The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:51 am

NXT TakeOver: Revolution was all kinds of awesome. Don't want to post spoilers even in tiny font. Just. Watch.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Echo'd sentiments, but I will post two spoilers. If you're really not enticed, read below:

Finn Balor in fucking facepaint. Painted up like the demon from the second half o his name. Or the first half. Was wondering how they were gonna fit some Devitt face paint into his character.

FUCKING GENERICO/STEEN AT THE END. IT WILL NEVER END. IT CAN'T END. GOD. FUCKING. BLESS.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Jobdone wrote:Echo'd sentiments, but I will post two spoilers. If you're really not enticed, read below:

Finn Balor in fucking facepaint. Painted up like the demon from the second half o his name. Or the first half. Was wondering how they were gonna fit some Devitt face paint into his character.

FUCKING GENERICO/STEEN AT THE END. IT WILL NEVER END. IT CAN'T END. GOD. FUCKING. BLESS.

Actually fuck it I'll tiny it.
Kevin Owens' debut match was awesome, and I love that he ended up busted open too haha. Must have been a genuine accident too because the massive hug he gave Sami at the end re-opened it. I also liked that it wasn't just a pure squash match. It was incredible one-sided, but it's good that Tye Dillinger got some hits in. Too many squashes in NXT with Bull and Corbin already, and it's getting old with them, too.
I had a massive grin on my face when Bálor came out in body paint. I had a feeling it was coming (as did everyone) but it was still amazing. Also when Hideo was going for the GTS I totally lost my shit. I can see them giving it back to him now that Punk's legitimately gone - I can't see Punk kicking up a fuss about it, either, considering he's the one who stole the move in the first place.
Bit disappointed to see Lucha Dragons continue as tag team champs, but mostly because they don't really do anything for me. I much prefer The Vaudevillains.
Charlotte/Sasha was a great match. Charlotte is ready for the main roster, but the main roster isn't ready for her. What the fuck was up with them making her lose to Natalya on Monday, by the way? Way to squash momentum going into a major event..
Zayn/Neville was incredible. I had a feeling it was going to go Zayn's way, but there was a few points where I really wasn't sure. Both guys put it all out there, though and I'm absolutely chuffed with the result.
And then that ending. Holy fucking yes. I didn't see any of the Steen/Generico feud in ROH, so I'm psyched to be getting it now. I had a feeling Owens would be coming in as a heel, too.

EDIT: Forgot to end the size tag :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Jobdone wrote:Echo'd sentiments, but I will post two spoilers. If you're really not enticed, read below:

I hope in 10 years time ROH let WWE use the 2 Final Battle matches for Owens and Zayn DVDs.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Finally got TEW back up and running. Might make my own Japanese fed on it and see what I can do.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:50 pm

I hate those tiny spoilers, I can never be bothered to try and read them. NXT was great though, from top to bottom everything was fantastic. Could have used more Enzo and Cass though. Oh and I'm still not a fan of Corbin, that stupid teenage beard and his face ruin the whole tough guy thing for me completely. He's better than his fatty nemesis though.

I thought Balor's entrance was going to be hammy and lame, but it was actually really cool, so that was nice.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:15 pm

i like the way they're building to corbin vs bull, however i am not impressed by bull. corbin is ok, i will wait until he has a few proper matches before fully judging him. at first i thought the same as you, sam, but he is growing on me.

the rest of the card was just amazing. really was better than anything else wwe have put on this year.

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:01 am

Having seen some spoilers from upcoming tapings it seems:

Steen gets involved with Neville, Zayn retains in rematch, only for Steen to take him out afterwards.

Gotta be a triple threat title match perhaps at a Febuary Takeover special before WWE gets to sample Steen and Generico feuding
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jD12U4WA-w&feature=youtu.be

It's a shame the DVD of PWG: Black Cole Sun probably won't be shipping out til early January so I won't see it til then, looking at this preview I really think the Kyle O'Reilly vs Roderick Strong main event would be my match of the year.

Roddy will probably have to vacate the title before the next show though seeing as ROH are pulling their talent from all other indy shows. I'm actually excited to see who PWG bring in to fill the gap left by the ROH guys. Cole, O'Reilly, Strong, Fish, ACH, Ciampa, Elgin and Alexander are a pretty sizeable chunk of their regular roster.

Also, Matt Striker will be doing colour commentary for Wrestle Kingdom. Fucking sweet.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 am

TLC was a massive disappointment. Started off strong with a good match between Ziggler and Harper but then everything else just seemed to fall flat. Cena/Rollins was decent enough, and Ambrose/Wyatt had some good spots but that's about it - especially as the ending to the match was absolute fucking bullshit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Applecore wrote:TLC was a massive disappointment. Started off strong with a good match between Ziggler and Harper but then everything else just seemed to fall flat. Cena/Rollins was decent enough, and Ambrose/Wyatt had some good spots but that's about it - especially as the ending to the match was absolute fucking bullshit.

I agree completely, apart from the Cena/Rollins match being decent enough. The only word I can think of to describe it would be "BRAPPADOOOO!" Way to keep Rollins strong.

Also, Big Blue lost to Big Slow just so Reigns can look ever stronger. Sigh. I wish that mumbling moron hadn't come back. He can't even make it through a 30 second interview without stumbling his line then being awkwardly silent until he remembers what he was supposed to say. I have also noticed his pop is female exclusive, and he's starting to get booed as well.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:17 am

Just realised that Japan is way ahead of us.

Which means Wrestle Kingdom will be starting Sunday morning, I thought it would be Monday.

Awwyyusssss.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:46 pm

the problem with reigns is that vince likes him. that will, i think, work against him in the long run. god help him if they put him in the wrestlemania 31 main event, he's far from ready and it will most likely kill his career. the crowd are not into him, i do not for one second believe he won superstar of the year, he has done nothing of note the entire time since the shield split.
they really need to get behind the guys like ambrose and ziggler who the crowd are going nuts for. they are sticking with rollins as the top heel currently which is great though, he is awesome.

cena vs rollins was an ok match but there was too much interference. reigns coming in was better than super cena being super cena and essentially beating 3 guys, but big show coming out was solely to make reigns look better and made little sense in the match.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:14 pm

To be fair, Ambrose has main evented like twice now.

Problem is, the story pretty much writes itself from here cos we can tell how pushed Reigns is gonna get. He's like Cena on steroids.

Reigns wins the rumble, goes on to face Brock at WM, wins the title.

He's got the women, and some of the kids on his side cos he looks like a superhero.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:49 pm

yeah thats my point, ambrose has been there and has main evented 2 PPVs and is over with the fans, ziggler is over and he was the sole survivor at survivor series eliminating what, 4 guys? and then you have reigns, who has main evented no PPVs, is over with a section of the crowd and vince based just on his looks. its certainly not because of his in ring or promo skills. nothing against the guy, but he will fall flat if he main events WM31.