Page 773 of 782

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:31 pm
by peypea
I did actually. Well, a very small hangover. But my pharmacist said that shouldn't affect it that much D: gonna recheck when I'm back in store on Friday and see!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 pm
by Danroush
peypea wrote:I did actually. Well, a very small hangover. But my pharmacist said that shouldn't affect it that much D: gonna recheck when I'm back in store on Friday and see!


A couple of years ago I was exactly 90/60, the borderline for low blood pressure. A few months later, with no major diet or exercise change, I went the morning after eating an entire dominos large pizza myself and it shot up to something around 115/75 or so. Same effect one time when I'd been drinking the night before getting it measured, so it's probably nowt to worry about :yes:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:29 pm
by Turbo
There is this blonde girl who works behind the bar at my local. Regardless of whether I have finished my pint I get asked if I want another. She almost seems to bend over backwards to serve me. She must absolutely dispise me that she wants to get rid of me asap. But I get served quickly so yoloswag.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:54 pm
by Jobdone
Systems/project manager (Manager by title rather than role) recently left her job and our team, and manager is talking to the team individually about who we should bring in for it.

She said she'd think I'd be a great fit and should definitely apply when the job comes up. Apparently I've got the right kind of thought processes, the startings of good project management skills, and I'm great at talking to people.

Fuck knows what she's on about with the last one considering I'm awkward as fuck 90% of the time, but it's got me a bit rattled. Obviously I should aim for higher than my current "LOOK AT THIS GRAAAAAAPH" position, but I'm also terrified of any kind of responsibility, but she was well on me about how great a fit she thought I'd be.

Fuck man, why can they just pay me for more for being a data monkey where it's chill.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:12 pm
by keera_envenomed
Jobdone wrote:Systems/project manager (Manager by title rather than role) recently left her job and our team, and manager is talking to the team individually about who we should bring in for it.

She said she'd think I'd be a great fit and should definitely apply when the job comes up. Apparently I've got logical thinking, the startings of good project management skills, and I'm great at talking to people.

Fuck knows what she's on about with the last one considering I'm awkward as fuck 90% of the time, but it's got me a bit rattled. Obviously I should aim for higher than my current "LOOK AT THIS GRAAAAAAPH" position, but I'm also terrified of any kind of responsibility, but she was well on me about how great a fit she thought I'd be.

Fuck man, why can they just pay me for more for being a data monkey where it's chill.


If the manager has told you to go for it, then you are definitely doing something right. Responsibility is scary but it'll get to a point where they'll be promoting less experienced (and probably stupider) people over you and that'll just suck.

But maybe i'm only saying that because I like bossing people around!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:58 pm
by Jim
JOSEPH! THINK OF THE MONEHZ!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:03 pm
by ScrumpiesVeteran
Turbo wrote:There is this blonde girl who works behind the bar at my local. Regardless of whether I have finished my pint I get asked if I want another. She almost seems to bend over backwards to serve me. She must absolutely dispise me that she wants to get rid of me asap. But I get served quickly so yoloswag.


Have you considered the possibility that she likes talking to you ? Women are more subtle than blokes in that way !

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:55 pm
by Turbo
Oh god no that's impossible. No one ever has enjoyed that. I think she just wants to get me drunk so ill piss off early.


No reality is, I think she was keeping herself busy at all costs and so the time goes fast. I would do the same. Easiest money is when you're not clock watching. I have at points pushed her in the direction of who I know is next, because left to her devices I would be steaming, and also poor(er).

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:23 am
by Jobdone
keera_envenomed wrote:If the manager has told you to go for it, then you are definitely doing something right. Responsibility is scary but it'll get to a point where they'll be promoting less experienced (and probably stupider) people over you and that'll just suck.


Jim wrote:JOSEPH! THINK OF THE MONEHZ!


Yeah, it's pretty much both those things that have got me fairly set on going after it when it comes up. Just needed to put my thoughts down yesterday. Cheers folks.


Also Turbo you should go for it with that bar lady. By which I mean slam your dick on the bar and wink suggestively. It's the only way to know for sure.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:15 pm
by thehairyone
Joe, if you don't go for that job I will deny you meat at Damnation. All weekend. If they're saying you can do it, then you certainly can. Just think, you can introduce danger can as a morale booster!

Andy, someone else has to want to hit it as hard as I do. Sounds like she's that person.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm
by Turbo
Rich you know I only have eyes for you. :oops:

She is a bit tasty mind.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:18 am
by Jobdone
EDIT: Drunk self indulgent bullshit, ignore that.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:50 am
by peypea
Welcome to your mid 20's.

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm
by Davros
peypea wrote:Welcome to your mid 20's.


Try your mid 30's!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:27 am
by Noodle
Shit, right, so I've not been around for a while. This is partly due to my latest Twitch addiction and partly due to this thing rumoured to be called "adult life".

We spent our first night in our (admittedly rented) house last night. It's been a stressful process. It's also a worrying sign that I'm growing up. Next step: midlife crisis and subsequent sports car/Harley Davidson.