Recent Photos of Yourself

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Recent Photos of Yourself

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:59 am

Noodle wrote:I just think they misunderstand Camra, the very peolpe who are trying to save the industry, by attacking their business model and the drink they promote.

That, and every Brew Dog beer I've tried tastes like vomit in beer form.

Apart from the Punk IPA that has an aftertaste of paracetamol. I crush and snort my paracetamol thanks.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am

flo wrote:
Font is pretty awesome. There are two (I dunno if there is more?) that I know of in Manc. One is literally at the end of my road, and the other is next door to oxford road Station :)

The one near Oxford Road station is the one I know. Where about's is your road then?

As for Brewdog, I've not had many of them, but I'd sooner go to the Brewdog bar in Manchester and have it on tap than from a bottle. I did have one that was like 14% that they only served in thirds. It was nice, but a little too pricey (and not really worth 3 or 4 times the price of a normal pint given it didn't taste 3 or 4 times better). But it was one of those things I felt I should try at least once.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

peypea wrote:I think people should drink whatever the fuck they want, and if anyone gives them shit for it then they're a bit of a pathetic knob.

Agreed completely. I got some raised eyebrows last night after I switched from cider to Bailey's part way through the evening. But I'm long past caring about that sort of thing.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Fjar wrote:Spoiler alert: you grow out of drinking to get drunk. Anyone who doesn't grow out of it is left with no-one to get drunk with.

Even though I have gotten very sensible about drinking myself in the past year or so I don't think the second bit is necessarily true. I have friends in their late 30's who regularly put away multiple bottles of wine, whiskey and rakes of pints in a single session but who are some of the most universally loved cats I know. I don't go as overboard as they do and probably never will again, but I don't judge them for their own drinking habits. Drinking astronomical amounts for the fun of it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a violent or abusive dick when you're drunk, or that you still can't function as a respectable member of society monday to friday for your 9-5.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Anyway, to get this thread vaguely back on topic, this is me in a race car a couple of months ago, about to pull forward to the start line:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm

:yes: Thank you!
That looks awesome :D Was it amazing?
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Do you Drag race?
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
flo wrote:
Font is pretty awesome. There are two (I dunno if there is more?) that I know of in Manc. One is literally at the end of my road, and the other is next door to oxford road Station :)

The one near Oxford Road station is the one I know. Where about's is your road then?

As for Brewdog, I've not had many of them, but I'd sooner go to the Brewdog bar in Manchester and have it on tap than from a bottle. I did have one that was like 14% that they only served in thirds. It was nice, but a little too pricey (and not really worth 3 or 4 times the price of a normal pint given it didn't taste 3 or 4 times better). But it was one of those things I felt I should try at least once.

Fallowfield. I don't think I appreciate where I live enough sometimes. It's so close to everything and fairly cheap to live here :lol:
Leeds Festival: 08, 09, 10, 11
Download: 09, 10, 11, 12
Sonisphere: 09, 10, 11, 14
Bloodstock: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest: 12, 13
Beermageddon: 12, 13, 14
Hellfest: 13
Damnation: 10, 11, 12, 13
Wacken: 14

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm

georgebailey96 wrote:Do you Drag race?

I do. I came 3rd in the UK national championships last year. And yes, driving the car in the photo was amazing. Faster than you can possibly imagine. 2500bhp, 0-60mph in under a second. My top speed was 229mph, which I reached in just over 6 seconds.

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Jesus :P I like watching the NHRA on ESPN, good one man :)
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 pm

georgebailey96 wrote:Jesus :P I like watching the NHRA on ESPN, good one man :)

If you haven't yet done so, you have to come to Santa Pod and watch it in person. The Main Event on the 24th-27th May is the one to go for. Or Easter weekend is the opening meeting of the season, but Easter's early this year, so it has a higher chance of problematic weather.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Tet wrote:
georgebailey96 wrote:Do you Drag race?

I do. I came 3rd in the UK national championships last year. And yes, driving the car in the photo was amazing. Faster than you can possibly imagine. 2500bhp, 0-60mph in under a second. My top speed was 229mph, which I reached in just over 6 seconds.

If I was doing that I would pee from joy.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 pm

flo wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:
flo wrote:

Fallowfield. I don't think I appreciate where I live enough sometimes. It's so close to everything and fairly cheap to live here :lol:

Whilst I've never been quite that far down, (I think a take away in Rusholme was as far as I got), my mate Well Spoken Dave lives in Fallowfield. Not sure exactly where though.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Tet wrote:
georgebailey96 wrote:Jesus :P I like watching the NHRA on ESPN, good one man :)

If you haven't yet done so, you have to come to Santa Pod and watch it in person. The Main Event on the 24th-27th May is the one to go for. Or Easter weekend is the opening meeting of the season, but Easter's early this year, so it has a higher chance of problematic weather.

Given that this Santa Pod is 6 miles up the road from me. I've been a few times, and it's a great day. Mind you having seen the dragsters going up the track, I have to say that I can't decide if the drivers are either total petrol heads or completely bonkers! :lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:Mind you having seen the dragsters going up the track, I have to say that I can't decide if the drivers are either total petrol heads or completely bonkers! :lol:

We're probably both :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVQtTFZDSI