Page 1117 of 1134

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 pm
by Jim
AnnihiSlateR wrote: We surely deserve to be on a level playing field


Indeed, and giving a load of shit to a few female celebs who's pics ended up online, and not giving a damn they're male is not being on a level playing field.

I think that's about the height of the argument, really.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:59 pm
by De Stijl
Nantha wrote:Unless it's dick pix and let's face it, no women really enjoy seeing those.


This is basically the reason.

Womble wrote:Quite possibly because men haven't been, y'know, subjugated by women for a couple of thousand of years?


This isn't tumblr.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:02 pm
by peypea
Smerphy wrote:
onona wrote:
If you're talking about Anthony Weiner, he was sending the photos via Twitter himself.

Also, you don't seem to understand what sexism is. In fact, it's rather ironic that you even use Weiner as an example when he was basically harassing young women on Twitter by sending them the photos of his cock. Persistent sexual harassment is a sexist issue.


And so were a lot of the women in these photos.

I wasn't stating that it was sexist. My point was that neither are sexist (I didn't know that he was sending it to unwilling recipients though, I forgot that part :blond: ). If it's sexist to look at naked pictures of these women, why did noone cry sexism about Verne Troyer's sex tape? or Hulk Hogan's, or Colin Farrel's.


Colin Farrel has a sex tape? Where pls.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:03 pm
by Katesyl
I'm glad we have Ryan to voice what women enjoy for us.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:05 pm
by De Stijl
You damn right. I can because I get heard because I have the privilege. I checked.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 pm
by Gandalf the Red
peypea wrote:
Smerphy wrote:
onona wrote:
If you're talking about Anthony Weiner, he was sending the photos via Twitter himself.

Also, you don't seem to understand what sexism is. In fact, it's rather ironic that you even use Weiner as an example when he was basically harassing young women on Twitter by sending them the photos of his cock. Persistent sexual harassment is a sexist issue.


And so were a lot of the women in these photos.

I wasn't stating that it was sexist. My point was that neither are sexist (I didn't know that he was sending it to unwilling recipients though, I forgot that part :blond: ). If it's sexist to look at naked pictures of these women, why did noone cry sexism about Verne Troyer's sex tape? or Hulk Hogan's, or Colin Farrel's.


Colin Farrel has a sex tape? Where pls.


Go to a porn site which begin with X and ends with videos, and type in Colin Farrell Sex Tape. I'm not responsible for lack of quality. :P

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:37 pm
by Smindas
AnnihiSlateR wrote:So it's ok to be sexist towards men for a couple of thousand of years now to make up for it?

Pretty sure that's not how gender equality works. It sucks that that was the situation for so long, but I don't think an eye for an eye is the way to go about correcting the problem. We surely deserve to be on a level playing field.

I'm not saying inverse-sexism is the right thing to do by any stretch. I am saying that it is not a level playing field though - there is much more of a precedent and attitude set for anti-female sexism than there is for anti-male, which this entire event feeds in to rather horrifically as displayed by the responses surrounding it (primarily the overly potent tone of victim blaming that immediately came out of it).

You're right, of course, in that egalitarianism is the way forward. I would never advocate eye for an eye. But to readdress the gender balance obviously requires far more effort in identifying anti-female sexism than it does in identifying anti-male.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:43 pm
by Turbo
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Go to a porn site which begin with X and ends with videos, and type in Colin Farrell Sex Tape. I'm not responsible for lack of quality. :P




You've admitted far too much there mate. :lol:

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:53 pm
by AnnihiSlateR
peypea wrote:
Smerphy wrote:
onona wrote:
If you're talking about Anthony Weiner, he was sending the photos via Twitter himself.

Also, you don't seem to understand what sexism is. In fact, it's rather ironic that you even use Weiner as an example when he was basically harassing young women on Twitter by sending them the photos of his cock. Persistent sexual harassment is a sexist issue.


And so were a lot of the women in these photos.

I wasn't stating that it was sexist. My point was that neither are sexist (I didn't know that he was sending it to unwilling recipients though, I forgot that part :blond: ). If it's sexist to look at naked pictures of these women, why did noone cry sexism about Verne Troyer's sex tape? or Hulk Hogan's, or Colin Farrel's.


Colin Farrel has a sex tape? Where pls.


http://bit.ly/RcJIBE

couldn't resist

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 pm
by Gandalf the Red
Image

Image

:P

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 pm
by CrappyMike
i think if anything good comes of this, it will be that people will hopefully realise that taking naked pictures of yourself is stupid, they are not safe on digital media platforms. sucks for the people that it happened to, and its not ok that it happened but my sympathy is limited.

as for it being sexist... its a hacker or group of hackers, who more than likely live in either their parents house or a shitty little one bedroom flat somewhere, who has never touched a woman. i really dont think we need to look into it further than the invasion of privacy, leave the sexism debate out of it. there will always be sexist people out there. 1 sexist guy with a computer is no problem, 1 hacker with a computer is a serious problem.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 pm
by Smerphy
It wasn't just one guy, it was a group, the ones who leaked bought into the group and gathered a small amount of pictures before leaking them for Bitcoin.

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:06 pm
by CrappyMike
the point still stands that the hacking is the far more serious issue than the perceived sexism

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:11 pm
by Smerphy
True, but hacking happens all the time, hopefully people will realize this and try and put a stop to this. But no, the FBI's best efforts are being used to try and hide all the images. :rolleyes:

Re: Hot or not?

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:37 am
by Metalchemyst
Applecore wrote:I don't know if it's sexist - Higher demand of nude females due to sexual orientation, perhaps?
Correct.

CrappyMike wrote:the point still stands that the hacking is the far more serious issue than the perceived sexism
Correct.