because they're ace

this. i am disappointed alex. very disappointed.

This. Megadeth are fucking sweet.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
MetalBeast
Denim Demon
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Every "Arnold Scream"

At the moment, drunken conversation with with some of my mates quickly devolves from normal conversations - via Arnie impressions - to us just "Arnold Screaming" at each other.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Danroush » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:Haven't you realised Dan that women love to be made to cook, it's the way God created us. I am gonna get at least 4 PM's on here now from horny women just because I have typed this...let alone said it to them in real life.


I also said that because all the girls "liking" it are the type that go for the over cocky confident kind of guy
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1