The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

The Wrestling Thread

Postby gelder » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:26 am

Seeing as there's a few wrestling fans on here, and it seems to be on the verge of an exciting year, thought I'd make this!

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby manowarrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 am

got Impact and Raw to watch tonight, should be interesting!

Anyone going to the TNA tour in a few weeks?
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am

The only thing gayer than wrestling is wrestling with Manowar involved.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 am

I presume the Jeff Hardy in TNA thing is what prompted this. That doesn't strike me as that exciting - if TNA really want to build to the next level, they really need to start having a lot more of their own wrestlers (like Abyss etc) coming through. It still feels like a WWE cast off show to me.

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 am

Twaddlefish wrote:The only thing gayer than wrestling is wrestling with Manowar involved.

That would cause a wave of homosexuality that would turn the population of the planet gay. Manowar would be number one in every country after that.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:41 am

The Toad wrote:I presume the Jeff Hardy in TNA thing is what prompted this. That doesn't strike me as that exciting - if TNA really want to build to the next level, they really need to start having a lot more of their own wrestlers (like Abyss etc) coming through. It still feels like a WWE cast off show to me.

Not just that but everyone who was there last night, plus Bret Hart in WWE. To me TNA is the better show in terms of abilities of the wrestlers. And about having a lot of their own wrestlers, their last 2 PPV main events have had AJ, Daniels and Samoa Joe, none of which have been in WWE.

manowarrior wrote:
Anyone going to the TNA tour in a few weeks?

I was thinking of it, but I'm off to the Smackdown/ECW one in Manchester and can't really do 2 so close together

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am

gelder wrote:
The Toad wrote:I presume the Jeff Hardy in TNA thing is what prompted this. That doesn't strike me as that exciting - if TNA really want to build to the next level, they really need to start having a lot more of their own wrestlers (like Abyss etc) coming through. It still feels like a WWE cast off show to me.

Not just that but everyone who was there last night, plus Bret Hart in WWE. To me TNA is the better show in terms of abilities of the wrestlers. And about having a lot of their own wrestlers, their last 2 PPV main events have had AJ, Daniels and Samoa Joe, none of which have been in WWE.

I see your point, but they've relied too heavily on the cast-offs for a long time now. If they step up the promotion on their own guys they could overturn the WWE's dominance as they really do have somedecent talent and normally manage half decent booking. Everytime they pick up an ex WWE guy and push them at the expense of one of their own, it sets the whole thing back.

Didn't know about Bret Hart. Off to youtube...

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

The TNA tour will be way more fun than the WWE one! I was at the Impact Zome for Turning Point (btw it is TINY!!) but it had two bars and a fucking moshpit/standing area... :rock:

The Manchester show last year was also fun, crowd (mainly 18-25yr old metallers) were shit hot throughout and was dead easy to byob in.
Whereas the Raw taping in 2008 was boring, crowd were silent and too many bloody kids!
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 pm

I am thinking of going to Wembley tbh, i have never done a live wrestling event and I prefer TNA's style of wrestling to WWE's which is less technical and more story driven imo, i like the realism and impact of the TNA matches although the overall product isn't as good , i think this year could see a real shift, they are the attitude era that everyone older than 12 is missing at the moment

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Well the Smackdown tickets were an xmas present, but given the choice its what I'd have picked because I;ve never been to a WWE event, just small local shows, and want to experience the whole OTT of it! Might do TNA on their next tour!!

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:39 pm

gelder wrote:Might do TNA on their next tour!!

Last year Dixie Carter said they wanted to do a PPV (unsure if it was a special or one of the usual 12) in the Birmingham NIA, wonder if they'll do this considering the attendance at the Impact zone is so low (way under 1000) whereas the uk tour was 10k on average!

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 pm

UFC is where it's at.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:48 pm

I have the '98 King of the Ring on VHS still somewhere I believe. The Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell match still makes me panthappy.

But otherwise,

THAT AINT REAL WRASTLING!

:eyes:

uber_scran
Consort of the Beast

Postby uber_scran » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:The only thing gayer than wrestling is wrestling with Manowar involved.

or Arctic Fury involved