What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 pm

What I found searching for Taake on play.com
http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3231 ... fer=search

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Van Canto still exist (which would typically sit in the WPMOT thread), and they've collaborated with Sabaton which is quite an interesting move for the German a cappella band.

Unfortunately they didnt choose to sing 40:1.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm torn between this and the "depressed" thread (If we have one).

I've now bought so much baccy from the local shop that the woman behind the counter is surprised when I don't.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Mate of mine commenting on the X Factor on Facebook

Your going true to next round! Your shit but it will annoy everyone but your true to the live shows! Potato
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm

I forgot how annoyingly catchy the main theme to Star Trek 09 is and it's well and truly jammed in my head again.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

The most hilarious pull of my night last night:
"I'm not trying to come on to you..."
"You can come on to me if you want."
*Tongues*
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
Turbo wrote:I have just been made aware of http://www.beerintheevening.com and searched for my local which is the Colebrook Pub in Shirley, and virtually every comment except for one said that it was a shithole, poor beer, poor food etc.

Oh right the reason why I found this funny...The one review that did not hold the pub in a similar light.

"hi i have been going in the Colebrook for some time now. There is a pleasant atmosphere every-time i walk in the colebrook its always been clean tidy and organized unlike other pubs in the area. The colbrooks managers are very easy to get on well with and do not allow antisocial behavior. the pub has very nice people within it and are a good laugh. I love going in there on friday night even though its heaving. The pub has recently been having a refurbishment which should be great i cannot wait for it to open i have missed going in there while it has been closed the colebrook reopens on the 21st November at 7pm you may see me in there i cannot wait to see what they have done the the pub all the best may see you soon. "

From a C. Egan.

The pub landlord. Nice try Chris! :lol:

Great website mind. I am currently searching for bad pubs with bad reputations and see what those reviews are like.

Great website, though it goes to show how tourists in Belfast always end up in the wrong places. Somehow The Beaten Docket only got 5.5 compared to 7.2 for The Crown Liquor Saloon and 7.4 for Robinsons, which are all on the same 20 yard stretch of road. Now, The Crown is one of the most beautifully decorated pubs in the world (famously so) but its a tourist trap and is always full of civil service wankers (my ma actually refuses to go for lunch there because she knows she'll run into someone she used to work with.) Robinson's is not bad but it's a glorified racing bar with too cold Guinness, with bar staff who can't pour and is overpriced. The Beaten Docket has the best quality/value ratio for food in the city and does a cracker Guinness, and still has a real "local" feel despite being on the busiest street in Belfast. Honestly don't know why it isn't higher rated.

My hometown Bangor is the same, the 2 highest rated are Fealty's and The Windsor. The Windsor is basically a continual karaoke night for over 40 slegs who should never leave the house and Fealtys is a really unfriendly old man's filth hole. It did used to have a cardboard cutout of Batman with an F on his chest up by the 2nd story window though which was pretty funny. Somehow though Jenny Watts, the oldest pub in town (with some real piratical history- Bangor has a smugglers tunnel running beneath it named after the original proprietor) which has the best steak in town only got 5.5, and 5.7 for The Jamaica Inn which has unreal food, the best Guinness, best bar staff and best live music.

After seeing this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixWUZiBcn7Q I have decided if I ever go to Wales with the sortamissus she's taking me there. The comments for it on that site are hilarious.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/73/7305/Wyndham_Arms/Merthyr_Tydfil

I got the impression with alot of these reviews that they reviewed the pub on one off trade, and very few reviews gave me the impression that they were a regular. My local reviewed in my first post, the Colebrook, isn't that bad. The Drawbridge which is same distance (just over the border into Worcestershire) as the Colebrook but not my favourite drinkery is a total shithole, full of underagers, service and cost is ridiculous, though it mentions the food quality being bad, its situation on a canal saved it from one hell of a slating. Every review mentions something or another about "isnt it nice to see canal barges sail past while drinking on a warm summers evening." Yeah that is about the only good point about it, try going during the winter when its miserable as fuck and all barges are moored elsewhere.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 am

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:50 am

Me and one of my friends literally made people leave the hall by playing Manowar in my flat at uni :lol:
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:27 am

that should tell you that they're fucking awful and you shouldn't listen to them around other people without headphones.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 pm

CrappyMike wrote:that should tell you that they're fucking awful and you shouldn't listen to them around other people without headphones.

We get it, you don't like Manowar

Next!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Mike dislikes something?

SAY IT AIN'T SO.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm currently reading a job description for a cinema. One of the requirements is that my breath must smell fresh and that I should look clean and smell pleasent. :lol:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:22 pm

^ "Long-haired freaky people need not apply?" :lol:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.