The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Applecore » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 pm

They're consistent, I'll give them that, but there's nothing that really draws me in about them.
With the Wyatts you've got their weirdness and sheer size of Harper and Rowan. The Uso's have great presence. Mysterishow is a good combination of size and power with speed and high flying ability. Rybaxel is just power overload. Real Americans and Los Matadores I enjoy because of the gimmick mostly, but I do like Los Matadores in the ring too.
And then Goldust and Cody are just.. meh. There's nothing that really grabs me about them and almost every match they're in seems the same.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Cody/Goldust grabs me only because GOOLLLLDDUST! He's always been a favourite, great to see him in the ring and doing well.

Kinda disappointed Real Americans haven't been pushed harder, because they're quality from what I've seen (Note: I've watched about 4 PPVs and 2 raws since I started watching again the other week), and it's hilarious that the crowd is getting behind the "WE THE PEOPLE" thing because WOOMURICA and the commentators have to ignore it.

The Wyatt family are kinda... meh. Bray I like from what I've seen, the other two don't really interest me. Great concept though.

Usos have looked good for years, even back to when the tag division was basically them and The Hart Foundation (I miss you Tyson Kidd ;-;). Looking even better now.

Seems like this is has been a good time to get back into watching regularly.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:54 pm

I always knew Harper would have a lot more to offer as I'd been a fan of him since he was Brodie Lee in CZW, but both he and Rowan have come on leaps and bounds in their in-ring ability in the past few weeks. Somewhere down the line I'd really love to see Luke Harper vs Dean Ambrose in a series of no DQ stip matches. It wouldn't be ultraviolent like the Jon Moxley vs Brodie Lee stuff they did together, but it'd still be a lot more interesting a hardcore match than WWE has had in years.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd like to see that just to see Dean Ambrose bleed :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I believe The Uso's are the most deserving team for a title reign theyve been on the main roster for 4 years now but always come up just short of winning the titles, they've improved and the crowd response is the highest it's ever been for them I think even one title win is needed for people to see them as a top team or they might lose interest in them and be seen as a team that can't get it done.
I wouldn't mind seeing Harper/Rowan or The Real Americans taking the titles from The Uso's.

My fear is that Mania will be overloaded with former partners take on each other if the do go with Cody vs Goldust and The Shield against each other. I hope they hold off The Sheild breakup either to happen at Mania or after.

If they did make The Sheild take the titles from Cody/Goldust then split whilst champions creating a tournament to crown new champions it would be a good way to introduce some new teams and/or build on the ones they have.

It looks like there going with CM Punk vs Triple H for Mania I was thinking last night how great it would be (although highly unlikely) if they gave Punk permission to beat HHH with the Pepsi Plunge!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:49 pm

The Warlord wrote:
It looks like there going with CM Punk vs Triple H for Mania I was thinking last night how great it would be (although highly unlikely) if they gave Punk permission to beat HHH with the Pepsi Plunge!

Would make the most sense for a Wrestlemania moment.

In effect beating Triple H with "his own move" wouldn't do it so it's done from the top rope and can get a feud going off it with one of The Authorities cronies and Punk bringing up his indy past saying how he can beat anyone.

Usos for the tag titles I'd like to see.

The more I think about that crowd interaction the more I see Daniel Bryan winning the Royal Rumble. Authority messed up his title reigns and took away his chances of becoming champion so he wins the Rumble for an indisputable shot.

Having said that Lesnar has thrown his hat in there and I can see them going with either Lesnar vs Orton one on one or a fatal 4 way between Orton, Lesnar, Cena and Batista.

Regards Batista, have him come out on Monday with a face type start to his comeback speech then have The Authority come outs eemingly cutting him off.

Triple H gets in the ring on the mic and it looks like they are about to go at each other when they hug and Batista is alligned with The Authority.

He ISN'T in the main event of Mania but comes out to help Orton only to hit him with a Batista Bomb, allowing say Lesnar in the one on one scenario to win the title.

As Lesnar celebrates, Batista gets back in the ring, they staredown then smile and Batista motions he wants the belt, they shake hands and leave everyone confused.

Turns out on Raw that Heyman had been in Batistas ear how The Authority have been holding Batista back etc and that they had an agreement if Brock won the title that Batista would be the number one contender.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 pm

From what I've heard WWE are looking at Cena teaming with Hogan to take on a team Real Americans have been rumoured but I don't see them on the same par so I think it would be likely to be Orton and somebody else (possibly Jericho) Cena's been wearing Red & Yellow Boxers poking out his shorts the last couple of Raws!

I'd expect there gonna go with Lesnar (c) vs Batista for the WWE Title

Undertaker has expressed his wish to face Daniel Bryan. The only way I see this working is if UT is revealed as a leader/master role to The Wyatt Family, it certainly would be logical that fans would get behind Bryan and believe he has the ability to end the streak but at this part time in his career I don't see any fans would accept a heel Undertaker and cheer him anyway.

Obviously there's the chance if his contract expires (and the money troubles TNA are having) this might be the year we get to see Undertaker vs Sting (if they can convince him to sign)

Another rumoured match WWE were looking at was Daniel Bryan vs HBK if they could convince him to one more match. (As great as this would be I hope HBK sticks to his retirement).

Apparently they've been trying to negotiate with Goldberg to face Ryback (not really interested in this,Goldbergs WWE run was irrelevant and wasn't there for long, if WWE had handled Ryback properly like when he was feuding with Punk for the title then maybe this would have been interesting but now he's just a joke)

Probably a return match between ADR and RVD
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:17 pm

James Storm teasing on Twitter about a few debuts or people showing up at Genesis tonight ...

also apparantly Sting may be in talks with WWE if you believe the rumours, etc. etc.

TNA ONO Hardcore event was rather good I thought, lower budget more of an indy look suited it nicely.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Hulk hogan has said he is working wrestlemania. One of the latest rumours is hogan and a face superstar, possibly cena vs piper and a heel superstar.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

It's official. Time to catch up on the last 3 months of Impact. Can't wait to see their whole roster get the shit kicked out of them by The Wolves :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpqE77kFywk
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 pm

I'll be interested to see if the hype around these guys is justified. Also be interested to see how this new investor storyline develops. I'm 99% sure its going to be an anticlimax when they reveal who it is, but it can still be a good storyline if its done right.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:11 pm

As long as they're allowed to wrestle their style of match they'll get over. I'm really looking forward to seeing them against Kaz and Daniels, and Davey Richards one on one with Kurt Angle. It's been 5 years since he's had a match against Aries and 7 since he's faced Joe and has come on a hell of a lot since then so will be interesting to see those matches again too.

Speaking of HHH vs CM Punk and the possibility of the Pepsi Plunge, I watched the most recent episode of that British Wrestling Roundup show on Challenge TV there and they showed the classic Punk vs Joe match in FWA. They referred to Punk's finisher the first time as the Pepsi Plunge, but then called it a pedigree about 10 times, and bleeped it out every time because of the registered trademark on the name. Was strangely funny.
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Upcoming Gigs

FlorenceTheMachine
Definitely Not Nu

Postby FlorenceTheMachine » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 am

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:32 am

had to find a place to get the jim cornette shoot, which lead me to a wonderful land of random ROH matches and shit.

just watching McGuinness v Bryan v Castagnoli v Tyler Black from 2008.

castagnoli pulls out a big swing.

had to google it to make sure.

makes sense why cesaro is actually a semidecent wrestler i guess,