The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm

the amount of swearing from Austin last night was epic, i think he said motherfucker at least 7 times :lol:

Wrestling wise, pretty poor overall, spectacle wise, couldn't fault it, hated the religious twaddle on Cena's entrance though

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Haha yeah I noticed that as well! I thought he might be drunk or something, he was swearing like a trooper.

Once again, Taker's streak match stole the show. Fucking amazing, brilliant story telling, great finish. BUT, the WWE seem to have forgotten WM25, where his match wasn't last and it was so good that it killed the crowd for the rest of the night. The Snooki thing after was bullshit, and Cena was being a jerk, completely sand-bagging The Miz to try and make the match look shitty because he was booked to lose, it would seem.

Also, Rhodes was brilliant last night.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Rhodes was great, and i don't think Cena did anything wrong to be honest, Miz was brilliant though

Snooki, come on that's what mania is about , the show is more important than the matches

Taker Vs HHH , yeah awesome, that is how a match is supposed to be, and as you said what a great story, Taker was immense, took a hell of a beating, and the face shot, i think will piss Vince off as they are banned :lol:

uber_scran
Consort of the Beast

Postby uber_scran » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Very disappointed in WM27. Absolutely dire. After seeing Undertaker v HBK I am amazed that anybody can say that the HHH match was any good at all and for me it just makes me more confident in saying that HHH is grossly overrated.

Just found this also:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6536 ... barrassing

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

uber_scran wrote:Very disappointed in WM27. Absolutely dire. After seeing Undertaker v HBK I am amazed that anybody can say that the HHH match was any good at all and for me it just makes me more confident in saying that HHH is grossly overrated.

Just found this also:

Just 1 person's interpretation, I honestly thought the Taker match was awesome, rather than pissing on Taker's legacy showing that not even the great HHH could get the pin at Mania, and HHH couldn't get the pin on a guy whop couldn't walk out of the ring, signifying that HHH would have literally have had to kill him to win, and showing how undefeatable Taker is at Mania

uber_scran
Consort of the Beast

Postby uber_scran » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:47 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
uber_scran wrote:Very disappointed in WM27. Absolutely dire. After seeing Undertaker v HBK I am amazed that anybody can say that the HHH match was any good at all and for me it just makes me more confident in saying that HHH is grossly overrated.

Just found this also:

Just 1 person's interpretation, I honestly thought the Taker match was awesome, rather than pissing on Taker's legacy showing that not even the great HHH could get the pin at Mania, and HHH couldn't get the pin on a guy whop couldn't walk out of the ring, signifying that HHH would have literally have had to kill him to win, and showing how undefeatable Taker is at Mania

I agree that if you enjoyed the PPV then ultimately the opinion of others should not matter.

However if you put Wrestlemania 27 in googlenews then you will see that its not just one person saying that it was bad. As far as I am concerned it was an absolute disaster as my expectations were high due to the quality of previous WMs.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Meh, the general IWC consensus i've seen is that the Taker/HHH match was brilliant. Rest of the show is up for debate, I didn't see anything particularly wrong with it though, i've seen a lot worse from the WWE in recent years.

I'm probably a bit biased cos I was so happy to see Cena lose though.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:31 pm

I never see Wrestlemania as a wrestling event anyway, more about the show, which as usual was top notch, the religious thing with Cena and the Corre Squash aside, i didn't think any match was particularly un-entertaining

HHH tapped out, remember he QUIT, if that's not a sign of respect at the biggest event they do, i don't know what is

I think the Orton Vs Punk match though had the potential to be something great and they totally fucked both of those guys over, i feel bad for them to be honest

Sheamus Vs Bryan should NOT have been a dark match, Daniel Bryan can make any match PPV quality, maybe that's why they took it off the event, they didn't want him showing up too many of the top guys

And who else knew Snooki could do somersaults :o

Alex_OA
Warrior of Metal

Postby Alex_OA » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 am

Wrestlemania was ok, nothing amazing but nothing terrible offensive either.

The only problem i had was the lawler - cole match, it ran on for far too long and really killed the crowd. A comedy segment like that should have had 10-15 minutes, not half an hour. Instead we got half an hour of farting about and bryan - sheamus bumped down to a dark match.

Taker - HHH was great. Both men were on top form and gave a great performace. Those near falls really had me on edge toward the end. And they sold Undertaker being on his last legs but still managing to come out on top really well. Hopefully they'll build on this but keep him out of the ring till next mania and have some younger guy beat him to take the streak.

Edge - Del Rio was good but could have done with an extra 5-10 as it seemed to end just as it was getting good. I would have liked to see Del Rio win but other than that it was good. It sounds like Del Rio finally got over as a main eventer anyway.

Cody - Rey was great aswell, as was Orton - Punk but theres not much to say about these.

Corre - misc jobbers was another example of wwes recent wtf booking. Build up a stable for 3 months then have them squashed in under 4 minutes at the biggest show of the year buy a bunch of jobbers. Nice one vince.

EDIT - Turns out the corre match wasnt completely worthless

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:44 am

Sin Cara's ring entrance was freakish. :o
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:36 am

Christian-99 wrote:So the question is, should I bother paying for a replay?

I wouldnt, it was the first ppv ive bought since wm23 and i was v disappointed sadly. The amount of in-ring action was lower than usual at a wrestlemania although SNooki was indeed fantastic :D
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 am

herzeleid wrote:That's all the changes you made that were wrong there Mike. I will thank you not to proclaim me wrong again thanks :P

its not my fault the booking made no sense :oops:

overall i enjoyed it, still think del rio should have won though, but now im hoping they'll give christian a chance. never gonna happen though :(

the corre losing was shit, cant believe how short that was and they would have benefited from the win more than the the others.

HHH vs Taker was good, if not quite as good as HBK vs Taker last year. i dont think takers going to WM 28 though.

really glad cena lost, didnt see it coming so it was a pleasant surprise.

pissed off that sheamus vs daniel bryan was moved, i was looking forward to it :x

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 am

Cena to beat the Rock? unfortunately I think it's gonna happen.

watched 'Mania again last night - love how the whole thing was already on MegaVideo lol, it's enjoyable, but not very impressive.

though JoMo's SP finisher to the outside was pretty impressive to see
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Sin Cara was freaking amazing!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 pm

i'll be surprised if we ever see sin cara anywhere near rey. if we do, reys career will probably be over :lol: he was bloody impressive, hope they use him right.