What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 pm

.
Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 am

Cookie_ wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:my mum finished work at 4 and isnt home yet

Snow?

yeah, she got a lift home eventually. didnt phone though :rolleyes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Telephone interview in half an hour. I hate talking on the phone and I hate interviews. This isn't good!
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
monkeynutz
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: Reading

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby monkeynutz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:36 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Telephone interview in half an hour. I hate talking on the phone and I hate interviews. This isn't good!

PROTIP: Answer all questions with the phrase "Hang on a sec... Google is a bit slow today.", especially when they ask you your name.

Seriously though, good luck :)

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 10028
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Hamdir wrote:someone mentioned that they had this phobia called Trypophobia. Never heard of it in my life and im pretty sure I dont have it, but I googled it and everything mentioned made me feel quite nauseous and uneasy.... so I wonder if I do have it!

This is me all over. Lotus boob wasnt too bad but lotus finger did shit me up somewhat. I often swear at/scream and generally run away from the mushrooms if I accidentally go down that aisle in the supermarket because of the indentations/texture on the inside. Even avoid certain supermarkets if i dont know where they are :eyes: Not so much photos, but in person I cannot fucking stand anything with holes or honeycomb sort of insides. Used to have nightmares as a kid about my pillow seperating into wierd gooey cavities. Also when people leave a bar of soap in the bathroom until it goes all segmented and liney :hurl:
In other words, youre not the only one :ugh:

EDIT: Now i cant stop fucking itching.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1100
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:56 pm
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire (home) manchester (uni)

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby aaron_stacey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 pm

it just keeps snowing and snowing :o manchester is covered where i live
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Fjar » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 pm

I find weird phobias and sensations etc. really interesting, and this one is awesome. I'm 50% "Whooooaaa you guys are freaky" and 50% "I wonder why it freaks so many people out".

Is it something to do with the feeling of running your finger over the texture? I have the same thing with wool and broken china - imagining the sensation of biting it makes my teeth hurt, but it compulsively makes me want to do it in order to make the feeling go away. :lol:

Ahhh fuck it's happening now, and my knitting's right next to me. :ugh: :ugh:
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:16 pm

monkeynutz wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Telephone interview in half an hour. I hate talking on the phone and I hate interviews. This isn't good!

PROTIP: Answer all questions with the phrase "Hang on a sec... Google is a bit slow today.", especially when they ask you your name.

Seriously though, good luck :)



Thanks. My nerves aren't helped by the fact that they should have phoned 15 minutes ago. :x
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 10028
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Touching anything as mentioned I would fucking die.
Ive been in the shower and cant get rid of the itches. BLERRGH.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
RB2610
Denim Demon
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: London

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby RB2610 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm

SOMETHING KEEPS BEEPING ON MY COMPUTER, I'VE MUTED EVERYTHING AND IT STILL HAPPENS D: D: D:

ARGGGHHH!
Image
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:53 pm

tranmerefan wrote:
monkeynutz wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Telephone interview in half an hour. I hate talking on the phone and I hate interviews. This isn't good!

PROTIP: Answer all questions with the phrase "Hang on a sec... Google is a bit slow today.", especially when they ask you your name.

Seriously though, good luck :)



Thanks. My nerves aren't helped by the fact that they should have phoned 15 minutes ago. :x



53 minutes wait now. :x I've even made a cup of tea to sort of hurry them. Would presume they're either going to ring before I've drunk it or they're not going to ring at all.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
Nantha
Denim Demon
Posts: 9269
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Kylan_Paassa wrote:Touching anything as mentioned I would fucking die.
Ive been in the shower and cant get rid of the itches. BLERRGH.

Im okay with mushrooms and cheese and stuff, its mainly just bodily versions I cant stand.
I do have a totally irrational fear of mould and fungi though, but its not to do with the texture.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Hamdir wrote:
Kylan_Paassa wrote:Touching anything as mentioned I would fucking die.
Ive been in the shower and cant get rid of the itches. BLERRGH.

Im okay with mushrooms and cheese and stuff, its mainly just bodily versions I cant stand.
I do have a totally irrational fear of mould and fungi though, but its not to do with the texture.

I have a strange weirdness about wild mushrooms, probably because I just don't know enough about them apart from the fact that a few are fatal.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon
Posts: 4251
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Dan Jenkins » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm

.
Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Putrid Sex Object. :ugh:
Image