What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

What's freaking you out?

Postby Applecore » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 pm

We've got the "What's made you lol/happy/pissed off today" threads, and they're proving popular. However I can't seem to find anywhere to talk about general shit that's on your mind, unless it's relationship-based.
So, what's freaking you out?
Just to give an idea of what I mean, here's mine:

I've just watched the show on BBC Three about homeless people, and it's spawned a new phobia of ending up homeless. I know I'm only 20, but at the moment I'm at college, halfway through a BTEC ND in Media Production (I've not actually passed the first year yet, despite it being a month into the summer hols) and it's looking extremely unlikely that I'll go on to University.
Ideally, I'd like to be working in the media industry - specifically film - but I know that it's damn near impossible to get there without a University degree. So what the fuck should I do?
My course isn't looking like it's going to help all that much, either. I want to focus on video-based work, as that's the department I want to work in, however the past year has been focussed on Print. I have absolutely NO interest in working for a magazine or newspaper whatsoever.

On the plus side, the following show, "Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum" has cheered me up. Sure, I live at home, my mum does all my washing, ironing, cooking, etc. But I know I'm not as fucking hopeless as these kids.
I should really start changing the channel after American Dad...
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:21 pm

I'm somewhat wasting these 'Best Days of my Life (tm)', I should be writing a book or starting a band or something similarly grand and artistic. I should've stuck with those lessons...

Sherry
Paster of Muppets

Postby Sherry » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Thinking about the cosmos freaks me out :eyes: :lol:

Leleanor
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Leleanor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 am

I just ate a conjoined grape... it was a double murder...
tasted nice though :D
xxx

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:05 am

Being unemployed after tomorrow. The thought of not being able to find more work and having to spend my precious savings purely on living is enough to freak me out. I wish the whole leaving work thing was over already, I don't exactly have any work to do and I'm up on my flexi so I'm having to have long lunches and lie ins on a morning.. I am literally wasting my time.

Arran
Consort of the Beast

Postby Arran » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 am

A level results day!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 pm

1.The whole "Ibuprofen could kill" you discussion a few threads over. I have to take them daily...

2. I have an important interview coming up and I'm not sure I can get through it.

3. I keep waking up in the middle of the night convinced that somebody has just challenged me to a fight.

The Binkster
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Location: In A World Of Magnets And Miracles/The Hampshire Hills Near Winchester-Town

Postby The Binkster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Big D wrote:1.The whole "Ibuprofen could kill" you discussion a few threads over. I have to take them daily...

Just to reassure, Ibuprofen can kill you but also so can water. So long as you follow the recommended dosage patterns it will do you no harm. Big pharma may be evil but it's not THAT evil.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm

My inability to find a job...its getting depressing
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Oceansoul

Postby Oceansoul » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:My inability to find a job...its getting depressing

This :(
JOIN THE BLOODSTOCK CHATROOM!! --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14484

**Just a small town girl, Living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere**

SpellTrim

Postby SpellTrim » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Oceansoul wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:My inability to find a job...its getting depressing

This :(

+1

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Lick Mars wrote:Being unemployed after tomorrow. The thought of not being able to find more work and having to spend my precious savings purely on living is enough to freak me out. I wish the whole leaving work thing was over already, I don't exactly have any work to do and I'm up on my flexi so I'm having to have long lunches and lie ins on a morning.. I am literally wasting my time.

That's my current situation and it's fucking shit. I should never have told the benefits people about my savings account. It seems that honesty gets you nowhere.

What's freaking me out is my unemployment and that I might not be able to even get a job till after Bloodstock and with the cock up with my Jobseeker's Allowance I'll be living off bugger all until its sorted. Grr.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
That's my current situation and it's fucking shit. I should never have told the benefits people about my savings account. It seems that honesty gets you nowhere.

What's freaking me out is my unemployment and that I might not be able to even get a job till after Bloodstock and with the cock up with my Jobseeker's Allowance I'll be living off bugger all until its sorted. Grr.

ahh, bad move! Luckily I didn't let slip I had some savings when I was on jobseekers. It wasn't very much, but I'd been saving my wages whilst studying for my final year of uni purely so I could go away in the summer, so I wasn't gonna give that up! Not like I claimed during those weeks anyway (in fact I found a job just before it luckily).

Just try be as pro active as poss with the job hunting, you never know, you might get lucky! I'm not signing on just yet, too much hassle and questioning. Though I should, its what I've been paying tax for afterall.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:51 pm

looking for a new phone without having a contact thrown in frount of me every 5 minutes
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

padshiy_angel
Lowly Peon

Postby padshiy_angel » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Many things are freaking me out right now.

The fact that I may not go to uni because of my grades (I hate the way they make you wait the whole summer to find them out).
The fact that there's no damn jobs in the local area at all.
The fact that I don't understand myself any more...

And many others, really.