The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:25 pm

http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/roster
theres people on there who are gone from wwe for certain, and a few we havent seen for months. its ridiculous
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 pm

- Jim Ross on why some WWE wrestlers were left off the WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 video game roster: "If you are wondering why some WWE Superstars are on the Smackdown vs Raw 2010 video game and others aren't it's because this particular decision has to be made long in advance and several months ago the point of no return and going with what was there came and went. I had the same issues when I was the head of Talent Relations and made those decisions. One is damned if they do and damned if they don't when one has to work with such long lead times. This matter will never be resolved in my view and there will always be some wrestlers who make the game that don't deserve to and some that are left off that deserve to be included."

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 7917.shtml

This is the case every year, it can't be helped.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:07 pm

it's a fair point, but theres no deadline for dlc. the bushwhackers, doink the clown, ted dibiase and evan bourne got into 09 so i dont see why bryan cant be dlc for this one. if it was anyone else i really wouldnt care, but after having him lose so much and then just leave him out of the game completely? its not right
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:07 pm

I thinkpeople aree taking this a tad too seriously, after all, it is just a game , who cares who is in it , and the new superstars of WWE game looks a damn site more fun to be honest

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:09 pm

CrapyMike wrote:a few years over 60 at the very least. he's always been quite shit though, hasnt really changed a lot with age.
he was in a money in the bank match a while back and one of the announcers said he was 60, this was a few years ago.

saw him fighting Abyss earlier, pretty lacklustre match.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Bryans just a vegan pale geek in maroon trunks, surly if you internet nerds love him so much itll take like 5 minutes to create him.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:27 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I thinkpeople aree taking this a tad too seriously, after all, it is just a game , who cares who is in it , and the new superstars of WWE game looks a damn site more fun to be honest

the SvR series is ranked at number 22 in the list of best selling games of all time, beating tekken, guitar hero, harry potter, crash bandicoot and even halo.
its not just that he isnt in it, its that they're not putting him in it ever, and he keeps losing on raw. the game is as important to wwe as the shows, and they get paid quite a lot for being in it. if they had left out gold dust of evan bourne i wouldnt care, it just makes it really unclear what they're trying to do with him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_be ... franchises

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 pm

And still i can't get upset about it

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 am

The only annoying fact about new SvR is that they'll be no Shelton Benjamin.

he's been my go to guy for all of the recent games :(

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 am

Jobdone wrote:The only annoying fact about new SvR is that they'll be no Shelton Benjamin.

he's in it

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am

CrapyMike wrote:
Jobdone wrote:The only annoying fact about new SvR is that they'll be no Shelton Benjamin.

he's in it

Then I have no complaints :D

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:47 am

CrapyMike wrote:
Fatboy wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:im not sure what to say about bound for glory. a good ppv, but wtf was that at the end? angle cant retire that way, if he leaves tna he's got to show up in wwe at some point cause that cannot be angles last match ever
right before BFG Angle signed a new 1 year deal with TNA so he wont leave he will probably take a little time off though.
i wouldnt be suprised if he is bought back by Dixie to fight the big evil that is THEY (hogan, eric jarrett, jeff, abyss, flair, morgan, aj, kaz, williams, storm and roode)

yeah that would make sense, remember sting and nash are probably gonna go face now, anderson and joe might join them too
Nash's contract is up and he is gone and so is Rhyno as of the impact tapings after BFG.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 am

I havn't seen the PPV yet shut up idiots :x

:lol:

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:35 pm

so B4G then... trainwreck or what? no spoilers but the ending made zero sense as two of "they" were beating the shit out of each other a few weeks ago!

http://www.lordsofpain.net/columns/tnat ... glory.html

This guy's posts are awesome esp his fake B4G review several weeks before the event

I watched raw this week for the first time in ages and im sorry to say but it was far better than the last few impacts!
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:45 pm

The problem with TNA is

Spoilers be here Andy.

It's just recreating shitty, late 90s WCW. What with They/nWo and the bad Jershey Shore character linking to a tv show and all that kinda stuff.

It's just plain bad. I had high hopes, they have been thoroughly shat all over.