What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby V-Man » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm

The king of breakfasts is the remainder of "Dragon Express's" Set meat for 3. Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sweet Chilli Beef, Chicken with Mushroom, BBQ Ribs and of course a helping of prawn crackers and egg fried rizzle. Sometimes theres even enough left over for lunch as well.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

thehairyone wrote:
Fibbly wrote:To be fair, bacon and cream cheese bagels are actually breakfast monarchy.

A detested, related-by-marriage-then-divorced form of breakfast monarchy, yes. The Fergie of breakfast.

Yes but they are the best type of monarchy. They are more likely to make amusing gaffs.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

PoonLagoonGuy23
Consort of the Beast

Postby PoonLagoonGuy23 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Law exams. Fun fun fun

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12225163
the thought that each side of our brain has its own consciousness is a bit freaky. really fascinating though, definitely going to watch that programme on the brain!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 am

im not sure i believe that. in fact im quite sure i dont. the only reason a persons body would do something involuntarily is nerve damage, the idea of your brain having 2 consciousnesses fairly ridiculous, although i suppose its possible, im sure you would be aware of it.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 am

CrapyMike wrote:im not sure i believe that. in fact im quite sure i dont. the only reason a persons body would do something involuntarily is nerve damage, the idea of your brain having 2 consciousnesses fairly ridiculous, although i suppose its possible, im sure you would be aware of it.

Sorry, what're your qualifications?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 am

Womble wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:im not sure i believe that. in fact im quite sure i dont. the only reason a persons body would do something involuntarily is nerve damage, the idea of your brain having 2 consciousnesses fairly ridiculous, although i suppose its possible, im sure you would be aware of it.

Seriously Ben, are you really going to take the research of a Nobel Prize winning scientist over Mike?
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

keera_envenomed wrote:
Womble wrote:

Seriously Ben, are you really going to take the research of a Nobel Prize winning scientist over Mike?

Good point Hannah - I withdraw my question. Mike is clearly more qualified.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:06 am

since when have scientists always been right? :rolleyes: you're not stupid enough to believe everything scientist say. just because i dont have the same qualifications as a scientist doesnt mean i know nothing about the human brain, im certain i know much more than you would like to assume i do, and im certain the only plausible explanation is nerve damage and in a few years someone will disprove his theory. humans have one conciousness. if there was another, unless you happen to be schizophrenic, you would experience blackouts and periods of time where you weren't in control. the theory that we only use a small part of our brain was disproved a while ago now, so even if there's another conciousness in our brains, it couldnt control our bodies. its bullshit. :yes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:24 am

Mike is officially the new Dan.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:56 am

The brain is entirely nerve tissue. Just sayin'

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 am

CrapyMike wrote:since when have scientists always been right? :rolleyes: you're not stupid enough to believe everything scientist say. just because i dont have the same qualifications as a scientist doesnt mean i know nothing about the human brain, im certain i know much more than you would like to assume i do, and im certain the only plausible explanation is nerve damage and in a few years someone will disprove his theory. humans have one conciousness. if there was another, unless you happen to be schizophrenic, you would experience blackouts and periods of time where you weren't in control. the theory that we only use a small part of our brain was disproved a while ago now, so even if there's another conciousness in our brains, it couldnt control our bodies. its bullshit. :yes:

How do magnets work again?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Quite often the only thing this forum can bring me to say is a completely nonconstructive:

YOU GAIZZ :rofl:
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:19 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:Mike is officially the new Dan.

Now he shall forever be known as MikeRoush

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 pm

i should have known better than to expect any of you to actually know anything about the subject :lol:
the simple explanation that i would use for a child is that the two sides of her brain cant communicate properly, so the right side of her brain is getting the wrong signals and making the left side of her body do things she doesnt want to do. :yes: