The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Calibur
Denim Demon
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Calibur » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Tonight should be good for RAW. You've got Stone Cold coming back, three big matches (pullwise) one of which is Michaels/Jericho, which was one of the best feuds in recent memory.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:36 pm

yeah should be good, hopefully stone cold fights mcmahon during the contract signing, for old times sake :D
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Calibur wrote:Tonight should be good for RAW. You've got Stone Cold coming back, three big matches (pullwise) one of which is Michaels/Jericho, which was one of the best feuds in recent memory.


Stone Cold coming back will be big a disappointment.

He was in no state to wrestle when he came back for The Rock at WM.
Image

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Man I am really missing the tv :( No Wrestlemania for me this year

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm

download it, thats what il be doing cause im poor and cant afford to watch it live :eyes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Trust me when I get back to the UK some time next month, i will definately be downloading it :lol:

Is this new WWE show any good, how is the Danielson doing ?

User avatar
Calibur
Denim Demon
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Calibur » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Calibur wrote:Tonight should be good for RAW. You've got Stone Cold coming back, three big matches (pullwise) one of which is Michaels/Jericho, which was one of the best feuds in recent memory.


Stone Cold coming back will be big a disappointment.

He was in no state to wrestle when he came back for The Rock at WM.


He's not wrestling, just guest hosting.

User avatar
Calibur
Denim Demon
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Calibur » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Trust me when I get back to the UK some time next month, i will definately be downloading it :lol:

Is this new WWE show any good, how is the Danielson doing ?


NXT? It's better than I thought it would be. Decent matches, really good building of some characters and the Miz/Danielson (or Bryan, as he now is) feud is being built up extremely well, even spilling onto other shows now.

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Vince wanted to put him straight on RAW, but he refused and said he wanted to earn his spot , so I can't fault the guy, but all the online chatter is that hye is a main eventer waiting to happen, he was always superb in ROH anyway, and seems to be well liked goiong by the websites like lordsofpain

User avatar
Calibur
Denim Demon
Posts: 3101
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Calibur » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:44 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Vince wanted to put him straight on RAW, but he refused and said he wanted to earn his spot , so I can't fault the guy, but all the online chatter is that hye is a main eventer waiting to happen, he was always superb in ROH anyway, and seems to be well liked goiong by the websites like lordsofpain


Vince really likes him, as do some guys at the top. It's building towards a match with Miz at PPV I reckon, where he'll probably get the US. The guy really should become big, unless WWE drops the ball horrificaly.

The internet loves him too :D

There's some other good people on NXT though. Wade Barnett and Heath Slater are pretty impressive.

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Well I will give them a watch aswell then :yes: , only a month and a bit to go for me now

User avatar
absol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 721
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sunderland/Manchester Uni
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby absol » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Bryan Danielson is one of the 5 best wrestlers in the world, if not the best outright. I've followed him for years in the indies so I'm chuffed to bits that he's getting this chance to shine :yes:
http://facebook.com/theprincipalityofsealand

http://theunbearableadventuresofpercy.tumblr.com/ - My webcomic.
'The next Dilbert', according to a very close, sycophantic, over-excited friend of mine.

Solidarity forever.

User avatar
isabiggles
Denim Demon
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby isabiggles » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 pm

If you smelllllllll!!!!!
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:53 pm

raw was a bit disapointing this week tbh, impact wasnt much better though, the match with jeff hardy and AJ styles should have been much better than it was
although i did enjoy abyss smashing flair through the entrance ramp, but then again i dislike flair quite a lot :yes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

strangeasangels
Denim Demon
Posts: 3798
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby strangeasangels » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 pm

When will the bookers realise that a Sting heel turn never works?