The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

It's more to do with he arrives, speaks to no-one and acts like a movie star with his whole team around him, the wrestlers are ignored, instead of passing on knowledge and helping like other guys do when they visit, he is literally making his money and running

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm

If Cena wasn't fighting The Rock, the only other way I could possibly give a shit about his WM match is if he went for the streak, which I still think he might should trips lose again. Cena can use the whole "stop fighting part timers and go for this generation's superstar" argument

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 pm

HHH is going to end the streak this year, and Undertaker is retiring

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:HHH is going to end the streak this year, and Undertaker is retiring

That's not what the dirtsheets are saying! If that happens, then Cena wins, I might cry.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm calling it, and Cena will win aswell, thus ending The Rock's association with WWE for good :yes:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 pm

cena will clearly win. anyone who thinks otherwise is absolutely kidding themselves. its the same as the rock beating hogan.

and triple h may well end the streak, but personally i doubt it. i believe the current plan is for taker to only wrestle 1 match a year, i havent heard anything on the streak ending. keeping him undefeated is the smart move, even if he's retiring.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:03 pm

The right thing to do would be to have Taker undefeated at Mania but I ave a feeling Undertaker has other plans

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 pm

If they're going to end Taker's career, they really need to have it as the main event. The crowd will be distraught if the streak ends, and it'll soften the crowd quite badly, even when you consider it's Cena/Rock on after it.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 pm

So i'm the only one who was underwhelmed by Cena in his confrontation with the Rock on Raw? The putdown about the notes on the arm aside (clearly scripted) I really didn't have the feeling of Rocky being "owned" at all when Cena was walking away.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Just seen the opening with Punk and Y2J, well that was awesome, but why have a match with DB afterwards and for the 3rd week in a row , oh because they are trying to get people bored of the indie wrestlers that's why :rolleyes:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:45 pm

or because its a match everyone has loved, gives both guys something to do, manages to fit both their WM opponents in and helps move the general manager story along. i dont see it as trying to get people bored of their world champions, that would be stupid.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:48 pm

I agree, but they shouldn't have reused the superplex spot on Raw.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:So i'm the only one who was underwhelmed by Cena in his confrontation with the Rock on Raw? The putdown about the notes on the arm aside (clearly scripted) I really didn't have the feeling of Rocky being "owned" at all when Cena was walking away.

Are you kidding me? Dwayne was pissed off and shaken - watch it again and listen to him. He sounds like he's going to cry or something. To me, it also seemed like he was starting to lose the crowd around that point too. That's when he lost me. I saw the notes before Cena mentioned them and was all "eh?" and Cena said what he said and that was it for me. Fuck The Dwayne. The Rock would never do that. The Rock doesn't need to do that. The Rock has never bored me with a promo but on RAW, Dwayne Johnson lost me entirely. He made me like John Cena. (Though tbh I'm a closet Cena fan. Tell no-one.)

WM predicitons:
Cena wins
Taker wins
Sheamus wins
Punk wins
Show loses

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I agree, but they shouldn't have reused the superplex spot on Raw.

What about the cross body collision spot that mah boy D Bry uses a little bit too often? (That said, I still mark out for it every time :D)
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm

i cant believe for a second the rock needs notes, even having been gone for so long. however, it wasnt his best promo. the only bit that made me laugh was when he said he didnt want to see cena, and he'd rather slap him in the face with a piece of kung pao chicken. kung pao bitch wasnt as funny.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:20 pm

It's all scripted, for weeks the crowd have been very much on the side of The Rock, the last few weeks have been in an attempt to get a 50/50 crowd for the match at Mania, Cena losing fans is bad business for WWE, they even have anti Cena T shirts now, which effectively still means people are buying Cena shirts :lol: