What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Metal_saddle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am

where my life is headed, current state of the world does not fill me with hope :?
Last edited by Metal_saddle on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:55 am

MentalInfestation wrote:Going back into education... I dropped out of high school and college, and tomorrow is my induction day for college... I've been out of education for 7 years... :o I'm going back to get Highers (A Levels to you southerners) so I can try to get into uni next year... Yeah... I'm also dyslexic, and I'm worried if I'll be able to cope!

Good luck hun, you'll be fine :)

And thanks for the luck keera_envenomed :)
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:33 am

Metal_saddle wrote:where my life is headed, current state of the world does not fill me with hope :?

I've been doing a lot of self searching myself after I split with my bf and moved back home. I really didn't know what to do with myself, then one of my mates showed me a course he's about to start at Uni this year, and saw some of the bits on there, and went "THAT'S what I want to do!". Whether it works the way I plan...

Things happen in life for a reason I reckon. Don't stress too much about it, something will come your way I'm sure ;)

Littlemissmetal wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:Going back into education... I dropped out of high school and college, and tomorrow is my induction day for college... I've been out of education for 7 years... :o I'm going back to get Highers (A Levels to you southerners) so I can try to get into uni next year... Yeah... I'm also dyslexic, and I'm worried if I'll be able to cope!

Thanks hun, really appreciate it. Just still a bit :eyes: about it all! If I have one more person ask if I think I'll cope... I'll be moving this to the pissed off thread :lol:
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

Not really freaking me out but my girlfriend.

About 6 Years ago when she lived down south she was seeing a guy who was 14 years older than her. Only he got clingy and weird very quickly so she dumped him after a couple months into the relationship, he started turning up outside her work waiting for her to finish, and threatened to kill her. She told me this when we started seeing each other (each telling what weirdoes, idiots wed both seen ect.) anyway a few weeks ago she had an email off him on Facebook (her page is set to private) saying she looked sexy still on her profile pic. Then another one saying your still gorgeous msg me back. Again she ignored it. A couple of weeks later she recieved another msg from somebody she didnt know a girl saying she stumbled upon my gf's name by chance and she looked fun and lives close by would she like to go for a drink, my gf was nice and polite and brief not giving away any info about herself saying thanks i come from not far away, but im to busy to go for a drink ect. My gf then recieved another msg off this "girl" with a mobile number saying please give me a call. It was while she was telling me all this that i smelt a rat and sure enough when we looked at her inbox her ex-boyfriend name on the messages he'd sent had now changed to that of this girl that was e-mailing her and a profile picture of a girl (upon closer inspection you can see glare so i suspect its just been photographed out of a magazine, screen or a photo).

She contacted Facebook and reported a false profile and a description of what i've put here, and also changed her profile to invisable (exept to friends). I Told her to make sure her Myspace profile was set to private, which she did or so she thought!

Yesterday she had a email message on her myspace from "the girl" saying "hi i tried to add you on facebook but i couldnt get hold of you please give me a ring on this mobile number". it was then she saw "i see you no longer live around here thats a shame" myspace has different boxes that you have to tick to keep different pieces of info private and shed thought shed set it all to private (turns out everything was exept her main info e.g. name, town ect.) she reported this to myspace who were no use watsoever they basically set "whos trying to steal whos account?"

so yeah she's really freaked out by this weirdo that looks like he never got over her, threatened to kill her years ago and is trying to trick her into phoning/contacting him.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

Well it's only been 25 days since I flew to the UK, but I have the feeling it's been months now.
What worries me most is the fact that I've spent about 1/3 of my money already, and I have no idea how long it's going to take before I can get to work somewhere.
I can't open a bankaccount, and I'm sure I'll need one if I do find work. Just wish it was easier to move abroad, people here don't seem to give a fuck that they're pretty much making it impossible for me to stay here when it comes to certain papers. Was a major pain in the ass to get registered at the doctors because I don't know how long I'll be staying in this house.
Besides that I have been sitting here for days doing nothing, been to the pub twice but people don't seem interested in a "newbie" so they only talk to my friend, unless he introduces me, which he hardly ever does.
So basically I'm stuck here, with no job, no social life and nothing to do. :eyes:
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:40 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Metal_saddle wrote:where my life is headed, current state of the world does not fill me with hope :?

