Recent Photos of Yourself

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Re: Recent Photos of Yourself

Postby Metallinen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 am

Amelia wrote:its hair. it's not that big a deal. waiting a few years until you can wear it however you please isn't a huge sacrifice

That depends what you do after school. For many, childhood is the only time of their lives where they have total freedom over their appearance.

My school actually blocked me from entering sixth form on the basis of my hair. They were willing to ignore almost perfect attendance for five years and mostly A's and B's at GCSE on the basis that my hair was 'a bit untidy' at that moment in time. Its when you favour physical appearance over proven academic ability that it becomes totally nonsensical.

Leleanor
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Leleanor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 am

Metallinen wrote:
Amelia wrote:its hair. it's not that big a deal. waiting a few years until you can wear it however you please isn't a huge sacrifice

That depends what you do after school. For many, childhood is the only time of their lives where they have total freedom over their appearance.

My school actually blocked me from entering sixth form on the basis of my hair. They were willing to ignore almost perfect attendance for five years and mostly A's and B's at GCSE on the basis that my hair was 'a bit untidy' at that moment in time. Its when you favour physical appearance over proven academic ability that it becomes totally nonsensical.

My school didn't have a problem with guys with long hair and was generally quite relaxed on uniform rules if you didn't shove it in their face and were generally doing well and getting on fine which I thought was reasonable.
I had good attendance, good grades and good repore with my teachers :B and got away with : various unnatural colours in the underlayers of my otherwise black hair, 7 earings instead of 2 with hoops not studs, a nose stud, multiple bracelets and necklaces and usally a ring or 2 as well :lol:
Though I got bollocked for wearing Doc Martins for school (black ankle boot ones with trousers) as the school claimed 'boots are not allowed and those shoes are innappropriate and a risk to your health and safety" I got told to wear those stpid little black pumps instead :ugh:
xxx

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 am

My school never really had a problem with long hair, it just meant that the head of sixth form would call you a woman at any given opportunity :lol:

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am

Girls weren't allowed to wear trousers at my school, it was a really old school that still had different entrances for girls and boys (they didn't enforce them though, but no girls wanted to walk through the boy gate).

The thing that annoys me about hair is that they think they can tell blokes to cut it to makr it look smarter, however alot of girls I went to school with had hair that was in a really crap condition and they were never told to cut it. One girl looked like Dee Snider for fucks sake.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 pm

All you lot got NOTHING on the secondary school I went to
http://www.farlingtonschool.net/index.html

It cost £4,322 per term and had its only riding school.... you get the picture.
WE WORE KILTS.... KILTS :cry:

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Hamdir wrote:All you lot got NOTHING on the secondary school I went to

well la de fucking da! :lol:

my old school :ugh:
http://www.coleraineai.com/
state of the blazers lol
Last edited by wintermourn on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Me and and the Girlthing at new year

If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Hamdir wrote:All you lot got NOTHING on the secondary school I went to

Your school looks very similar to my old secondary school. Was also an extortionate boarding school (i only went cos I got a music scholarship). http://www.badminton.bristol.sch.uk/default.asp The picture of yours on the front page of the site actually looks identical to the 'croquet lawn' outside the music block at mine :lol:

There was a rule that hair had to be tied up at all times... i'm pretty insecure about my face, and at the time I was about my ears too, so I hated having it tied up. Got into a lot of trouble for having it loose. I also remember getting a Marilyn Manson CD confiscated for being 'Satanic' and 'inappropriate for someone my age'.

6th form (i moved schools) I got into trouble for wearing Doc Martins. At 6th form ffs! There was also a 'no facial hair' rule for the boys, though they could have hair as long as they liked. Although one boy shaved his hair and got into trouble for that :s
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I never got called out because of my hair at my school. It was bright red for sixth form, and a girl I knew wanted to dye her hair similarly bright, but she made the mistake of ASKING the headteacher if she could do it. :lol:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm

The principal at my college spent half the budget on a new car every six months :yes:
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Freyja wrote:There was also a 'no facial hair' rule for the boys, though they could have hair as long as they liked. Although one boy shaved his hair and got into trouble for that :s

same as mine

if you had an facial hair - detention. if you didn't shave - exclusion till you did
if your hair touched your collar - detention. if you didn't get it cut - exclusion till you did
if your hair was too short - exclusion till it grew to an "acceptable length"

along with the other stupid rules like
* caught with your shirt un-tucked 3 times in a day - detention
* caught with your tie at an unacceptable length 3 times in a day - detention
(both of the above were a pain in the ass considering the amount of sports we had to do)
* sports "whites" must be plain white with no patter or design (which was fair until if the teacher felt being a twat he'd give you detention for mud stains on them after making us run around muddy fields)

along with what ever other bollocks there was

still managed to fuck around a lot at school though lol
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

... Our school had absolutely none of that bollocks. You did your hair (facial or otherwise) however the hell you wanted as long as you wore a shirt, school tie and black trousers (skirts or trousers for girls).

Neatness? The teacher got glassed if he/she even suggested it.

Yep, my high school was (and still is if I'm led to believe) a hard as fuck place.

It was only beaten by a neighbouring school for hardness when they had an official inspection one day - just as 80% of the kids started a school-wide riot. Bastards got a lot of press for that.

And yet a lot of the 6th Year students go to "prestigious" universities like Edinburgh, Exeter, Aberdeen (a couple went to St Andrews). Quite a few straight A folks too.

All in all, Ross High is a hard place with a few clever folks.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Noodle wrote:Me and and the Girlthing at new year

Look at Cokey! And you know calling me that annoys me... That's why you do it :lol:
ImageImageImage

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:35 pm

My old school has a twitter.

Fuck knows why, no one had anything of any interest to say there.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Sounds like my school. They engaged in Social Media (ie: started a blog) which has long been abandoned...
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?