The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:34 pm

I read this thread every now and then and I get sad. I used to love wrestling, would always battle with my mother to watch Raw at 10pm on Friday nights. Paying to watch all the PPV's and getting a rush and nervous whenever a PPV was on. staying up till 4am watching it before school. I miss those days, was probably about six years ago. I still buy the games, but don't know any of the wrestlers any more, sadly I can see by the time I can afford to get Sky back most of the ones I grew up with will probably have been released or killed off, some of these factions you talk about such as Nexus have nothing on the older factions. Is there anywhere on the web that I can watch the wrestling or get news? :(
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm

xBERSERKERx wrote:I read this thread every now and then and I get sad. I used to love wrestling, would always battle with my mother to watch Raw at 10pm on Friday nights. Paying to watch all the PPV's and getting a rush and nervous whenever a PPV was on. staying up till 4am watching it before school. I miss those days, was probably about six years ago. I still buy the games, but don't know any of the wrestlers any more, sadly I can see by the time I can afford to get Sky back most of the ones I grew up with will probably have been released or killed off, some of these factions you talk about such as Nexus have nothing on the older factions. Is there anywhere on the web that I can watch the wrestling or get news? :(

Haha, I did the same thing back when I was at school. I'd stay up, watch the (then free) PPVs or Raw before school then go in the next day and fill everyone in on what happened.

I haven't had Sky for years so I have to keep up via the internet. Mostly I do it with live streaming and talk about it online whilst watching on another forum I post on. If that fails, I just find a download of whatever it is I'm after a about a day or so after it's aired in the USA. A quick bash on Google should point you in the right direction.

Personally, I have a feeling that you might have chosen a very good point in which to get back into wrestling.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/
if you scroll down theres a latest news bit. and i just download the shows.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:12 am

I am slowly learning that any shoot interview involving Jim Cornette is fucking gold.

And that Paul Bearer has had a fucking grim life, including his wife having breast cancer and a dead grandchildren.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Jobdone wrote:I am slowly learning that any[thing] involving Jim Cornette is fucking gold.

fyp
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 am

Oh dear god.

Kofi just won a match with the flying cross body.

What is this.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:26 am

I'm still on the fence about them trying to turn McIntyre face.

I can understand why they're doing it, they fucking need some faces.

But on the other hand, I can't imagine McIntyre being face... time will tell.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 am

but a scottish face would never work :? in scotland, everyone is a heel. its madness. MADNESS I SAY.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Jobdone wrote:Oh dear god.

Kofi just won a match with the flying cross body.

What is this.

thank god lol i mean how long has this been going on!
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:42 pm

never seen a Kofi - Dolph match for the title before :rolleyes: :ugh:

looks like Barrett's staying heel then, cant imagen a rivalry with Big Show will wield any quality matches though :|
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:32 pm

xBERSERKERx wrote:I read this thread every now and then and I get sad. I used to love wrestling, would always battle with my mother to watch Raw at 10pm on Friday nights. Paying to watch all the PPV's and getting a rush and nervous whenever a PPV was on. staying up till 4am watching it before school. I miss those days, was probably about six years ago. I still buy the games, but don't know any of the wrestlers any more, sadly I can see by the time I can afford to get Sky back most of the ones I grew up with will probably have been released or killed off, some of these factions you talk about such as Nexus have nothing on the older factions. Is there anywhere on the web that I can watch the wrestling or get news? :(

This. i actually found some of the older games recently and had a few lols playing them (Warzone & Attitude)
Wise Guy

drummerduba
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby drummerduba » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Matt Hardy debuted on TNA last night at the Genesis PPV...didn't see that one coming :rolleyes:

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:41 pm

drew should be the number 1 contender :x not that im biased or anything :eyes:
although im glad its not big show, it seemed way too rushed getting ziggler into the world title picture. i mean, he loses the IC title, immediately loses his rematch, completely putting him out of line for that title, and then straight away becomes the No 1 contender for the world title? really?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Haha, Matt Hardy looks like a really out of shape Tyler Reks. TNA looks so bad at the moment, though that may be a bias, because half of the review page for each week of it on WWI is just the guy bitching about how he actually has to sit through the whole thing to review it. Also, Jeff Hardy walking down to the ring smoking a cigarette? That's not really very cool. It'd be like Cena doing it, bad for the kids really.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm

hardys been heel for a while now, i dont think the kids are gonna look up to him much right now