I've been doing a lot of self searching myself after I split with my bf and moved back home. I really didn't know what to do with myself, then one of my mates showed me a course he's about to start at Uni this year, and saw some of the bits on there, and went "THAT'S what I want to do!". Whether it works the way I plan...

Things happen in life for a reason I reckon. Don't stress too much about it, something will come your way I'm sure ;)

Littlemissmetal wrote:

Thanks hun, really appreciate it. Just still a bit :eyes: about it all! If I have one more person ask if I think I'll cope... I'll be moving this to the pissed off thread :lol:

thanks for that, i tend to do it a lot
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:34 pm

The Warlord wrote:Not really freaking me out but my girlfriend.

About 6 Years ago when she lived down south she was seeing a guy who was 14 years older than her. Only he got clingy and weird very quickly so she dumped him after a couple months into the relationship, he started turning up outside her work waiting for her to finish, and threatened to kill her. She told me this when we started seeing each other (each telling what weirdoes, idiots wed both seen ect.) anyway a few weeks ago she had an email off him on Facebook (her page is set to private) saying she looked sexy still on her profile pic. Then another one saying your still gorgeous msg me back. Again she ignored it. A couple of weeks later she recieved another msg from somebody she didnt know a girl saying she stumbled upon my gf's name by chance and she looked fun and lives close by would she like to go for a drink, my gf was nice and polite and brief not giving away any info about herself saying thanks i come from not far away, but im to busy to go for a drink ect. My gf then recieved another msg off this "girl" with a mobile number saying please give me a call. It was while she was telling me all this that i smelt a rat and sure enough when we looked at her inbox her ex-boyfriend name on the messages he'd sent had now changed to that of this girl that was e-mailing her and a profile picture of a girl (upon closer inspection you can see glare so i suspect its just been photographed out of a magazine, screen or a photo).

She contacted Facebook and reported a false profile and a description of what i've put here, and also changed her profile to invisable (exept to friends). I Told her to make sure her Myspace profile was set to private, which she did or so she thought!

Yesterday she had a email message on her myspace from "the girl" saying "hi i tried to add you on facebook but i couldnt get hold of you please give me a ring on this mobile number". it was then she saw "i see you no longer live around here thats a shame" myspace has different boxes that you have to tick to keep different pieces of info private and shed thought shed set it all to private (turns out everything was exept her main info e.g. name, town ect.) she reported this to myspace who were no use watsoever they basically set "whos trying to steal whos account?"

so yeah she's really freaked out by this weirdo that looks like he never got over her, threatened to kill her years ago and is trying to trick her into phoning/contacting him.

This may sound a little extreme but is she keeping a record of all the times he tries to contact her? That's what I was advised to do with my ex who wouldn't bugger off for nearly 3 years after I left him - he used regularly make the trip from Bristol to Sheffield on the off-chance of seeing me (obviously really likely, in a city of half a million people :rolleyes:)

Anyway, a friend of my dads is a police officer and he advised me to keep a record of every time he contacted me over the internet or by phone (until I changed my number) - I eventually sent an email with a list of about six months' worth of contact on it saying "This list will land on the mat of the South Yorkshire police station if you don't go away."

