What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Big D
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Big D » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 am

My radiator is hissing at me. is it supposed to do that?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 am

Big D wrote:My radiator is hissing at me. is it supposed to do that?

It's probably just being territorial.

You need to show it who's boss in this relationship.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Re accent debate. My accent used to be fairly middle class well spoken like but has a habit of lapsing into Bristolian, especially when I've had a pint or few. I never really noticed the Bristolian-ness of it though until I moved up north, where I constantly have people imitating me when I say words like 'cider' and 'Friday' :lol: and now since spending so much time amongst northerners, sometimes the odd word I say will come out sounding very northern!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Freyja wrote:Re accent debate. My accent used to be fairly middle class well spoken like but has a habit of lapsing into Bristolian, especially when I've had a pint or few. I never really noticed the Bristolian-ness of it though until I moved up north, where I constantly have people imitating me when I say words like 'cider' and 'Friday' :lol: and now since spending so much time amongst northerners, sometimes the odd word I say will come out sounding very northern!

Thats like me, I have a fairly southern/Hampshire sort of accent. But when Ive had a few, my Northern Irish accent comes back haha

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
Freyja wrote:Re accent debate. My accent used to be fairly middle class well spoken like but has a habit of lapsing into Bristolian, especially when I've had a pint or few. I never really noticed the Bristolian-ness of it though until I moved up north, where I constantly have people imitating me when I say words like 'cider' and 'Friday' :lol: and now since spending so much time amongst northerners, sometimes the odd word I say will come out sounding very northern!

Thats like me, I have a fairly southern/Hampshire sort of accent. But when Ive had a few, my Northern Irish accent comes back haha

Y'see, I'm from up the road in Farnborough and I really can't pinpoint it as 'regional'. I couldn't pick out a distinctly Hampshire accent. It's just 'southern' to me, with people's accents falling on a continuum between RP and Thames Estuary.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:44 pm

I've picked up a bit of a Brummie accent according to my Nottingham friends. I don't notice it, but then I do have WAS so it's hardly unexpected.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Finnvitka wrote:I've picked up a bit of a Brummie accent according to my Nottingham friends. I don't notice it, but then I do have WAS so it's hardly unexpected.

Congratulations, you're now 50% less attractive!

(That's how the Brummie accent works)

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Finnvitka wrote:I've picked up a bit of a Brummie accent according to my Nottingham friends. I don't notice it, but then I do have WAS so it's hardly unexpected.

I wiki'd WAS on the assumption that it's some kind of acronym.

I assume you're not blaming your accent on Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, and bloody diarrhea

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Wandering Accent Syndrome! I can spend literally half a day somewhere and develop the accent.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Wandering Accent Syndrome! I can spend literally half a day somewhere and develop the accent.

I had that, quite badly too, until about a year or two after my moved from home. My accent's quite watered down now, nowhere near as broad Scots as I used to be, but I don't fully adopt accents like I used to.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:42 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:Wandering Accent Syndrome! I can spend literally half a day somewhere and develop the accent.

I had that, quite badly too, until about a year or two after my moved from home. My accent's quite watered down now, nowhere near as broad Scots as I used to be, but I don't fully adopt accents like I used to.

I asked my family (mainly my gran and mum) if they thought you sounded Scottish. My gran said "Good grief, yes!" :lol: so it's not watered down too much!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm

It's still substantially less Scottish than when I speak to Bathy on the phone or go up north, though :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

The heart rate monitor on the exercise bike said my heart rate was 199 at one point today :|

I then checked manually against the machine later when i'd calmed down a bit and they were about the same, meaning the machine wasn't out or anything.

Considering my maximum heart rate is 203 that's slightly worrying
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:22 pm

A bloke on another forum casually mentioned that he'd got a blister on his privates through excessive wanking.

And posted a pic.

Why, oh why did I open the spoiler? Why?

Looks painful as fuck.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 pm

RE: the accents

When I was at Hannah's I took the piss out the Gloucester accent so much I found my self saying things in the accent sometimes, which of course amused me greatly :P