Hot or not?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: Hot or not?

Postby Applecore » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:29 am

I don't know if it's sexist - Higher demand of nude females due to sexual orientation, perhaps?
Or men are more open with their desire to see tits than women are with their want to see penises..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 am

Probably just down to it being a dude who leaked the images. Need to get a female hacker on the case. :P

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 am

Btw if anyone gets Tom Hardy nudes, hook me the fuck up.

I love that dude (full homo)

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 am

There are plenty of Ashley Cole pictures out there. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 am

Fjar wrote:It's frustrating that all the conversation around this refers to the images and celebrities in general. I don't remember seeing any furore over any leaked pics of male celebrities. This is all directed at female celebrities and their images. I'm sure many male celebrities have nudes on iCloud, but they're somehow safe to do that, there's no risk of their images being leaked on such a huge scale and such a storm being made of it.

I dunno. Seems like classic sexism to me, aside from the issues of privacy etc.

There was that politician dude who had his member posted all over the internet. Nobody was complaining about sexism back then. :rolleyes:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Smerphy wrote:
Fjar wrote:It's frustrating that all the conversation around this refers to the images and celebrities in general. I don't remember seeing any furore over any leaked pics of male celebrities. This is all directed at female celebrities and their images. I'm sure many male celebrities have nudes on iCloud, but they're somehow safe to do that, there's no risk of their images being leaked on such a huge scale and such a storm being made of it.

There was that politician dude who had his member posted all over the internet. Nobody was complaining about sexism back then. :rolleyes:

Quite possibly because men haven't been, y'know, subjugated by women for a couple of thousand of years?

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:53 pm

What's wrong with being sexy?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:What's wrong with being sexy?

:lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Smerphy wrote:

If you're talking about Anthony Weiner, he was sending the photos via Twitter himself.

Also, you don't seem to understand what sexism is. In fact, it's rather ironic that you even use Weiner as an example when he was basically harassing young women on Twitter by sending them the photos of his cock. Persistent sexual harassment is a sexist issue.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:37 pm

onona wrote:
If you're talking about Anthony Weiner, he was sending the photos via Twitter himself.

Also, you don't seem to understand what sexism is. In fact, it's rather ironic that you even use Weiner as an example when he was basically harassing young women on Twitter by sending them the photos of his cock. Persistent sexual harassment is a sexist issue.

And so were a lot of the women in these photos.

I wasn't stating that it was sexist. My point was that neither are sexist (I didn't know that he was sending it to unwilling recipients though, I forgot that part :blond: ). If it's sexist to look at naked pictures of these women, why did noone cry sexism about Verne Troyer's sex tape? or Hulk Hogan's, or Colin Farrel's.
Gandalf the Red wrote:

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:47 pm

I think you entirely missed the point I was making, but honestly I can't even be bothered to get into a discussion about this, because discussions about sexism on forums are pointless.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:What's wrong with being sexy?

:yes:

Blokes don't really do nudes though do they? Unless it's dick pix and let's face it, no women really enjoy seeing those.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 pm

The Verne Troyer did a sex tape?

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Womble wrote:
Smerphy wrote:

Quite possibly because men haven't been, y'know, subjugated by women for a couple of thousand of years?

What Charlotte and Ben said etc etc.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 pm

So it's ok to be sexist towards men for a couple of thousand of years now to make up for it?

Pretty sure that's not how gender equality works. It sucks that that was the situation for so long, but I don't think an eye for an eye is the way to go about correcting the problem. We surely deserve to be on a level playing field.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18