Apart from the occasional attempt at adding me on Facebook (no messages though) he appears to have given up.

mrskirstenindustries
Lowly Peon

Postby mrskirstenindustries » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 pm

My job. I love it but the people who work there make me feel awful sometimes. And the fact that I'm not qualified technically because I've not done my NVQ and it doesnt look like I'll be doing it any time soon.
Living off Sick Pay possibly soon as I may have to have an op on my back =(
Just little worries =(
RockSoc Member since BOA 2007

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Metal_saddle wrote:
thanks for that, i tend to do it a lot

I have my moments. The last few months for me have been horrible, but like I say, I'm convinced things happen for a reason. You just have to keep your chin up, I'm sure things will start looking up soon... Like Katatonia playing with Paradise Lost in October/November in the UK :yes:

And I know I'm a total random on a message board, but if you ever need someone to talk to or to have a rant at, I'm a good listener :)
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

[quote="Littlemissmetal
This may sound a little extreme but is she keeping a record of all the times he tries to contact her? That's what I was advised to do with my ex who wouldn't bugger off for nearly 3 years after I left him - he used regularly make the trip from Bristol to Sheffield on the off-chance of seeing me (obviously really likely, in a city of half a million people :rolleyes:)

Anyway, a friend of my dads is a police officer and he advised me to keep a record of every time he contacted me over the internet or by phone (until I changed my number) - I eventually sent an email with a list of about six months' worth of contact on it saying "This list will land on the mat of the South Yorkshire police station if you don't go away."

Apart from the occasional attempt at adding me on Facebook (no messages though) he appears to have given up.[/quote]

thanks little miss metal, she's kept all the emails from facebook but shes deleted her myspace account.

:o Bristol thats where this guys from he's not called Ed is he? :lol:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Fred-Ackitt
Lowly Peon

Postby Fred-Ackitt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 am

Smee wrote:Well it's only been 25 days since I flew to the UK, but I have the feeling it's been months now.
What worries me most is the fact that I've spent about 1/3 of my money already, and I have no idea how long it's going to take before I can get to work somewhere.
I can't open a bankaccount, and I'm sure I'll need one if I do find work. Just wish it was easier to move abroad, people here don't seem to give a fuck that they're pretty much making it impossible for me to stay here when it comes to certain papers. Was a major pain in the ass to get registered at the doctors because I don't know how long I'll be staying in this house.
Besides that I have been sitting here for days doing nothing, been to the pub twice but people don't seem interested in a "newbie" so they only talk to my friend, unless he introduces me, which he hardly ever does.
So basically I'm stuck here, with no job, no social life and nothing to do. :eyes:

Wow that really sucks, I’ve been looking for work for a long while now and its not been easy to find anything. Have you tried to open a Post Office Account rather than a Bank Account, possibly a bit easier to open, worth looking into.

I know how you feel about doing nothing, ive just moved about an hour away from where I lived for most of my life and don’t really know anyone here at all, and having not worked for a while I find each day more tedious than the last, my only release is my Guitar and mates (who I see seldom now), been playing a lot since I got back from BOA. :D

Where in the UK are you living? You are welcome to come out with me an my mates anytime, :D . Same for everyone 8)

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

The Warlord wrote:

thanks little miss metal, she's kept all the emails from facebook but shes deleted her myspace account.

:o Bristol thats where this guys from he's not called Ed is he? :lol:

No probs! :yes: I'd hate to think of anyone else putting up with that kind of crap.

And no, he was called Magna. Yes, that was his real name :eyes:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Ageing freaks me out. Looking at old people thinking they were once young then looking at young people and thinking they are going to be old. Past generations, future generations; the cycle of life forever spinning but going nowhere. Life is like a slow-moving horror film where everyone over the age of 25 is gradually deteriorating but they carry on with their trivial concerns as if nothing much is wrong. What a design-flaw. Unless it’s all just some kind of dream . . .
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 pm

I was pondering that too.

But in less of philosophical sense, and more in a walking down the street "Shit, will that womans hot daughter look as horrible as her when she's older" kind of way.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Jobdone wrote:I was pondering that too.

But in less of philosophical sense, and more in a walking down the street "Shit, will that womans hot daughter look as horrible as her when she's older" kind of way.

You've got the upshot of it!
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH