What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
The gay adoption thing, I guess I think a child should have both a mother and a father.

So you'd rather no parents over two dads/mums?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Starfruit. It's like an apple had a bit of 'ow's yer father with a grape and resulting stress from the shame gave birth to a deformity. Tasty deformity though.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Fjar wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I'm against fertility treatment for heterosexual couples as well. There's too many humans.

I don't really understand this. The population of humans isn't really a cumulative concept when it comes to fertility treatment - if Ms Jones down the road has popped eight kids out of her fertile uterus, does that mean Mr and Mrs Smith, who have been trying to conceive a child for six years don't deserve the chance to have a longed-for child of their own, simply because there's 'too many humans' on their street already?

Yeah, I think if we're going to have policy in relation to population control it should be more towards encouraging people to have no more than 2 children, perhaps with financial incentives or something, or if it became completely necessary then *perhaps* a 2 child limit, depending on the situation. Helping a couple to have their first child however, is a positive thing IMO anyway.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 pm

I think adoption should be more encouraged.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Nope, I tell you what's really freaking me out. The big tree in the back garden obscuring us from part of the field has been cut, meaning people can see right into my room :|

Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Imperanonn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

If you click on the first non-italics/non-bracketed link on any wikipedia page and then on any successive pages, you eventually get to Philosophy. Tried it 3 times and each time I felt genuinely scared. :lol: Apparently it works for like 94% of pages as well.
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:46 am

I drove to work yesterday. After work I drove home, parked the car in a side street as I have to. Checked my mirror before opening the door, there was a car coming so I waited. Across the road to the front a man started crossing diagonally towards the car and I expected him to pass in front to the pavement. But he was taking some seriously long strides straight towards me and got right up to my door before turning to walk behind the car as I panicked and grabbed for the lock.

I'm sure the twat did that on purpose. It took me a moment just sitting there wondering what had happened before I could get out.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 am

Getting really nervous about something I have to do on Saturday. Haven't felt like this probably since the first time I ever played live :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 pm

:lol:

I did an open mic on my own about four weeks ago, nervous as hell. Performance was close enough. Did the same open mic two weeks later, no nerves. Too cocky, song was too ambitious, died a death.

Nerves are a wonderful thing.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 am

I think being one and a half pints drunk is best. Takes the edge off if you need to, but you're still in control!

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:07 am

I always have four pints before a gig. Kinda sucks when you're headlining though, you really have to space them out :lol: Unfortunately, Saturday is like a sporting activity rather than anything musical, so I don't think beer would help much.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:47 am

Big 30th birthday bash for my hospital tonight. Black tie. I've heard rumours that we'll all have our pictures taken etc; guest speakers etc. Shit.

My colleagues (all female) are still trying to work out what to wear :lol: and moaning that I'll be alright with just a tux.

Still don't know what to do with the attempts at growing a beard. My mates all reckon to leave the goatee and say it'll be fine (sides/neck is quite thin like a pubescent 14 year old but the goatee/moustace are of decent thickness, fnah fnah).

I like to think my mate, who some of you met at BOA this year, wouldn't encourage it if it would look daft but we're both blokes and there's that nagging doubt.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014