The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:09 am

well, nobody can ever say raw is better than impact again. that was truly shocking.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 am

Standard episode of Raw I thought. They edged forward a couple of angles for the Rumble, Santino got squashed, Punk was screwed again, Brodus Clay was kept off TV again. Wanting to know Jericho's agenda is next week's draw.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 am

I liked the old style Kane stuff, and the Y2J thing is interesting. I think it's just a really fucking clever heel turn, because he's too popular to come back anything but face. Otherwise it was a forgettable show.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 pm

It wasnt clever. They've billed his return as the end of the world as we know it and all he did was fuck about with the fans in a shit jacket and then fuck off. He could have come back as a heel by attacking someone. Anyone. If they dont have anyone for him now he should have come back in the rumble. No excuse for such a shit return whatsoever after those promo videos.
And brodus clay doesnt deserve to be on tv, i hope laurinitis wishes him well in his future endeavors on live tv

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Well the whole woman thing in the vignettes is supposedly supposed to be Stephanie, so she'll be controlling him I guess. I liked the jacket though! I'd buy one if I could.

I've not seen enough of Clay to give a proper opinion to be honest, last time I saw him wrassle was aaaaaages ago. Doesn't seem like he'll ever debut anyways!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 pm

All clay does is make stupid faces in what i can only assume is an attempt to look menacing.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 pm

What a waste of time watching this weeks was.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Well I do agree with pretty much everyone that Raw was pretty shocking last night, (although I'm not sure what else people were expecting because Raw's been shocking for months and even the return of Jericho wouldn't have effected what was a poor card) I have to agree with herzeleid in that I think Jericho's return was really quite clever, in that despite the fact he's been acting like a heel on twitter for months, ended his last run as a heel and yet return and have everyone love him without him having to even say a word.
I was however surprised to see the six man tag match booked above; not only the return of Jericho, but also a WWE championship, shows that the WWE brass still doesn't trust Punk to close the show and instead have a, lukewarm at very best, feud between Kane and Cena as Raw's "top" spot every week.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:47 pm

wwe are apparently interested in some tna wrestlers whose contracts will be up within a year. some surprising ones, they're apparently interested in bully ray but no word on whether they want devon, interested in beer money but not either guy as singles wrestlers. also shannon moore, matt morgan and the pope.
there were rumours they were interested in samoa joe, but unsurprisingly these rumours have been denied. maybe if he wasnt so lazy he'd have a shot at going somewhere with his career.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Joe has said in a lot of interviews, he wouldn't be interested in watering down his style to suit WWE

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Joe has said in a lot of interviews, he wouldn't be interested in watering down his style to suit WWE

Or the fact that he is too one dimensional and so would struggle to put on other types of entertaining matches.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:03 pm

or the fact that wwe would make him work whereas tna let him be a lazy shit and have boring matches putting in no effort?

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:05 pm

CrappyMike wrote:or the fact that wwe would make him work whereas tna let him be a lazy shit and have boring matches putting in no effort?

Probably. But TNA is where wrestlers go to die.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Y2J thing was weird, i'm guessing next week he comes out as a heel and slates all the WWE fans for being sheep etc :?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:15 pm

impact will be taped at wembley on the 28th, seems like a company moving forward rather than dying as some people think. as long as they dont move to mondays again i see this growth continuing for them. hopefully they'll be out of the impact zone permanently by the end of the year.