What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Leleanor
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Leleanor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:52 am

going to wacken today and travelling on my own. Coaches I'm alright with (just about) but going through the airport scares the shit outta me!!! Never done it alone before...
wish me luck at not getting lost or arrested at security :yes:
xxx

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 am

Epic_Kirsty wrote:I've always been like "yeah right ¬_¬" when people say they are freaked out by midgets...but something overcame me tonight and I decided to google "Hot Midgets".

I feel a bit freaked out. Their ARMS freak me out. They remind me of a babies arms and I actually had a shiver up my back earlier.

xx Kirsty

MotorAmarth wrote:I've got an online friend who is a midget
He's a cool enough guy but it's pretty scary when he comes on to you :eyes:

I fucking love midgets and I wouldn't be freaked out if a lady midget came onto me...especially if she looked like a young Debbie Lee Carrington.

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am

Leleanor wrote:going to wacken today and travelling on my own. Coaches I'm alright with (just about) but going through the airport scares the shit outta me!!! Never done it alone before...
wish me luck at not getting lost or arrested at security :yes:
xxx

If I can do it in Dubai, you'll be fine :lol:
Have a good time!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

WFMOT?

The large, shavenheaded man standing on a streetcorner monologuing loudly. Not sure what he was on about but the word "Fuck" and variants thereon featured heavily. I accidentally caught his eye and he growled "I'm like fucking King Kong!" I don't think I want to know how, exactly.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 am

The fact I havnt got any way of getting back from Sonisphere =/

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am

Going to sign out at the Council tomorrow. I don't know why it freaks me out, but I guess it's the idea of being a no-one in this country from the moment I leave the building.
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:46 am

Hamdir wrote:yeah, I can't either. They scare me, I think because they lack understanding.... but more or less the same motor skills as a normal person. Once a guy with downs syndrome made a grab at me in the street :( I've like been wary ever since

Definitely. But also I think what a burden they must be, or anyone like that who needs more than they'll ever be able to give back i.e. the ones that have no hope of being in any way self-sufficient.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Sensitive topic here. But I have a strong view about human rights and specism.
Animals arn't given human rights because they cant think for themselves. So why should humans who lack the cognitive ability to funtion as a normal person should (I'm talking about really bad cases, not just people with autism or whatever) be given full human rights? We carry out chemical testing on animals who can't defend themselves, but not on our own (more suitable) species?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Hamdir wrote:Sensitive topic here. But I have a strong view about human rights and specism.
Animals arn't given human rights because they cant think for themselves. So why should humans who lack the cognitive ability to funtion as a normal person should (I'm talking about really bad cases, not just people with autism or whatever) be given full human rights? We carry out chemical testing on animals who can't defend themselves, but not on our own (more suitable) species?

It certainly is a sensitive topic. It depends if the 'serious cases' make suitable specimens, really. One reason I think animals are used is because people generally don't empathise with them as much so aren't put off quite so much by their outward displays of pain. That's why I can't imagine experimentation using humans happening any time soon, as far as non-consensual vivisection is concerned anyway. As far as my moral dispositions go, it'd be better in my view to abort the foetus than the cost of looking after someone who needs constant care, but then there's the issue of what the mother thinks. I guess there's nothing you can do if they think life is intrinsically valuable and they wanna have the kid anyway.

It's a shame, I like to think I'm a nice guy but I have some controversial opinions about stuff like that. There's only so many places you can express stuff like that without someone going "OMG YOU'RE SO EVIL I HOPE YOU GET CANCER!!"

Here's some late night reading if you ever get bored
http://www.tard-blog.com/

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah, I have 'controversial' opinions myself. But I don't see anything wrong in speaking out about them. The people who usually fly off the handle are close minded idiots, its refreshing to talk sanely about such sensitive issues with people :)

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Hamdir wrote:Sensitive topic here. But I have a strong view about human rights and specism.

That view is a bit pointless because it literally could never happen. Ever. Not in a civilized society that doesn't have any abhorrent ideologies behind it.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 pm

You said it yourself, it's because they're our own species. Its the same reason why people find canabalism abhorant.

Plus, who really gives a shit about animal rights. I mean really. Not many people and so it'll never happen.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 pm

To be completely honest, If someone gave me a bit of meat and said it was human, i'd eat it.
Not if it was someone murdered like, but if it was an amputee's leg or something... yeah. Always wanted to try it.

candlemoth
Consort of the Beast

Postby candlemoth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 am

i may actually have swine flu :x
if i get the fever then i certainly do.
*Is currently listening to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street... constantly for five years*

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 am

herzeleid wrote:

That view is a bit pointless because it literally could never happen. Ever. Not in a civilized society that doesn't have any abhorrent ideologies behind it.

Depends what phase you mean really.
For phase 0 testing It would cost an awful amount of money and there is simply not enough of them. The great thing about rodents is that they take up very little room, they are very easy to keep happy whilst not testing (food, drink etc) and we can look at strains etc. Also without meaning to upset anyone, it also takes less time to investigate with autopsys after.

I think you'll find quite a few people with diseases end up participating in clinical trials during the later phases, especially if it's related to their disease, for example someone with parkinsons disease can be on the clinical study of a drug that limits side effects of the existing Parkinsons drug. (Although I know that's not exactly what you meant in your original post).
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...