What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
The Binkster
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: In A World Of Magnets And Miracles/The Hampshire Hills Near Winchester-Town
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby The Binkster » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:15 pm

metalsam wrote:
Daniellee wrote:Need to decide what uni I want to go to, god dam! So torn between two unis.. :|


Choose the one that ranks higher for your course, or toss a coin.


Tossing a coin is an excellent idea. As soon as it's in the air you instantly know which way you want it to land.

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:16 pm

The Binkster wrote:
metalsam wrote:
Daniellee wrote:Need to decide what uni I want to go to, god dam! So torn between two unis.. :|


Choose the one that ranks higher for your course, or toss a coin.


Tossing a coin is an excellent idea. As soon as it's in the air you instantly know which way you want it to land.

Choose the one with the nicest accomodation. Because either way you will be enslaved by work if youre a good student and if not you will be spending a lot of time sleeping in it :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Fjar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Really creepy Rachel Riley fansite I've just stumbled across (yes, I'm watching fucking countdown again). Wonder what she thinks of it, if she's seen it..
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Thinking about how cheap things are.
For instance, one of these (as in a single baguette, not the pack):
Image
Costs 50p, so will cost significantly less than that to actually produce.

I think it's pretty crazy how they've managed to do that.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jobdone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 pm

I've done literally NOTHING productive today.

I woke up, filled up my new mp3, and played pokemon. That's it. And it's nearly 5.
Image

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Jobdone wrote:I've done literally NOTHING productive today.

I woke up, filled up my new mp3, and played pokemon. That's it. And it's nearly 5.


Same here!
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
RB2610
Denim Demon
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: London

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby RB2610 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Jobdone wrote:I've done literally NOTHING productive today.

I woke up, filled up my new mp3, and played pokemon. That's it. And it's nearly 5.


Welcome to my life :ugh:

I do that pretty much every day, so far this holiday I've done about as much work as a 'normal' person would do in a day or less, the rest of the time I've been chatting on MSN, pissing around on IRC or the forum, listening to music or playing copious amounts of Oblivion.
Oh, and I walked the dog once or twice.
Image
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

User avatar
gumpy87
Denim Demon
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Merthyr tydfil south wales

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby gumpy87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Finnvitka wrote:
Jobdone wrote:I've done literally NOTHING productive today.

I woke up, filled up my new mp3, and played pokemon. That's it. And it's nearly 5.


Same here!

i cant see how thats not productive
By this axe I rule

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Well I literally don't have anything more productive to do, no coursework or revision or anything, and I'm only working part time at the moment.

So lots of Pokemon and Super Mario it is.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1996
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:28 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Thinking about how cheap things are.
For instance, one of these (as in a single baguette, not the pack):
Image
Costs 50p, so will cost significantly less than that to actually produce.

I think it's pretty crazy how they've managed to do that.


I started thinking that at work the other day. Apparently the 9p 'Supernoodles' and 12p curry sauce are actually nice, but I just can't bring myself to buy them after wondering how the hell they managed it...
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

User avatar
Metallinen
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Metallinen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Strapping Young Kate wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Thinking about how cheap things are.
For instance, one of these (as in a single baguette, not the pack):
Image
Costs 50p, so will cost significantly less than that to actually produce.

I think it's pretty crazy how they've managed to do that.


I started thinking that at work the other day. Apparently the 9p 'Supernoodles' and 12p curry sauce are actually nice, but I just can't bring myself to buy them after wondering how the hell they managed it...


Basic items at supermarkets are usually sold on or below the price it costs to produce them. They're known as loss leaders.

Basically, it gets people through the door if they're after a cheap loaf of bread, and they'll end up buying other, more expensive items. Especially if they're on a weekly shop.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jobdone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Metallinen wrote:
Strapping Young Kate wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Thinking about how cheap things are.
For instance, one of these (as in a single baguette, not the pack):
Image
Costs 50p, so will cost significantly less than that to actually produce.

I think it's pretty crazy how they've managed to do that.


I started thinking that at work the other day. Apparently the 9p 'Supernoodles' and 12p curry sauce are actually nice, but I just can't bring myself to buy them after wondering how the hell they managed it...


Basic items at supermarkets are usually sold on or below the price it costs to produce them. They're known as loss leaders.

Basically, it gets people through the door if they're after a cheap loaf of bread, and they'll end up buying other, more expensive items. Especially if they're on a weekly shop.


Jokes on them, I just buy the noodles.
Image

User avatar
Calibur
Denim Demon
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Calibur » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Jokes on them, I just buy the noodles.


Jokes on us, they're still a multi-billion pound company. :lol:

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jobdone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Calibur wrote:
Jobdone wrote:
Jokes on them, I just buy the noodles.


Jokes on us, they're still a multi-billion pound company. :lol:


:cry:
Image

User avatar
wintermourn
Denim Demon
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am
Location: Coleraine - Northern Ireland

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby wintermourn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:26 am

grandads funeral tomorrow

and i have to carry the coffin with my brother and two uncles :ugh:
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.