The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 am

watched impact today, only 3 matches, but its key that if you want tna to improve you must watch it on sunday on challenge. lots of talking and hardly any match time, but it was pretty good despite that.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 am

If Vengeance disappoints I will probably not watch any more wrestling until Survivor Series, just to see The Rock. I find myself just doing something else whenever I try to watch any wrestling at all at the moment.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 am

Enjoyed BFG, wasn't as good a PPV in the past though,and for the biggest PPV of the year it lacked any real spectacle in the production, sadly that's wrestling on a tight budget

Thought RVD vs Lynn was good, X Division match was very good,and Aj vs Daniels ended nothing for no reason other than to continue it,which was not the point of having an I Quit match ,which was to end the feud :?

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Anybody else a tad underwhelmed by the Vengeance lineup :?

Saying that i thought the lineup for MITB wasn't great and it was the PPV of the year so far

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 am

BFG isnt wrestlemania, its a wrestling ppv not an entertainment spectacle :lol: and on the wrestling side of things it wiped the floor with every wwe ppv, its only competition is destination x

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:47 am

Maybe it was just being in a not so great mood tonight but I had to struggle through most of Impact. Okay obviously there had to be loads of talky bits to follow up from last Sunday and it'll be a month at least before Immortal is properly finished but most of me is just really itching for it to be over with and to get to see more screen time dedicated to young talent again. Seeing Abyss tear apart Gunner, Steiner and Bully Ray over the next few weeks will be fun, not so sure about the whole Garrett Bischoff thing though...

And oh look, more trash talk and ultimatums between Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy with a bit of scrapping, followed by security, followed by referees, followed by D'Snow Brown and another cheap shot...

HURRY UP AND DO SOMETHING INTERESTING YOU BORING FUCKS.

However...

I did NOT see that ending coming in the main event. Fair fucking play.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Dragon Gate was awesome. I was really impressed with most of the wrestlers.

I found it more enjoyable than any of the WWE shows I've been to, mainly because of the bigger variety of moves.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:32 pm

CrappyMike wrote:BFG isnt wrestlemania, its a wrestling ppv not an entertainment spectacle :lol: and on the wrestling side of things it wiped the floor with every wwe ppv, its only competition is destination x

Money In The Bank is the best PPV of the year so far.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 pm

so i keep hearing, i didnt enjoy it.

and yeah, impact has aired now so fuck it, james storm deserved that. 2 million people watched it on thursday as well, and i left my TV on challenge when i went to work to help put the rating up here because this could be the start of a real push for young talent over old talent. next week has bobby roode vs samoa joe in a No.1 contenders match. odd, i havent seen joe do anything lately other than get his ass kicked. he got pinned at BFG too, hope i've heard wrong. he doesnt deserve the match.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 am

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:BFG isnt wrestlemania, its a wrestling ppv not an entertainment spectacle :lol: and on the wrestling side of things it wiped the floor with every wwe ppv, its only competition is destination x

Money In The Bank is the best PPV of the year so far.

Pretty much my feeling aswell :yes:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Vengeance was great. Every match was solid. Clever twist in Mark Henry v Big Show and that they held the main event in a collapsed ring added another dimension to it. Cena was on the ball last night (yes, I just said that). It was just a shame that the bloke will not lose cleanly. That spoiled the ending slightly but I'm so used to it now that I just accept it and appreciate the good work in the rest of the match.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:22 am

vengeance was alright, interesting main event but ultimately boring with all the typical super cena shit. big show vs mark henry was, predictably, boring as hell. in fact after punk and HHH vs miz and truth it was all round boring.

BFG and destination x remain the only contenders for PPV of the year.

which has got me thinking, raw has been great recently but when you take away the big storyline the in ring work is just dull. its a shame, because TNA have better matches and worse writing.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 am

I'm sorry man, Big Show and Mark Henry pulled out all the stops that night, I think the end was awesome, and they both deserve credit for that match

The main event was good too i thought, yeah it had super Cena, but he lost,so he isn't that super :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 am

he lost after repeatedly getting up from a series of moves that under normal circumstances would have ended a last man standing match. that, and he was on his feet at 11. they just cant put anyone over against cena.

and big show and mark henry at their best is still just two big slow boring guys. they had a bad match at MITB, and this was no different. good end, but they already did that with brock lesnar and big show. and mark henry was overselling like hell at the end :lol:

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Just arranged to go to the Raw house show in Sheffield in a couple of weeks :)

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p