The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby mcroper » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Meh, this is why i stopped watching wrestling..all the good talent went to TNA and everything is so predictable. Of course the winner of MITB is going to cash his briefcase right after the championship match and go to town on the champion and win, it's all been done before :(
Also, well done Kane, i think 1997 was the last time he was the world champion?

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 pm

herzeleid wrote:It's another place where the PG rating fucks up any entertainment whatsoever. Instead we just get pretty much an exact copy of the last PPV just with a steel cage around the ring that was barely used.

I enjoyed the 2 MITB ladder matches to be honest,I thought burying Show was funny , but nothing that ROH hasn't done in the past :lol:

The 2 women'smatches were awful, Eve Torres at least is trying new things , but not quite pulling them off, and Alicia Fox is so basic , I am surprised she's on the main rosta :|

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Dunno whether he's getting a push because he put in a bit more work, or he put in a bit more work because he's getting a push, but Kane's looking fitter than I've seen him for a good few years

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:56 pm

mcroper wrote:Meh, this is why i stopped watching wrestling..all the good talent went to TNA and everything is so predictable. Of course the winner of MITB is going to cash his briefcase right after the championship match and go to town on the champion and win, it's all been done before :(

nah was 98 or 99 i think. he debuted in 98 if i remember correctly. been a long time, and he deserves it, even if i am a little annoyed that we didnt crown a scottish champ :eyes:

am i the only one shocked that the miz is now a future wwe champion?
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Jobdone wrote:Dunno whether he's getting a push because he put in a bit more work, or he put in a bit more work because he's getting a push, but Kane's looking fitter than I've seen him for a good few years

undertakers taking his title at summerslam. im calling that right now. i think undertaker was supposed to take the title at fatal four way and kanes push is heading towards undertaker winning the title when he comes back. or, i could be completely wrong and kane could keep the title for months.
or, he could lose it to drew mcintyre soon :eyes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
mcroper wrote:Meh, this is why i stopped watching wrestling..all the good talent went to TNA and everything is so predictable. Of course the winner of MITB is going to cash his briefcase right after the championship match and go to town on the champion and win, it's all been done before :(

nah was 98 or 99 i think. he debuted in 98 if i remember correctly. been a long time, and he deserves it, even if i am a little annoyed that we didnt crown a scottish champ :eyes:

I'm not shocked, the improvement he has made in the past 18 months is astonishing,and the fact that most people hate his guts, shows how good he is at putting his character across

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:41 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:

I'm not shocked, the improvement he has made in the past 18 months is astonishing,and the fact that most people hate his guts, shows how good he is at putting his character across

Wait... We hate his guts now?

I couldn't ever hate Kane. He's Kane. It'd be like hating The Rock or Stone Cold or Goldust or X-Pac or Road Dogg or Mick Foley or any of my other childhood favourites.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 pm

I was talking about The Miz :|

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I was talking about The Miz :|

Ahem.

I'm totally paying attention :eyes:

But I still don't hate the Miz. Mainly because he's just a massive troll.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:05 am

im a fan of miz, i just really didnt expect that. i honestly thought orton or edge were going to win it. in fact i was saying just as it looked like evan bourne was going to win that it was guaranteed to be edge or orton :eyes: im quite glad though as orton and edge have both been champion enough times
in fact im pleased with both money in the bank winners :o i just wonder how long it'll be til miz gets the title

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:40 am

Kane has deserved it for a very long time , he jobbed for nearly 2 years :(

I just don't get why Alicia Fox is anywhere near a ring at the moment, she is so basic, and Eve Torres tries new stuff, but isn't strong enough to pull off what she is trying, why Gael Kym is still jobbing for everyone is beyond me, she has more talent and credibility in her toe than 90% of every women on the rosta :|

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:23 am

Well that match was more entertaining than most of the matches on yesterdays PPV :lol:

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:16 am

interestin Kane note-
he is now the 2nd person to have held the the 3 WWE heavy weight belts the first was Big show
KANE
WWE championship from stone cold King of the Ring 1998
ECW(under the wwe umbrella) championship from chavo WrestleMania, 2008
WORLD(formerly know as WCW) championship from rey Money in the bank 2010

BIG SHOW
WCW(now known as WORLD)Championship(2) from (Hulk Hogan October 29, 1995, Ric Flair April 22, 1996)
WWE championship(2)from (The Rock and Triple H in a 3-WAY November 14, 1999, from Brock Lesnar November 17, 2002)
ECW (under the wwe umbrella) Rob Van Dam July 4, 2006

other Kane titles
9 time Tag champ (with -mankind(2),xpac, undertaker(3), hurricane, rvd, big show)
2 time intercontinental
1 time hardcore

other Big Show titles
7 time tag champ with -(wcw(2)sting,scott hall, wwe- undertaker(2),kane,jericho,miz)
3 time Hardcore
1 time U.S

that makes it 15 title runs for Kane to big shows 16

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

the only reason big show gets titles is because he's huge. if he was even just kanes size he wouldnt get them cause hes shit and always has been :x

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 am

MITB was decent though I had both ladder matches spoiled by accidentally finding out the winners. Don't care about Kane, good for him though. He's been around forever and never made it through the glass ceiling. Delighted for The Miz. He's a decent wrestler and brilliant on the mic, I love the bloke. The cage match was predictable. <C> would be beaten up, get his signature spots in, look like he's about to win but Nexus interfere and allow Sheamus to get away with it. Yawn. It would have been more of a surprise if Nexus hadn't bothered.

Gabriel and <C> on top of the cage: :rofl: He really is a rabbit in the headlights and stopped everything to concentrate on his bump.

Instead of introducing the Spanish spud team they should just come out from the start and tell everyone a table will be put through. :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm