Recent Photos of Yourself

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Green Man
Consort of the Beast

Re: Recent Photos of Yourself

Postby Green Man » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 am

Tet wrote:Walking the track at the Marina Bay Circuit after the Singapore Grand Prix:

That dude on the left....I saw him at Bloodstock!!!!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 am

Tet wrote:Walking the track at the Marina Bay Circuit after the Singapore Grand Prix:

Awesome, but I have to ask, are you completely loaded or something? Also Green Man, I don't know if there was a joke intended there but the guy on the left is Tet :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 am

Danroush wrote:are you completely loaded or something?

What a thing to ask someone... :rolleyes:
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:09 am

siliconfury wrote:
Danroush wrote:are you completely loaded or something?

What a thing to ask someone... :rolleyes:

Hmm, I've never really thought of asking about money as such a bad thing to do in the way most british people do. Also, the question was more a way of bringing up the topic of the general cost of formula one (e.g. expecting a response along the lines of "oh it's not as much as you'd think actually" or "yeah I know it's expensive but definitely worth it!") , rather than particularly aiming it at finding out the figures on his exact wealth :P

Just a typical case of tone not conveying well through text
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am

There is something to the whole wealth disclosure that makes people uncomfortable, and it's nothing to do with the whole 'are you paying enough tax?' thing. I think people get uncomfortable if they find out about someone who does the same job as them in the same company but earns a whole load more.

These days that attitude is a bit silly though, as people are now quite dynamic when it comes to work (no such thing as a 'job for life' any more), and also people have to balance salary with benefits, so you might earn a fuck tonne but the work conditions are shite, or earn a more modest salary but with fantastic work conditions & people.

Some people are becoming more relaxed with it, but it's still a general thing that there's a taboo over salary disclosure, and there are more subtle ways to 'get an idea' of someone's income ('Singapore F1? That must've cost a bit!').
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 am

siliconfury wrote:Some people are becoming more relaxed with it, but it's still a general thing that there's a taboo over salary disclosure, and there are more subtle ways to 'get an idea' of someone's income ('Singapore F1? That must've cost a bit!').

Well yeah if I look back at the post now I'd probably pick that way of phrasing it, but just at the time I felt like putting something less generic, and clearly didn't put much thought into it, as I'm sure anyone here with multiple thousands of posts has probably made a few posts without thinking!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:28 am

Well, in answer to your question, I have a well paid job and probably earn more than most around here. But no, I'm not "completely loaded". It was all paid for by work. We had to go out on business to meet some clients, and knowing that two of us were big Formula 1 fans, my boss timed the trip so that we could catch the grand prix while we were out there. I may have a well paid job, but it's not that well paid, and I'd struggle to justify the cost of flying to Singapore just to watch a grand prix. Although that said, I am going to be spending an absolute fortune to go racing in America in a couple of months. Were I being sensible I'd put the money I've saved towards paying off the mortgage instead. But you only live once, right?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 am

Tet wrote:Well, in answer to your question, I have a well paid job and probably earn more than most around here. But no, I'm not "completely loaded". It was all paid for by work. We had to go out on business to meet some clients, and knowing that two of us were big Formula 1 fans, my boss timed the trip so that we could catch the grand prix while we were out there. I may have a well paid job, but it's not that well paid, and I'd struggle to justify the cost of flying to Singapore just to watch a grand prix. Although that said, I am going to be spending an absolute fortune to go racing in America in a couple of months. Were I being sensible I'd put the money I've saved towards paying off the mortgage instead. But you only live once, right?

Lucky sod :lol: who is it you work for btw? Then again I can't talk considering a girl I'm with paid for silverstone completely for me as an 18th present!

What kind of racing are you doing in America?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 am

Danroush wrote:Lucky sod :lol: who is it you work for btw? [...] What kind of racing are you doing in America?

I work for a syndicate of professional gamblers (mostly betting on football). We do a lot of business in Asia because that's where the money is in the betting world. I race drag cars (I came 3rd in the UK national championship this year for my class). In America, I'll be driving one of these:

Somewhere around 3000bhp. 0-200mph in less than 6 seconds. Should be good :-)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 am

Well fuck :o

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 am

Tet wrote:
Danroush wrote:Lucky sod :lol: who is it you work for btw? [...] What kind of racing are you doing in America?

I work for a syndicate of professional gamblers (mostly betting on football). We do a lot of business in Asia because that's where the money is in the betting world. I race drag cars (I came 3rd in the UK national championship this year for my class). In America, I'll be driving one of these:

Ah okay, and didn't know you were already a racer, that's awesome! Good luck with it in America, hope you enjoy it :yes:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Tet wrote:

Tet, you are the coolest guy in the world.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 pm

peypea wrote:Tet, you are the coolest guy in the world.

Bizarrely, you're not the first person to tell me that. I think you're all misguided, though.

But as a friend pointed out to me, my life sounds pretty good on paper. He was rather pleased with himself for being a comic book author and professional magician. Then he realised I was a professional gambler and race car driver...

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am

Tet wrote:
peypea wrote:Tet, you are the coolest guy in the world.

Bizarrely, you're not the first person to tell me that. I think you're all misguided, though.

But as a friend pointed out to me, my life sounds pretty good on paper. He was rather pleased with himself for being a comic book author and professional magician. Then he realised I was a professional gambler and race car driver...

RACE CAR DRIVER. SO AWESOME.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:39 am

spend your night getting DF shit faced and fucking trannys... as ye do!