The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby mikeftw » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I don't get the "but he's a part-timer" argument either because so is Taker. It could be worse like, it could've been fucking The Rock or Batista that beat him. Or Cena.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I actually really enjoyed that.

Going in I knew Bryan won the first match (which wasn't really a spoiler as it was obvious) and that the streak came to an end. However the Bryan/HHH match was fucking awesome.
The Shield/NAO&Kane was short and benefited from it. There's no cracks in The Shield and I hope they continue on their rise.
Battle Royal was alright. Now that The Real Americans are done it'll be good to see a Cesaro push.
Cena/Wyatt was mostly awesome. I don't mind that they stuck with Supercena, as it was still a tight match. Perhaps could have been made better with no Harper & Rowan and a no dq ruling?
Skipped most of the streak as I knew the outcome and Brock Lesnar bores the shit out of me. Sad to see it end but The Undertaker is clearly struggling. 21-1 is nothing to be sniffed at.
Divas match, meh, liked AJ's cheat but it'll blatantly come back at her soon.
That main event. That's what we want to see, WWE. Thank you.
Bring on Raw!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 pm

mikeftw wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I don't get the "but he's a part-timer" argument either because so is Taker. It could be worse like, it could've been fucking The Rock or Batista that beat him. Or Cena.

For me Taker has earned being part time, you know?

When you've been wrestling since 1984, you can slow down a bit after 30 years.

Lesnar is just some bell end who realised he could make hella cash money back in the WWE.

Still, I guess it was a big moment. This is the one match I was completely sure about the outcome of. No way Lesnar ends the stream, so it wins on that front?

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Yeah totally. Seeing the guys and the wrestling styles I love triumph is great, but what really hooks me is those 3 or 4 times a year WWE can surprise me. As Eric Bischoff said "controversy creates cash."

Or as Vince Russo once said "SWERVE MOTHERFUCKERS!"

As for Lesnar, he has ALWAYS been like that, even in OVW. He was getting paid 3 times as much as any other developmental star and that was the only reason he was there. He never followed any locker room code. There was a story about a time he had to do a gorilla press slam on a valet who happened to be Jim Cornette's girlfriend and she asked him to go gentle on lifting her because she had got her clit pierced earlier that day. The stupid asshole actually clamped down on her just out of badness.

Still, no one will ever match Shawn Michaels for being a piece of shit backstage and well all still love him right?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Shawn Michaels changed though, and has a devilish charm. Lesnar looks like a giant muscular baby and has a sneaky Jew manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-13-hiqASIk

This made me chuckle through the shock :D

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Only time Shawn Michaels was bearable was when he was in DX and that's at a push, before and after complete prick

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

WRESTLEMANIA.

http://i.imgur.com/EZcdMJH.jpg

that's the thing, they timed it perfectly. the divas match gave me a good pee break, and then the main match lasted just long enough for me to get over Taker and get behind DB again.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 pm

herzeleid wrote:Shawn Michaels changed though

Finding god doesn't make up for the backstage bullying and other shit he got up to. He was the original shovel-master, getting Carl Pierre Oulet buried and starved so he wasn't earning any money while his contract ran out rather than just getting Vince to fire him. And that wasn't even his own personal beef that was Diesel's situation that he interjected himself into! Nash was actually a really reasonable guy, he even made sure Mabel didn't get disciplined after sitting on Nash's injured back when he was told not to. Michaels was the instigator in all the nasty shit The Kilq got up to. And that doesn't even cover stuff he did on his own like fucking Sunny and literally rubbing it in Chris Candido's face the next morning. The nice guy act from 2002 onwards doesn't fool me.
Upcoming Gigs

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Jobdone wrote:WRESTLEMANIA.

http://i.imgur.com/EZcdMJH.jpg

that's the thing, they timed it perfectly. the divas match gave me a good pee break, and then the main match lasted just long enough for me to get over Taker and get behind DB again.

There was a nice shot of Aksana's arse in it actually, the netting kind of slipped on her tights. She is 100% pure one and only Waifu material.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:56 pm

herzeleid wrote:
There was a nice shot of Aksana's arse in it actually, the netting kind of slipped on her tights. She is 100% pure one and only Waifu material.

Shit, well now I have to rewatch it.

Also I think Wyatt/Cena match was one of my favourite of the night. It was a little slow, but the peformance aspect was off the fucking charts. "HE DOESN'T EVEN WANNA FIGHT ME". Bray is gonna be huge for years man.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Huh. The Divas match actually had some pretty cool spots.

The Bellas suicide dive, powerbomb/superplex (Always been one of my favourites) and the cool as fuck looking submission with a hint of cheating. Good stuff.

Apparently Vickies leaving so makes sense that AJ would pull it out again.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Hmm, Xpac tweeted: My thoughts go out to Taker, I realize what happened now and I apologize for publicly questioning the finish. That's all I'm going to say.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm

I just can't imagine it being a shoot victory, simply because Taker could've kicked out if he wanted to. That being said, if this conspiracy theory is true then it was definitely all Paul E.'s idea, that I can believe!
Upcoming Gigs

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Eh, Xpac trying to stay relevant probably.

Some unconfirmed reports that he ended up in the hospital. Seemed to look fucked up for the german suplexes but I'm not sure if that was just part of the story.

Will be interesting to see the fallout.