What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Oh, yeah it was Tuesday when that was posted. Yeah so, have a goodun and the like.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:15 am

Wait, with everyone at bloodstock does that mean we can just post tits everywhere?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 am

You have my co-operation.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 am

I do not want to return to pictures of Joe and Turbo, thank you.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 am

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 am

Noodle wrote:I do not want to return to pictures of Joe and Turbo, thank you.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Freaked me out yesterday - started nearly passing out after only three drinks. Then I developed the worst headache I've ever experience in my life coupled with what felt like pretty severe heart palpitations.

Think the first pint I had from the VIP bar was off, but it was pretty scary. I started wondering if I'd actually wake up or not if I went to sleep. :|
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:32 pm

When I went to Australia, I sold my car to a friend of the family. They said they'd deal with the paperwork, and so I left it. I had a bit of mail sent to me from my old flatmate after I'd been in Oz for a little while and in there was a letter from the DVLA saying someone had registered my car in their name, and if I didn't respond then they'd just change the details over to the new driver.

Today, my old flatmate gave me a pile of mail that had arrived since then (he hadn't forwarded any more, nor had he told me I'd got letters from the DVLA turn up), in there are letters from the DVLA saying that my failure to tell them I'd sold the car has incurred a charge. Another saying I'd failed to pay the charge and asking me to explain why in court, and a third saying I need to pay them £310 by the 10th of July.
Obviously I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning to explain myself, but one of the "pay by 10th of July or else the following" options was imprisonment/being arrested. Over a matter like this, I think that's a bit extreme, but fucking hell I'm worried now.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Fjar wrote:Freaked me out yesterday - started nearly passing out after only three drinks. Then I developed the worst headache I've ever experience in my life coupled with what felt like pretty severe heart palpitations.

Think the first pint I had from the VIP bar was off, but it was pretty scary. I started wondering if I'd actually wake up or not if I went to sleep. :|

Sounds like you've been spiked? :ugh:
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:
Fjar wrote:Freaked me out yesterday - started nearly passing out after only three drinks. Then I developed the worst headache I've ever experience in my life coupled with what felt like pretty severe heart palpitations.

Hmm, I had each drink on me the whole time, and bought them all myself, not sure how or why anyone would have spiked it. Good point though, the heart thing sounds drug-related, no idea how anything would have got into me without me knowing though. :?
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

Fjar wrote:
Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:

Hmm, I had each drink on me the whole time, and bought them all myself, not sure how or why anyone would have spiked it. Good point though, the heart thing sounds drug-related, no idea how anything would have got into me without me knowing though. :?

It could have just been an odd sensitivity. That's kind of what I was experiencing previously and why I stopped drinking for a while. Just keep an eye on it :3 It could have just been random. Hopefully so!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 pm

As I posted in the other thread, I had similar from a pint in the Sophie bar. I was fine in the morning and by the time I was going to watch Saxon I was feeling ill, kept going dizzy with bad indigestion pains and then vomited what was mostly liquid. I'd only had about five pints at that point which is hardly anything for me.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

darknightofthesoul
Definitely Not Nu

Postby darknightofthesoul » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

I had jagermeister mixed with lemonade from the Red Bull tent and it made me sick. First because it was unbearable sweet, and then because it made me bloat like a balloon!

darknightofthesoul
Definitely Not Nu

Postby darknightofthesoul » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Applecore wrote:When I went to Australia, I sold my car to a friend of the family. They said they'd deal with the paperwork, and so I left it. I had a bit of mail sent to me from my old flatmate after I'd been in Oz for a little while and in there was a letter from the DVLA saying someone had registered my car in their name, and if I didn't respond then they'd just change the details over to the new driver.

Today, my old flatmate gave me a pile of mail that had arrived since then (he hadn't forwarded any more, nor had he told me I'd got letters from the DVLA turn up), in there are letters from the DVLA saying that my failure to tell them I'd sold the car has incurred a charge. Another saying I'd failed to pay the charge and asking me to explain why in court, and a third saying I need to pay them £310 by the 10th of July.
Obviously I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning to explain myself, but one of the "pay by 10th of July or else the following" options was imprisonment/being arrested. Over a matter like this, I think that's a bit extreme, but fucking hell I'm worried now.

Oh my, hope things turn out alright.

Yeah, they tend to send these letters with threatening tones, all gov departments etc.

I still remember the first time I got a TV license letter, it made me feel like a criminal!

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Applecore wrote:When I went to Australia, I sold my car to a friend of the family. They said they'd deal with the paperwork, and so I left it. I had a bit of mail sent to me from my old flatmate after I'd been in Oz for a little while and in there was a letter from the DVLA saying someone had registered my car in their name, and if I didn't respond then they'd just change the details over to the new driver.

My supervisor had this exact issue. There's plenty more on car forums but they won't do fuck all about chasing you up on that money. It's just a scaremongering attempt to get some cash out of you that they can't enforce. Usually when it comes to a court date you'll turn up to be told that they've that very morning decided to drop all charges.