The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
herzeleid
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby herzeleid » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 am

CrappyMike wrote:i assume after that last comment you havent seen the most recent impact? apart from anderson winning the title last week, which anyone who cares should know by now, meaning sting wont be around much longer. i wont post a spoiler here in regards to jarrett, but hes not at the top of tna.

Nope. I heard that Anderson lost cleanly though :\

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:09 am

not exactly. he stopped in the middle of the match to get on his mic and be an asshole. it was similar to the way sting lost last week. no cheating, but it could be put down to luck.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:42 pm

TNA is and will always be about Jeff Jarrett putting himself over and jobs for the old boys. Everyone else is there to make up the numbers and will be paid accordingly.

I'm interested to see where Big Show's angle goes. On Smackdown this week he went all MMA on Mark Henry then later on smashed up ringside. He was clearly meant to 'break' the bottom rope but Del Rio accidentally took it out himself as he dived out of the ring.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm really not sure why Jarrett thought he was so amazing. He never deserved to be above the WWF midcard, he's just not that good. He has no place in the ring with Angle who... Well, was very good. He's a crippled old man taking stupid risks now and saying 'real' instead of 'true'

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:05 pm

kurt is still one of the best. jarretts heel run was amazing. i agree that the old guys need to go. steiner and sting especially. i dont mind jarrett being around, as long as theres actually something for him to do and he's not just there for the sake of being there.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 am

The main problem with TNA is that they have the talent to be amazing. The WCW-bad writing and the tonnes of old guys looking for a paycheck just completely fuck it up though.

Anyways, congratulations are in order to the WWE. After so long trying, they have finally done it. They now only have two main-eventers in the WHOLE company, Cena and Orton. They shoved Del Rio down into the Mid-card and Miz is now jobbing to Riley regularly. So well done guys, now we can just have a guy come out of the upper-mid every month to get put back down by the Champion.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 am

Del Rio is the most boring in ring performer I have ever seen after Ezekiel Jackson, WTF is WWE doing pushing him above a guy who actually has more talent than being able toflex some muscles

As for Riley, I think he has potential, and Miz is definately not jobbing, his match last night proved it, Miz is looking top turn face in the near future, and is being primed for it, and giving guys like Riley matches like last night proved just far he has come

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am

I still don't understand how someone can consider Del Rio boring, you're the only person to have ever said it I think. Especially since the top guy is Cena with his five moves of doom.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 am

herzeleid wrote:I still don't understand how someone can consider Del Rio boring, you're the only person to have ever said it I think. Especially since the top guy is Cena with his five moves of doom.

yet he still injects more excitement and story and impact in his matches than that yawnsome douche

absol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby absol » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am

After last night I really can't be arsed with WWE anymore. (I say that, but like all disillusioned smarks I'm still going to watch it religiously.)

Next week's Ring Of Honor PPV is going to blast WWE completely out of the water though. Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards WILL be match of the year, no doubt about it.
http://facebook.com/theprincipalityofsealand

http://theunbearableadventuresofpercy.tumblr.com/ - My webcomic.
'The next Dilbert', according to a very close, sycophantic, over-excited friend of mine.

Solidarity forever.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

del rio is amazing, but you already know that

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
herzeleid wrote:I still don't understand how someone can consider Del Rio boring, you're the only person to have ever said it I think. Especially since the top guy is Cena with his five moves of doom.

yet he still injects more excitement and story and impact in his matches than that yawnsome douche

You're excited by Cena... I thought you were an adult.

Also, the 'story' is Cena gets beaten up for ten minutes, then does 5 moves and wins :P

I'm actually agreeing with Mike here.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:37 pm

cena has charisma, but he's aimed at kids so its wasted. he does some great promos, but his matches all go the same way and he never loses without cheating or interference.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Last clean loss he had was HIAC 09 to Randy Orton. Last clean loss in a regular wrestling match was against Batista in 2008. That's right, three years ago :P

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Cena is eye catching,and explosive,his promos are hilarious, but yeah his character is certainly not one I relate to,or any British kid really, it's a very American attitude he has

My personal fav in ring performers are Bryan, Morrison and CM Punk at the moment, and i think Miz truly is brilliant, but Del Rio brings nothing to the table, he does nothing that makes you stand up and go whoa, he is a bland sandwich

His cars are the best bit about his matches

I am even finding Orton boring now, although his overhead cutter last night was cool,obviously replacing the Angle Slam :lol: