The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby x-tempus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:40 pm

uber_scran wrote:Any predictions for the Rumble?

I hope HHH doesn't return. If he does am not gonna watch Raw until he leaves again.


My prediction is Booker T is gonna return at the Rumble ;) http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/ ... sells-out/


HHH needs to return and be heel :D


really not excited about Steiner in TNA though - GIVE JOE MORE WRESTLING TIME!
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
MetalBeast
Denim Demon
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 pm

I reckon Awesome Kong (or whatever they're going to call her in WWE) will interrupt the Women's match...either that or wait until after the match and flatten everyone.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:05 pm

uber_scran wrote:I hope HHH doesn't return. If he does am not gonna watch Raw until he leaves again.

get out of my wrestling thread and do not return until you are a fan of the king of kings. one of the best heels ever. there are few men i that i can honestly say i hated at one point just because they were a heel. he is one of them. now i love him though, i think smackdown could benefit from him having a decent rivalry with one of the younger guys. look at the way he put over sheamus for example.

EDIT: i think awesome kong could be a good surprise rumble entry, but then we all know she wouldnt win so theres not much point... im personally hoping for christian to return and win it, and main event WM against edge. will never happen, but it really should.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby x-tempus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 pm

CrapyMike wrote:EDIT: i think awesome kong could be a good surprise rumble entry, but then we all know she wouldnt win so theres not much point... im personally hoping for christian to return and win it, and main event WM against edge. will never happen, but it really should.


in TLC :love:
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
MetalBeast
Denim Demon
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 pm

I reckon Awesome Kong will almost certainly be put in a Royal Rumble at some point - she's bigger than either of the previous female competitors. This year, however, I reckon a run-in during/after the women's title match is more likely. I think they'll want to highlight just how much bigger she is than anyone else in the women's division before she fights any men.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

User avatar
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby gelder » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 am

My mate who was at the TNA show in Manc tonight was saying that there was a "Retire fat Matt" chant to Matt Hardy :lol:
Image

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:06 am

i know a lot of people are expecting booker t to show up at the royal rumble, but im not so sure. i think "they" could well be the main event mafia. i kinda hope im wrong though, id rather not see those guys again when the only one that could actually wrestle was kurt.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby jackcake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:23 am

Kaitlyn has learnt how to back bump. Progress has been made.

Ziggler taking four Spears from Edge: golden. :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Big D » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 am

I've only just found out that Taylor Wilde quit TNA. So just out of interest, is there anybody actually left in the Knockouts division?

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:08 am

there are a few, but its just the same ones every week now. the beautiful people, mickie james, sarita, madison rayne, tara and winter.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Kami
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1371
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Kami » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
uber_scran wrote:I hope HHH doesn't return. If he does am not gonna watch Raw until he leaves again.

get out of my wrestling thread and do not return until you are a fan of the king of kings. one of the best heels ever. there are few men i that i can honestly say i hated at one point just because they were a heel. he is one of them. now i love him though, i think smackdown could benefit from him having a decent rivalry with one of the younger guys. look at the way he put over sheamus for example.
.


This.

I can't ever remember ever being as pissed off about the result of a match than the Street Fight Foley had with HHH at the Royal Rumble and the Hell In A Cell at No Way Out rematch. I'd stayed up all night to watch both of them, to see Foley lose was heartbreaking and because of those matches I hated HHH for ages. Now, I can't help but appreciate how good he is at what he does though.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Image

mooeybleedkid
Lowly Peon
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am
Location: sittingbourne, kent

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby mooeybleedkid » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Does anyone know any websites were i can watch the royal rumble live for free?

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:00 am

Are people staying up for this? As I recall a few of us did last year and posted in real time, was funny stuff :D

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:56 am

im not, my internet connection is fucked up for some reason and i regret not trying to fix it now :(
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Metal_saddle
Denim Demon
Posts: 3037
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: mountains be my throne (walsall)
Contact:

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Metal_saddle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 am

here we go
Image
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity