What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:51 pm

NeglectedField wrote:It's August already, that weirds me out, how time flies and all.



Same here. Where the fuck has the year gone?
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:24 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Same here. Where the fuck has the year gone?


Mine's been incredibly unproductive since Christmas s0 I'm sickly excited about BOA. It's the only thing I've had to look forward to all year barring the odd gig.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Noodle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm

The dream I had today, waking up after watching Pete (of Disney) walking past a drain grill in a sewer, then catching his attention, followed by the image of a huge house spider crawling up my pillow away from my face, just before I open my eyes is a sure-fire way of unnerving yourself.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
clare-l
Denim Demon
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:49 pm
Location: berkshire

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby clare-l » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:41 pm

How the hell I managed to play one artist over 1600 times in a few weeks.
Image

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Big D » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Not only am I processing my own leaving routine but I've just gone and collected my leaving pressie.

User avatar
i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby i_am_a_viking » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm

tranmerefan wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:It's August already, that weirds me out, how time flies and all.



Same here. Where the fuck has the year gone?


I feel like I'm wasting my life :(
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Image

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby andeh » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:09 pm

This video :hurl:

http://www.somethingimpressive.com/2009 ... oop-again/

It's of what lives inside a sewer, so don't say I didn't warn you that it is pretty disgusting.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Applecore » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Not so much freaking me out, but it's certainly not made me happy or lol, and it's not pissing me off..

Anyway, been to a gig every night for the past 3 nights (and got 2 more for the next couple of nights) and I'm starting to get worried that I'm going to kill my hearing before I'm even 30.
Considering I'm 20 now and the amount of gigs I've been going to lately, I might not be wrong..
Eep.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:39 pm

andeh wrote:This video :hurl:

http://www.somethingimpressive.com/2009 ... oop-again/

It's of what lives inside a sewer, so don't say I didn't warn you that it is pretty disgusting.


That's actually kinda cool, in a freaky kinda way
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Applecore wrote:Not so much freaking me out, but it's certainly not made me happy or lol, and it's not pissing me off..

Anyway, been to a gig every night for the past 3 nights (and got 2 more for the next couple of nights) and I'm starting to get worried that I'm going to kill my hearing before I'm even 30.
Considering I'm 20 now and the amount of gigs I've been going to lately, I might not be wrong..
Eep.



Earplugs! Earplugs!!
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Applecore » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:
Applecore wrote:Not so much freaking me out, but it's certainly not made me happy or lol, and it's not pissing me off..

Anyway, been to a gig every night for the past 3 nights (and got 2 more for the next couple of nights) and I'm starting to get worried that I'm going to kill my hearing before I'm even 30.
Considering I'm 20 now and the amount of gigs I've been going to lately, I might not be wrong..
Eep.



Earplugs! Earplugs!!


Considering I slept for a good 10 hours after posting that and my hearing's still a bit off (I can hear fine but it feels like there's something in my ears?), that may be my plan for tonight..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Applecore » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 am

The drive to Derby tomorrow.. I've never driven that far, nor have I ever even been on the motorway.
I'm shitting it a little, to say the least. However I'm damn sure I'll be fine, Oscar (my car) is quite a reliable lil' bugger and I'm not going alone.
Strangely, the drive home isn't bothering me at all?

Oh and an update on my previous couple of posts.
I forgot my earplugs the night after saying I'd take them, and didn't take them the following day, either.
My ears were ringing all of Monday, but they're fine now :)
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Harley--Quinn
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Coleraine/ Glasgow

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Harley--Quinn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Both my fiance and I couldn't find our passports when we looked at the weekend, and after days of frantic searching we had to book new flights to get to Bloodstock (since Ryanair are dicks and demand a passport, even for domestic flights. Flybe take any photo ID). I don't even want to talk about how much it was, or how much more it'll be to replace the passport. It's been pretty stressful so I really hope our journey tomorrow goes well :ugh:
Image

User avatar
Hellhammer
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:30 pm
Location: Worksop
Contact:

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Hellhammer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Applecore wrote:The drive to Derby tomorrow.. I've never driven that far, nor have I ever even been on the motorway.
I'm shitting it a little, to say the least. However I'm damn sure I'll be fine, Oscar (my car) is quite a reliable lil' bugger and I'm not going alone.
Strangely, the drive home isn't bothering me at all?

Oh and an update on my previous couple of posts.
I forgot my earplugs the night after saying I'd take them, and didn't take them the following day, either.
My ears were ringing all of Monday, but they're fine now :)


You'll be fine mate, just make your car go as fast as it can when getting on the motorway and i guarantee someone will move over to let you in. (Hellhammer is not held liable for any car accidents which occur if this advice is followed)

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Freyja » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I know it sounds a bit silly, but I'm worrying a fair amount about waking up in a puddle at Bloodstock. The tent is a £10 thing from Wilkinson's, so it is highly unlikely to be waterproof. Methinks I shall have to buy some binliners tonight.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/