The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby MikeA » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:06 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
MikeA wrote:
manowarrior wrote:Is anyone here going to the uk tour in November? Im going to manchester house show and main events are cena vs adr.

Aye, will be at the show. Whered you hear about the matches?

And LOL at andrewhall. If they wanted to write JR off TV, the best place to do it is in his home town. JR knows how wrestling works, he would know this.

well as people have said, that wasn't a script, they really fired him live on air AGAIN :|

hmm, maybe. except he hasent been fired as such. Just removed from TV. I admitt if they didnt tell himt hats harsh, but it was probably done to milk real emotions. And so it didn't leak out.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:26 pm

that doesnt excuse it. and telling him doesnt really increase the risk of it leaking.

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:26 pm

MikeA wrote:Aye, will be at the show. Whered you hear about the matches?

Just the venue's websites, I was at the raw and smackdown house shows earlier this year and they brought a HUGE roster over, I swear the raw show had close to 30 stars there!

I dont think any talent or undercard is really announced, just 1 or 2 matches and half a dozen names
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 am

bound for glory looks incredible. i expect maybe 2 bad matches. no doubt TNA will find a way to fuck it up, but im really looking forward to it.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:49 am

same, but you've probably jinxed it now Mike. If it sucks i'm blaming you.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 pm

In other news JR was on commentary for RAW's recording in Mexico

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm

BFG SPOILERS

first of all, BFG was excellent, but im not gonna review every match. it was probably my favourite ppv of the year. the one low point being the abysmal joke of a knockouts match, and even that ended well. the tag title match was dropped, meaning no tag team matches at all on the ppv. bit shit but not the end of the world.
however, hogan and sting was not as bad as i expected and i really am surprised. it was by no means a good match, but that wasnt the point. hulk proved everyone wrong, his back took it and he was standing at the end. reminiscent of the end of the WM18 match though.

and then he fucked it all up. roode should be the world champ right now. that was the plan, that was what the fans new was coming, that was the move tna needed to make to secure people like me continuing to support them. then hogan decided roode wasnt ready, resulting in no crowd reaction whatsoever for angle winning. no heat, no cheers, nothing. word back stage is hogan wanted the biggest reaction of the night, roode winning would take that away from him so an injured angle is still the champ.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Well that was one hell of a slap JR gave Cole :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 pm

MORE BFG SPOILERSSS!!!

dusty finish in the Roode vs. Angle match though, and with the performance he put on it was clear Roode deserved to win. I expect he'll win his rematch before the next PPV.

Great matches all round, particularly RVD vs. Lynn and Bully Ray vs. Anderson, though being Philly you knew they were going to pull out all the stops for those 2. Glad with how the 2 smaller title matches ended, particularly the X Division. First time either of the 2 really made me believe they were deserving of the belt. Really hope either Kid Cash or Alex Shelley gets a push for it now.

Daniels vs. Styles was the most cringe-inducing shit i'd seen for ages, especially Daniels addressing AJ's wife. And joy of joys looks like that feud isn't done with yet :rolleyes:

Hardy/Jarett exchange was pointless, when are they going to do something interesting with this angle?

I wish the Hogan vs Sting fight had gone on a bit longer before Immortal coming to the ring and all that resolution. Bischoff getting fucked up a bit more and Abyss turning on Immortal instead of hiding behind the curtain would've been more entertaining, especially as he's been looking ready to snap for weeks but ah well. I reckon they were pressed for time which is why that match was a bit on the short side, as well as the tag title match getting dropped.

Speaking of which i've been checking out this Christina Von Eerie chick who's joined Ink Inc. It's a struggle finding vids of her on the indie circuit with people that can have a good match with her but I thinks she's very credible, looking forward to her in singles competition in the Knockouts division.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 pm

RVD vs Lynn was awful :lol: RVD cant wrestle between his signature moves at all, he ends up relying on his opponent and then just hits like 3 signature moves in a row :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:32 am

But when has he ever been any different? It was a nostalgia matchup for the old ECW die hards pure and simple. They both showed their age when they were grappling, especially right after the X Division match you can see how much faster the younger guys are. But once the ladders and chairs came out it got really enjoyable. Predictable, and basically a checklist for all their most famous spots but I wouldn't really want anything else from that match.

To me Daniels vs. Styles was the real dud match. "Wendy take the kids out of the room!"

I'm nearly boking just thinking about how bad it was :lol:
Upcoming Gigs

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

Bwahaha, I saw some TNA taping spoilers. Talk about nonsensical!

P.S. Mexican RAW was shit. I thought CM Punk was changing the WWE, what happened to that?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

yeah the bit with daniels was the most cringeworthy shit i've seen in a while, probably since his last heel run when he feuded with val venis actually :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:18 pm

This whole new feud with AJ is really unengaging though as well as cringeworthy. I think I might have to resort to skipping their promos and turning the sound down on their matches til its blown over.
Upcoming Gigs

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Dragon Gate is coming to Nottingham this weekend. Looking forward to it.

http://www.dragongateuk.com/
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!