Hot or not?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Re: Hot or not?

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Well sorry :( I was trying to find a decent picture like that but clearly I failed :P

Fjar, I agree but then it makes sense if that's not even her as cat woman like Ania said. I think she pulls it off amazingly well in that photo ^

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:57 pm

That photo is loads more like how I'd expect her to look as Catwoman. Fiiiiit.

Am I right thinking that Catwoman is supposed to be completely unhinged and generally a bit nuts? What I saw of that in Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman was awesome. I can't imagine Anne Hathaway being anywhere near as bonkers.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Right as Catwoman or not (I also lean towards thinking she's too nice, but we'll see), she's gorgeous!
Last edited by Littlemissmetal on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Christopher Nolan's Batman he's tried to make more 'realistic', so what would happen if they were real. I don't know much, but from what I understand Catwoman is an incredibly skilled thief I think? So like a cat burglar!
I'm not sure about how she was in the comics, I've never really read any DC so I can't comment. I know in the Batman Arkham Asylum games she was similar to how she's being portrayed in the new film.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Pfeiffer>Kitt>Meriwether>Newmar>Hathaway>Berry

They are/were all gorgeous though (Eartha is no longer with us). Berry should have been higher but they fucked up big-time on the movie and the outfit. Still wouldn't have been sexier than Michelle Pfeiffer or Eartha Kitt though.
Last edited by MetalBeast on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Fjar wrote:
Am I right thinking that Catwoman is supposed to be completely unhinged and generally a bit nuts? What I saw of that in Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman was awesome. I can't imagine Anne Hathaway being anywhere near as bonkers.

That was Tim Burton's interpenetration of Catwoman. That alone should explain it. But he was never a fan of the comics anyway.

Ania essentially hit the nail on the head with Nolan's version of Catwoman too :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Saying she's too nice to play Catwoman... She's an actress, it's sort of her job to be someone else entirely for periods of time? And from what I've seen she's a pretty good actress, so I'm sure she'll have no problem!

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
Fjar wrote:

That was Tim Burton's interpenetration of Catwoman. That alone should explain it. But he was never a fan of the comics anyway.

That makes sense. I forgot Tim Burton did that one.

peypea wrote:Saying she's too nice to play Catwoman... She's an actress, it's sort of her job to be someone else entirely for periods of time? And from what I've seen she's a pretty good actress, so I'm sure she'll have no problem!

I haven't seen her play a villain before. It'll be interesting to see!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I've read some reviews and everyone has said she plays the part amazingly well too. Apparently they're thinking of giving her the main role in a cat woman movie at some point in the future because of it.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I've read some reviews and everyone has said she plays the part amazingly well too. Apparently they're thinking of giving her the main role in a cat woman movie at some point in the future because of it.

Yeah, I just read that! Nolan seems pretty interested, so I'm guessing her portrayal was pretty good!

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Fjar wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:
Fjar wrote:

That makes sense. I forgot Tim Burton did that one.

He did the first two big movies. As hugely influential and important to the comic book franchise and indeed geek/nerd culture as they were, they were still flawed as fuck.

The reason Catwoman was so well-received among the comic nerds was because she was generally perceived as one of the few antagonists less crazy than Batman. She does what she does and looks how she looks because she wants to. But Burton thought "Nah man, lets make her insane.", which was kinda stupid.

I honestly think that Anne Hathaway could be the best Catwoman ever, since he seems to be the only one that "gets" the Batman comics. :D
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

The big question is, is she really a villain?
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:26 pm

From what I've heard, she's not exactly a bad guy, but not really a good guy either. She's sort of inbetweeny...

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm

That's closer to the original Catwoman character. She doesn't really care about being good or evil, she just cares about herself, and will do anything with a selfish motive.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 pm

There's no real "or not" about this one, but I found this image kind of interesting. Because I'm a nerd.
Here's why:
This is a picture from the costume/make-up tests in the making of Scott Pilgrim vs The World. In the books, Envy Adams (Brie Larson) has red hair. But in the film, she's blonde. Apparently nobody was really into her having red hair in the film except Edgar Wright, but he was convinced otherwise.
So yeah. Brie Larson with red hair.
Hhhnnnggghhh...
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock