What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby keera_envenomed » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Danroush wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:A strange woman who lives in one of the flats above me just came into my flat and told me her life story about getting divorced, losing her kids and being unemployed. Apparently Aura Noir aren't enough to scare people away these days...

Seems a bit heartless. I mean I know it's not a particularly normal thing of her to do but by the sound of it she's in a pretty shit situation and just wanted some brief company or someone to throw some fake empathy her way?

Well yeah but I have trouble talking to people I know half the time (anxiety yay) so I don't like having these situations thrust upon me.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:13 pm

You mean you're a bit shy?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm

siliconfury wrote:You mean you're a bit shy?

No. Anxiety is more than being a bit shy. If I was simply "a bit shy" I would be annoyed rather than freaked out.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Yeah, I suppose it would make you feel pretty uncomfortable in that situation, was mostly just trying to bring the other side of things into consideration (not trying to imply that you didn't).
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Every time I go to put the rubbish in the bins downstairs there's a nutty old lady lurking in the bin..garage thing. She just sits in there from time to time, chain smoking and going through the recycling to make sure it's in the right bins. I wouldn't mind it so much but I'm pretty sure she actively hides then looms out from a shadowy corner on purpose.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 am

Danroush wrote:Yeah, I suppose it would make you feel pretty uncomfortable in that situation, was mostly just trying to bring the other side of things into consideration (not trying to imply that you didn't).

Yeah, that's the thing. I feel for the person with the problems in her life, but I hate being put in positions like that. I'm never sure what I'm meant to say. Also I generally deal with stress and awkwardness and shit by making jokes which are generally inappropriate. Especially for something like that.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:37 am

I get wanting someone to talk to - talking to someone neutral can be a huge help with a lot of stuff, but I'd never do it suddenly, or uninvited like that. Hannah's approach isn't rude in my eyes - especially if she never offered to lend an ear, and nor should she or anyone be expected to. We all have our own crap to deal with, and that's what helplines like Samaritans are for. If this lady wanted a neighbour to turn to, then getting to know the people you live near BEFORE doing something like this is the way forward. Don't just rock up at a stranger's place just because you know they live nearby. That's not on.
(Going by the word of the post I'm assuming you didn't know her very well before this?)

I get that she's going through personal stuff, but it's unfair of this woman to just dump all of her personal problems in your space. However I guess desperate times call for desperate measures? If all of her other options had been exhausted then fair enough, it's far better she turned up at yours instead of taking a more extreme approach. Still, there's no shame in being freaked out by it. I certainly would be, too.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Moving out for the first time properly tomorrow D: The fact it's in Chester is quite daunting to me because aside from Chris, I really know no one whatsoever. Having Chris there will be good but I'm really gonna have to push myself not to use him as a crutch and go out and make my own life too, I don't want to rely on him cos if things went tits up I'd be up there all alone.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I'll be going home for a week or so for some family stuff on Thursday. I'll be happy to meet up for a drink or something. :)

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:25 pm

I don't know when my days off will bet yet but once I find out I can let you know, that'd be nice! :)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Was sitting out in the garden this morning and all of a sudden I hear a loud 'whoosh' that sounded like something really fast, i dunno a bullet going over my head.
Looked around but nothing seemed to have made that noise, so either Aliens or I had some sort of audio hallucination :?

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Nantha wrote:Was sitting out in the garden this morning and all of a sudden I hear a loud 'whoosh' that sounded like something really fast, i dunno a bullet going over my head.
Looked around but nothing seemed to have made that noise, so either Aliens or I had some sort of audio hallucination :?

It'd have been either a small flock of geese or a fairly big bird of prey. Used to get them quite regularly over York.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:45 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Nantha wrote:Was sitting out in the garden this morning and all of a sudden I hear a loud 'whoosh' that sounded like something really fast, i dunno a bullet going over my head.

It'd have been either a small flock of geese or a fairly big bird of prey. Used to get them quite regularly over York.

I did see a sparrowhawk flying overhead a little later, so you might be right, it just sounded far too close and fast for me not to notice

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Applied for a cruise ship photographer job. Now just to play the waiting game and I'm cacking myself.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

cthulhu
Consort of the Beast

Postby cthulhu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:03 pm

My mum moved to some remote Northumberland village a month ago with my younger sister. I stayed in Plymouth and given that i lost contact with most of my friends when they left for uni and my girlfriend has been working loads i'm feeling ferociously alone these days and i don't think i'm coping very well with it at all, it feels like i'm permanently sitting on a level of stress and any small thing just drives it over the edge.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn